COVID19

Raindance

Been locked home for two weeks now, not so terrible. My work is going to be reduced to 50% activity but we keep getting paid the same thanks to being in France so it's more vacation time in the end on our end. Will be locked down for 4 more weeks at the moment.

I'm quite concerned about US handling of the incident though.

You can only not contract a specific strain when your body has produced anti-bodies against said strain, if it's an entirely new strain then you're capable of catching it again.

It's like the flu, it changes every year because new strains form every year, this is why people have a yearly flu vaccine.

YES. And they aren't sure, if there are 2 strains of this specific virus, or if there's 1. However it doesn't matter, as export of the "dangerous" strain they're theorizing, not stating, that there might be hasn't been widespread (according to the study), now, for people asking me for a source? Did you even read what I wrote in my first post? Have you never got the flu? Flu is short for influenza. All types of influenza viruses are viruses that you become infected with, beat (or die), and then you are immune to said virus. That's just how it is. There are absolutely no variations here. This is how an influenza virus works.

Edited by cracked
8 minutes ago, cracked said:

YES. And they aren't sure, if there are 2 strains of this specific virus, or if there's 1. However it doesn't matter, as export of the "dangerous" strain they're theorizing, not stating, that there might be hasn't been widespread (according to the study), now, for people asking me for a source? Did you even read what I wrote in my first post? Have you never got the flu? Flu is short for influenza. All types of influenza viruses are viruses that you become infected with, beat (or die), and then you are immune to said virus. That's just how it is. There are absolutely no variations here. This is how an influenza virus works.

You're kidding me right? If you're done with your superficial unsourced armchair virology and immunology, could you actually back your up your statements instead of spreading misinformation? SARS-CoV-2 is NOT the Influenza virus, and COVID-19 is NOT the flu. Coronaviridae have nothing to do with Orthomyxoviridae nor are they even remotely near the same order. Unless you know something that the world scientists don't, I'd really like to see your source. 

8 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

You're kidding me right? If you're done with your superficial unsourced armchair virology and immunology, could you actually back your up your statements instead of spreading misinformation? SARS-CoV-2 is NOT the Influenza virus, and COVID-19 is NOT the flu. Coronaviridae have nothing to do with Orthomyxoviridae nor are they even remotely near the same order. Unless you know something that the world scientists don't, I'd really like to see your source. 

ok ok chill bud, didn't need to pull your degree out of your ass for this lmao

im not claiming to be an expert, just following common sense

cuz im tired of the panicking that saying things like "it can infect twice" etc causes

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, cracked said:

ok ok chill bud, didn't need to pull your degree out of your ass for this lmao

im not claiming to be an expert, just following common sense

cuz im tired of the panicking that saying things like "it can infect twice" etc causes

Common sense BASED ON WHAT?

I've not left my house for two weeks and it's not entirely terrible on my end. Just worrying for my parents and grandparents, they're my main priority.

But on the bright side, I've got a lot of work done and college is somewhat okay, I suppose. Currently looking into the future for a new career path.

Sharing my experience from 2nd week on lockdown, I still go out quite regularly for fresh air. Had a military inspection today and not a lot of people seem worried. I live in Finland and the region Uusinmaa which is the region surrounding our capital city, Helsinki has been completely shut off from the rest of the country, the only exception being people who have yet to return to their homes inside or outside the region. The reason for this being that Uusinmaa contains more than half the confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Finland. 

My region, Pirkanmaa is still quite calm with a relatively low amount of confirmed cases here. College's have been shut down since the 14th of March and gonna remain closed until the 16th of April. College is going relatively well despite teachers being unprepared, to say the least, but we're getting there, teachers are trying their best to stay in the touch with students and keep themselves to our previous regular teaching plan/system with low workloads. Online classes tend to last from 10-50 minutes on average. 

From what I have heard, students in other countries have had some hilarious encounters during their online classes, for example, the teacher just showing off a PowerPoint for 5 minutes, wishing everyone good luck and leaving the call.

• Gall locked this topic