Best way to make money?

LilMere

1 hour ago, icarusfeather said:

how do I start a business when I have no money

dont say with rp comes money, not always true 

Your goal when joining an rp server shouldn't be to amass a large amount of money and open a business for money. You're playing a character, not your ooc desires in the form of a "character". 

On 3/9/2020 at 9:31 PM, eTaylor said:

Sell guns

100% this, the prices on guns currently is the highest I have ever seen them.

But in a more serious note:

Getting a job in store gets your 4k an hour for RP and whatever extra your boss pays you.

7 hours ago, Torlo said:

Your goal when joining an rp server shouldn't be to amass a large amount of money and open a business for money. You're playing a character, not your ooc desires in the form of a "character". 

Why don't I deserve to be able to start a business because I don't have 1 million in cash? I don't want to start a business for money, I want to facilitate roleplay. I know many people who have started businesses and made peanuts, purely for roleplay. 

It's unfounded for you to say starting a business is my ooc desire. Not looking to make a script shop that I can leave open 24/7 for people to buy shit with a menu. 

(I get this figure of 1 mill because that's the median price people have told me they spent getting their businesses)

Edited by icarusfeather
42 minutes ago, icarusfeather said:

Why don't I deserve to be able to start a business because I don't have 1 million in cash? I don't want to start a business for money, I want to facilitate roleplay. I know many people who have started businesses and made peanuts, purely for roleplay. 

It's unfounded for you to say starting a business is my ooc desire. Not looking to make a script shop that I can leave open 24/7 for people to buy shit with a menu. 

(I get this figure of 1 mill because that's the median price people have told me they spent getting their businesses)

You work your way up to the business IC, that's called character development, friend.

There are also parties giving out loans etc. 

People are looking at this the wrong way. It's all about money. Money is important. It's realistic to long for money, for it to be your main objective and concern. That's literally real life. Money. There's nothing wrong with wanting more and more, from a realistic point of view, that's how it is in real life - unfortunately.

Everyone confuses that. It's about the character development AND money. The most important thing is character development. As long as that is present, wanting money is perfectly fine. If anything, having a strong desire to have a poor character is where the lack of realism kicks in. If you want your character to be homeless, that's perfectly fine, but when you start doing things in order for your character to remain poor, that's not.

Money is the center of it all. Both in real life and in game. Focus on character development, but don't think that also going for the money does not make you a good RPer. Put effort in your character, put detail in your roleplay, keep it realistic and do whatever you want.

There's ways to start businesses without money, if that's what you want to do. Interior & graphic design, delivery services (not the job) and food delivery, a newspaper or news channel, marketing agency, selling various goods (not within a store). Get creative, there's literally infinite posibilities. Some of them require a lot of money, others require little money.

Don't go for the scripted jobs because those will take all of the fun out of the game. Don't be a trucker, mechanic, fisher or whatever else is out there just for the money because you'll get bored of it. Don't make a character and join a faction just to deal drugs or guns. Trust me, it's fun to have a 10 car garage but it gets boring. Just have fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
9 hours ago, icarusfeather said:

how do I start a business when I have no money

dont say with rp comes money, not always true 

The same way people do in real life, take out a loan. There's at least three different investing companies on the server and the government has loans and grants.

I started Denov with 100k and I did RP I always get chances to make money since then, Simply JUST RP, money won't come from no where, it's called opportunities, as real life. You work, you make connections, you learn and then opportunities come, if you aren't ready you won't get it.

• Bash locked and unlocked this topic
  • Bash locked this topic