Hector Arellano: Wrong Path

Centi

Book III: Drug Introduction

Chapter 10: Trigger

HK0T1p7.png

I had way too much free time after getting expelled from school and Maria passing away. I was approached one night by this dude they call Trigger, mentioned how active I was on the block. I mean, yeah "active" AKA I play soccer and do dumb shit all day with my homies, I dunno if I'm ready for whatever he has to say to me. But the conversation was nothing heavy, he just got to know me and all that. I spent the next day watching Jo push drugs outside while I'm there sitting on a bench doing nothing with my time... As soon as it went dark I went to look for Trigger, we talked again and this time I mentioned drugs to see how he reacts. I was literally sold work that same night by him, he told me the prices and thrown me out into the streets, I didn't know what the fuck I was supposed to do at first, so I stashed all of it then stood around the corner waiting like a dumbass thinking old-school. Eventually I learned the ways though, got to know my clients and dropped shit off at their addresses whenever they was ready to pay.

Chapter 11: Friendship lost

GRMLF9m.png

Remember Luis? Yeah we talked about him before, and we're gonna talk about him again.
Him and Brycen were my best friends but, now it's only Brycen. I started getting used to pushing drugs outside, talked to almost everybody that got anything from me and made them come back later for more, spent most of my time doing almost only that. Luis didn't really like hanging out with others as much as he did with me, I didn't know that back then so I simply prioritized making money. At some point he approached me, told me that I changed, later that day he saw me sell somebody some weed then walked up to me, "Is that what you're doing with your time now?". Like the bad influence that I became, I tried to convince him on how easy it is to make bread by doing this... I talked to Trigger about Luis, he got to know him too, tried to sell him work the same way he did to me.
Luis didn't look comfortable doing it and you could tell he's dealing a hundred kilometers from where he's standing, one day he got a re-up from Trigger, he gave him the drugs back a day after and told him he's out.
I was too blinded by the money, it turned me into an asshole and didn't let me see how good of a friend Luis was and how much he cared. Instead I just called him a lame and stopped talking to him after a fight we had.

Chapter 12: In their eyes, you ARE gangbanging 

rq5DwEL.png

I didn't think ahead when I took that brown paper launch bag from Trigger. I used to go to a store in Davis when I couldn't find what I needed in our Rancho local store. I was walking over there one day, had to pass through Covenant Avenue, some black dude walked up to me, "I know you". I'm like... "You do?", then the nigga yanks out a whole Glock. 
Now, obviously, "I sell drugs everyday in Rancho but I don't want anything to do with gangbanging" sounds a little iffy, I had the barrel on my forehead as he told me he doesn't wanna see me walk down his block again. 
I ran back to the hood frightened. From that day ahead, I've only felt welcome in one neighborhood and it's my own.

Edited by Centi
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1

Book IV: Street Beef 

I've never realised how dangerous it can get around here until the first time I witnessed a gang shooting up close, it was fucking brutal and made me hope to never watch anything like it happen again.

SUs53Vv.png

Chapter 13: Hospitalized

YrODZPh.png

The gang that resides in the area I live in was beefing hard with GBZ and the Flats, two Sureno sets only a few blocks away from Rancho. It was all fun and games to me at first, you know, talk all that tough gang shit but you're not so sure if you can handle the real world out there. Turns out, I wasn't ready for it yet, not at all...
Back then I had no idea about the reasons these sets were beefing, I mean I did hear words out in the street about the greenlight, the hand and all that. I was posted up at night around a corner pushing Trigger's product, before one of the "big homies" approached me and told me to go home, to go inside.
My arrogant and ignorant ass didn't listen, "I ain't a pussy!". The last gang shooting I had witnessed only involved 3 opps. This time I even kept my lil strap under the hoodie thinking it'd make a difference, thinking the numbers are gonna be that small again, but little did I fucking know.
A whole bunch of cars pulled up north, south, alleys, everywhere. All of a sudden I hear a loud series of gunshots, first one to get dropped was a local kid attempting to face the trouble, I pull up the strap and try to dip throuh the alley then stumble upon two dudes aiming at me. My homies was right behind me so I aim the gun up, squeeze the trigger and wake up two weeks later in the fucking hospital wondering what the fuck just happened.

I've had a whole lotta time to think about everything on the hospital bed. I've also noticed that nobody mentioned the strap, the cop I woke up to only asked me a few random questions, I just kept pointing at my mouth like "hmmmph!" as if I'm a fucking mute. He gave up and left eventually. After a friend picked me up from the hospital and dropped me home, I stayed in for a couple of weeks while trying to recover, even ghosted on Trigger. I wasn't able to hide in my cave for too long though, he blowed my phone up asking where I am and ended up knocking on my door. The big homies looked proud of me for taking a bullet for the block, locals heard about it too, and with all the good words Trigger slid in for me for pushing his product? This helped my rep even though I didn't ask for it.

Chapter 14: Rebel

I was asked a few days later by somebody that goes by the street name "Rebel" if I had a minute for a word, I followed him into the corner and I see a bunch of gang affiliated members all around me, he asked me if I'm really about this life, if I really wanted to bang that big bad Jamestown Mafia. I was young and all the risk factors pointed at the fact that me taking the wrong path is inevitable. That's the day of my initiation, the day I was jumped in.
1YrLDoN.jpg

I've always respected Rebel, so did everybody else. To us he's one of the realest big homies on the block, back then I didn't really know much about him since almost all of our conversations were about business, but I did notice that he cares about the neighborhood and community, hosts parties and barbecues to unite the locals and cheer the mood up here and there. But when you look at it as an outsider, he ain't nice, not even one fucking bit, and this is coming from somebody that witnessed him gun down more than five Surenos with a draco in under two minutes.

Chapter 15: Bad News

Remember the attack that got me hospitalized? It wasn't the only one, the two Sureno sets attacked again a few weeks later but this time I got it worse than just a bullet.
Very late at night and all of a sudden, everybody broke the night's silence with their loud barkers. As soon as the shooting stopped, everybody laid low. Next day I walk out of my crib to one of the hot spots on the block, everybody I saw was sad and depressed, if that isn't a sign of bad news I don't know what is... Worse part is? When I approached they all looked at me with their sad fucking faces, got me all worried. I look around, there's no Brycen.

26IJV6v.png

I've always had issues with letting things go, you do me wrong and I wont forget about it until I do something about it, it's kinda the same with what happened with Brycen.

qPaksXO.png

HCwcDQH.png

PMF4k0E.png

SKyqh9i.png

I was too young and angry to the point that I wished I could just take a couple of homeboys with me and roll by their blocks and spray the fuck out of them, but I don't have that kinda heat nor the strengh, and my arm is still paralyzed from the bullet it took. I was convinced that the right time will come one day, and it did.

Book V: Snake

Patience is key.

Chapter 16: Marko

A few weeks later, I've met this Marko guy, we became closer in a matter of days. One day I heard news that he was beat up real bad and was too scared to come back home due to death threats he recieved from my own people. I suggested we meet and talk about it, so we did. He told me why he got beat up and also told me that he was locked up only a couple of days ago. While he was locked up, he had met Sureno inmates and was asked where he's from, Jamestown... but he also told them that he isn't welcome anymore after the lethal beating he took. They gave him a name and suggested he meets that name in Chamberlain when he gets out.

I still didn't let go of Brycen's death, he was my best friend. Me and Marko met in the same spot every night. He did go to Chamberlain after he was out apparently. I convinced him to sneak info out and snake on them and in return I'd fix the issues he got with the block.

VFzQ4TX.png

L1VO3QY.png

Chapter 17: Revenge Hit

Marko got closer to two teenagers from Chamberlain, back then I had no idea who they were before he told me a few things about them, apparently they had sold him work and they knew more than they should about the life. The gang that resided in Chamberlain back then was the Tortilla Flats, they were involved in the attack that got Brycen killed. 

I received a text saying that Marko and the two teens are going to kick it and hit some ramps in a skatepark, the only people I trusted with this whole situation were Selena and Preacher, obviously I'm not gonna take my crazy aunt for a revenge hit so Preacher was the only choice.

Preacher is the type of dude that goes to church then hits a petty lick in the alley behind it right after he gets out, me and him were tight so I wasn't worried. I was VERY nervous, though, it felt like I was about to do something that I haven't really grown enough balls for yet, but it all went smooth in the end, may God forgive us.

((Shoutout @ch0lo for the character artwork again))

Edited by Centi
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Book VI: Euphoria

oaxEm7p.png

I couldn't think of an easier way.

Chapter 18: H.O.P.E.

Drug use was always a fairly normal part of growing up around the hood, some people do it to fit in, some do it to socialize and some do it to experiment. I did it to escape reality, I don't know, can you blame me?

I7nBVvw.png

6n0en5f.png

p0u1wPJ.png

Chapter 19: Stay OUT of her LANE!

One thing I would take over killing my mind with drugs is hanging out with a homegirl from the block, Mayra. I don't know how to explain it, she just gets me, you know? But... of all the girls my dumbass could've fell for, I ended up liking the sister of a mentally ill hypocrite and the president of the fucking Vagos MC.

m1CXFUi.png

VYwr37u.png

Pvtnqda.png

GTjMbnY.png

EOjZwYK.png

CrpYMlJ.png

JjPKT1i.png

Chapter 20: Justified

I don't blame him, though. I get where he's coming from. I know me, he knows me, and I haven't exactly been up to any good lately.

i8Gi2TA.png

Hitting petty licks...
Busting into cribs...

slbZQJp.png

4McY4KC.png

Getting myself involved in all kinds of shit...

qpoGyVl.png

CUwlInz.png

So who are we kidding? Of course I'm gonna be bad influence.

Edited by Centi
  • Upvote 2
  • Banks locked this topic