Roleplaying the CoronaVirus situation from your character POV.

So, despite the OOC decision to make sure that there are no active cases in Los Santos, that should NOT affect the current US/Global situation. I am wondering how many of you are roleplaying their characters to follow the news, be aware, and take self-security measures. If so, what are they? Personally I am avoiding nightclubs, bars, and especially the ones who have Chinese/Korean/Italian backgrounds until the situation is solved. 

6 minutes ago, Jak said:

just carrying on because its pointless

Pointless? I find it quite sane and realistic to avoid crowded places while there's an epidemic in your nation, and also avoid people who potentially have a travelling history to countries with a big spread of the disease. Always, unless you are roleplaying an ignorant or careless character.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

If you don't have enough of covid-19 stuff, then go outside and leave game in peace. 

Have your ever before roleplayed any illnesses?  

It's cool to bring some ooc info for small purposes, for chat, character background, but it should not affect your gameplay generally.

2 minutes ago, Robis[LV] said:

If you don't have enough of covid-19 stuff, then go outside and leave game in peace. 

Have your ever before roleplayed any illnesses?  

It's cool to bring some ooc info for small purposes, for chat, character background, but it should not affect your gameplay generally.

Indeed I have. In February I RP-ed a tooth infection.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

Pointless? I find it quite sane and realistic to avoid crowded places while there's an epidemic in your nation, and also avoid people who potentially have a travelling history to countries with a big spread of the disease. Always, unless you are roleplaying an ignorant or careless character.

I mean its pointless to roleplay it as there is a clear stance put in place by the admins that we won't be roleplaying the effects of it or the virus itself, either everyone has to roleplay it or no one does.

Hmmmm, should get their attention to make it an official rule then and announce it via some IG notification too, because a lot of people never look at forums. Thanks for informing me guys, hopefully the administration team can come with a clear instruction and announcement if we can at least roleplay concern/fear and cautions, or we can't RP the existence world-wide of the Virus in words.

At least me personally, have been avoiding crowded places and Korean/Italian businesses IG until the time that we speak, to roleplay fear as I had no idea of the OOC discussions going on forums.

Edited by Daquan Kingston
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I'm don't do any of the things above, and I live in the most "contaminated" city in Sweden. I don't care for the simple reason that it's got a 0.2% mortality risk for my age range. I am more afraid of getting hit by a car than I am of the Covid-19 virus. I don't consider myself careless or ignorant, but that's not something I can judge myself. Forcing people to roleplay a fear that YOU and others have is not how you should treat anything, a lot of people aren't afraid, most people I know agree that it's blown out of proportion.

2 minutes ago, Lmao said:

I'm don't do any of the things above, and I live in the most "contaminated" city in Sweden. I don't care for the simple reason that it's got a 0.2% mortality risk for my age range. I am more afraid of getting hit by a car than I am of the Covid-19 virus. I don't consider myself careless or ignorant, but that's not something I can judge myself. Forcing people to roleplay a fear that YOU and others have is not how you should treat anything, a lot of people aren't afraid, most people I know agree that it's blown out of proportion.

It is a completely personal choice based on your character's persona. I will have to say however that you should know that this is beyond our own selves, as we can contaminate people with a weaker immune system so I would advise you OOCly to be a little bit more altruistic and responsible.

• Applaud 1
  • Cara locked this topic