Property Tenants (Potential Guidelines/Rules)

Dust

@Tex96

Don't quote me on it, a member of property management would have to chime in. I honestly don't know if there are enough properties to allow exclusive renting at each property. You have to consider that multiple factions may RP in a specific area and also RP living in that area. I can't imagine there are enough properties to accommodate 1 property per person exclusively, I could be wrong. You have to consider the possibility that its not really a money thing so much as an OOC allowance to accommodate the amount of players on the server. A necessary concession, I would say.

I know not all the accounts below are active, but there are 4,328 total properties versus over 48,000 registered accounts. Let's say even 10% of those accounts are remotely active and online at some point, you're already looking at more players (4,800) than total properties. Also have to keep in mind not all properties are residential either or even listed for rent. Many properties are bought and not rented. So the available rental properties goes even lower when you take all that into account.

@Thirteen Maybe you can comment on this, please? Much appreciated.

size.png

Edited by Giles
23 minutes ago, Giles said:

@Tex96

Don't quote me on it, a member of property management would have to chime in. I honestly don't know if there are enough properties to allow exclusive renting at each property. You have to consider that multiple factions may RP in a specific area and also RP living in that area. I can't imagine there are enough properties to accommodate 1 property per person exclusively, I could be wrong. You have to consider the possibility that its not really a money thing so much as an OOC allowance to accommodate the amount of players on the server. A necessary concession, I would say.

I know not all the accounts below are active, but there are 4,328 total properties versus over 48,000 registered accounts. Let's say even 10% of those accounts are remotely active and online at some point, you're already looking at more players (4,800) than total properties. Also have to keep in mind not all properties are residential either.

size.png

Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention. It's appreciated. Like I said (as you must of read also) I'm relatively really new to this server and so It's nice to hear this and be educated about the housing situation from both an IC and OOC perspective. You've definitely opened my eyes. I still believe there should be a limit in some extreme cases because at the end of the day, what I experienced really broke my immersion. 

2 minutes ago, Raindance said:

I rent out my trailer to up to three tenants but I got an excuse!

B86YQvz.png

I also use a tenant agreement which i give to the tenant ig 

Reveal hidden contents

ur78sIy.png

This is also great to see! Would be awesome if everyone followed a similar route and newbies like me would have a lot less confusion. 

1 hour ago, Tex96 said:

Thanks for the post.

I agree that the housing market should be more realistic and I've been told by management that they are currently reviewing the current system and in the process of coming up with a better way of handling renting.

I agree on your last comment (about the 8 tenants) but I have a little point to make. Although yes, if you really wanted to you could have 8 tenants in a one bedroom, I would argue that this should be considered illegal (as it would be in real life). As long as everything is dealt with IC'ly and the owner of the property is aware that what he is doing is against the law, I have no issues with it at all!

My main issue about all this is, is the fact that people are renting to multiple people to make more money, which in my opinion is abusing the script. 

Shouldn't be common place and definitely should be illegal, but I'd like to be able to have a little shack with a bunch of people in it. That being said, ever since the start I've always been a major supporter for IC renting. I like landlord interaction RP, hate the rentroom script because when you ask for places to rent people just point you to the map. I personally really think that changing this will be very positive to the server!

9 hours ago, Giles said:

@Tex96

I know not all the accounts below are active, but there are 4,328 total properties versus over 48,000 registered accounts. Let's say even 10% of those accounts are remotely active and online at some point, you're already looking at more players (4,800) than total properties. Also have to keep in mind not all properties are residential either or even listed for rent. Many properties are bought and not rented. So the available rental properties goes even lower when you take all that into account.

size.png

If I recall correctly, the number is a bit skewed as it doesn't take into account multi interior apartments and doesn't specify if it is designated as a residential or commercial property. 

We can also take into account the fact that there are not 48,000 active players to skew it in the other direction again. 

That being said, I would love to see the rental process being handled more in character and more exclusively, but it is simply not realistic to expect everyone to do it at its current state. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Landlords should be given more tighter regulations in my opinion. I rented a property, excluvie rent (so no one else could rent it), and for some reason while I was at Bahama Mamas I got the red message that I was evicted.

No contact with him, no response to PM's.

Abusing the script system like this should be forbidden.

48 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Landlords should be given more tighter regulations in my opinion. I rented a property, excluvie rent (so no one else could rent it), and for some reason while I was at Bahama Mamas I got the red message that I was evicted.

No contact with him, no response to PM's.

Abusing the script system like this should be forbidden.

Well yeah, I've got two apartments and three tenants. I'm in contact with everyone in my properties and that should be all done ICly.

Kicking tenants like that should be forbidden as you still have the keys and should return it ICly.

I personally don't think it should be an absolute rule that it has to be rented realistically, but instead you have to disclose to each tenant how many people you are thinking of allowing. I just think the renting system helps a little OOCly, in a good way, for certain players. For example, if you're a fresh new character and want to join a street gang faction but are having to find a way for your sixteen year old character to get to where the faction is based from the airport every spawn. That situation I just mentioned is just as unrealistic as allowing 8 tenants stay in a one bedroom house.

Right, well we're not fully 100% realistic here anyway, are we?

If you were to put out an absolute rule about this you would ruin;

* The property market as a whole, there would be no homes for some people.

* The business of owning and renting out properties, people trying to sell their properties would skyrocket.

* An entire sector of RP would vanish.

But cracked... we don't give a fuck. We aren't in that business so it doesn't affect us, yet we're commenting on it and are trying to ruin it.

Curious though, why would it vanish?

Because it won't be profitable anymore. At all. There will be almost 0 money to be earned through investments on properties. Not -every- player is active enough to pay as many rents as you need to keep investments going. The fact that multiple people can rent is making it a viable option. I've had 3 players renting at a 2 bedroom apartment, and none of them have complained, even after I presented my number if there were any issues. They're barerly on at the same time, and they barerly make up the hours that 1 very active player does. It's not OP though, in any way shape or form. I am not making more than I did running a car dealership.

And there's also ways to RP the whole more than one tenant type of thing. I like to RP it as an "online renting" type of thing (Kinda like AirBnB? if im not mistaken). People rent short-term, pay online etc and therefore tenants can run into eachother. (Because many people come and go from properties.)

WHoxsId.png

Keep in mind there's 1 active tenant. This "active" tenant has gotten me 2 rents now, in about 3-4 days. The other two have not been online in a while. 

EDIT:

I just realized another issue with this. If you were to put in a rule, ANYONE who would stay in the property renting business, would start to kick out players that aren't "active enough" for them. This would favour players who are very active, but leave anyone else who perhaps is on 1-3 hours a day without any chance to rent a place.

It's not broken. It's flawed.

And if it aint broke, what are you fixing

Edited by cracked
2 hours ago, cracked said:

And there's also ways to RP the whole more than one tenant type of thing. I like to RP it as an "online renting" type of thing (Kinda like AirBnB? if im not mistaken). People rent short-term, pay online etc and therefore tenants can run into eachother. (Because many people come and go from properties.)

This - I've been doing something like this and roleplaying it as the properly being available on an app like that.

Some people rent the house and barely clock an hour of rent in a matter of two weeks. They're clearly too inactive to own their own house or rent exclusively. Others are more active, but overall, the current system allows all of these people to have a place to stay. Most of the time, they rarely run into each other. If they do, it can create some kind of RP. It's a flawed system but it works, otherwise plenty of people with low activity would be homeless.

• Upvote 1