As a new player , y’all super friendly and helpful so thank you

Yetteh

I’m a new player only played 5-6 hours and I’ve had a super positive experience on the server , everyone has role played super well and any questions or queries I’ve had everyone has been super kind and answered my questions and queries , so just wanted to say thank you ?

my only problem as a new player which I’m sure will be resolved in time, is when you start without a car and there is no taxi drivers online walking everywhere is super annoying, it would be cool if new players would start with a really terrible starter car to avoid this perhaps 

• Upvote 2

It's great to hear! I'm glad you're enjoying your stay here ? 

"my only problem as a new player which I’m sure will be resolved in time, is when you start without a car and there is no taxi drivers online walking everywhere is super annoying, it would be cool if new players would start with a really terrible starter car to avoid this perhaps " : There is a car rental service at the airport, did you miss it? How do you suggest we could improve the visibility of the system?

Edited by Nervous

Fortunately you can buy vehicles with the starter paychecks pretty quickly! But it would be nice to have a few more vehicle rentals dotted around the map as currently there's only two in the city I think? 

Here's a Vehicle Dealership guide so you can see the costs of cars and bikes - it'll make your life easier finding a cheap vehicle and then saving those paychecks up for something nicer ? 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, ashlyii said:

Fortunately you can buy vehicles with the starter paychecks pretty quickly!

This is true, just cruise around on a bicycle so you can get right to exploring and rping, get your character sculpted and get some good outfits, and in a little while you'll have enough money from starter paychecks to get a cheap car or motorcycle from one of the dealers marked on the map.  Go to them all to get a feel for the interface.  Give the pictures time to load.  Then when you've seen everything that's available, pick a car that suits your character concept and your budget.

If you're having trouble with outfits, send me a pm and I'll try to meet you in game.

10 hours ago, Nervous said:

It's great to hear! I'm glad you're enjoying your stay here ? 

"my only problem as a new player which I’m sure will be resolved in time, is when you start without a car and there is no taxi drivers online walking everywhere is super annoying, it would be cool if new players would start with a really terrible starter car to avoid this perhaps " : There is a car rental service at the airport, did you miss it? How do you suggest we could improve the visibility of the system?

Ah, I had no idea about the car rental place. Completely missed it, does it mention it when you first spawn? Perhaps I missed that.

It would be a neat idea if you added an optional basic tutorial in game, but I know its a lot of work. I think one of the things im struggling with is that the commands can be hard to remember, but the ingame help is great to help out.

As a new player, I felt quite lost and read a lot of guide still felt lost, thanks to @Powley for helping me out with questions.

Edited by Yetteh
1 minute ago, jcat said:

Car rentals are relatively expensive, especially when you're starting out.  That's why I mentioned bicycles.  As a new player you'll want to save your new player payments for what you really want.  

Hmm, yep.
I think as a new players, the fact that I have to grind or wait a little bit to get enough money to be in a state where I can role play my character is a bit frustrating, though I completely get it.

I've had 2 characters as the first one got deported, lol so I did have to start the grind again, but a lot of my gametime today 4 hours has been just grinding taxi jobs to try and get enough money so I can start to RP my characters back story more. (As he has a bit of money). 

Be neat if there was a way for trusted players to submit an application to have more money due to their back story, it could create more interesting scenarios, though I think its easily abusable so I get it.

The issue I have is a full time job, so its difficult to put in 10 solid hours to get all the money, I'd love it if I could just get straight into RPing who I want, without having to grind / wait a while. But its cool, I'll get there.

• Upvote 1