No more retarded number plates

Zayyy

Short description: Cringe and unrealistic number plates shouldn't be allowed.

Detailed description:  would make the server feel more 'realistic'

Commands to add: n/a

Items to add:  n/a

How would your suggestion improve the server?  It would add more realistic feel

Additional information: everyone is like be "Realistic" to stay in server standards but when this type of shit comes, how it would make the server "realistic" environment? Might be salty for some people, but it's really the truth. 

Number plates like : "2FAST4U" "W3ED" "L3SBIAN" and other cringe/unrealistic stuff should be against the rules.

I've seen plenty of plates like "2FAST4U" and similar cheeky ones in real life. Some might be cringe, but it's completely realistic and people frequently get around programmed filters on obscene words by swapping numbers & symbols in.

Real people, real cars, real bad jokes. People get away with all kinds of "unrealistic" things until someone at the DMV is bothered enough, and then they just pick something else that's just as bad. It only costs a little extra money in real life and is instantly approved by the DMV site, and on GTAW it's limited to a donator feature. Where's the problem?

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

6 minutes ago, Havana said:

I've seen plenty of plates like "2FAST4U" and similar cheeky ones in real life. Some might be cringe, but it's completely realistic and people frequently get around programmed filters on obscene words by swapping numbers & symbols in.

Real people, real cars, real bad jokes. People get away with all kinds of "unrealistic" things until someone at the DMV is bothered enough, and then they just pick something else that's just as bad. It only costs a little extra money in real life and is instantly approved by the DMV site, and on GTAW it's limited to a donator feature. Where's the problem?

You're bringing IRL DMV to IG. Ingame, no one really operates the DMV. Personalized numberplates are okay, i'm not against them. But number plates like "LESBIAN" and stuff like that? No, that's pretty unrealistic. No DMV would approve that irl.

Edited by Zayyy
Just now, Zayyy said:

You're bringing IRL DMV to IG. Ingame, no one really operates the DMV.

And you're saying realistic plates are unrealistic.

Sure, an admin could make someone change an obscene license plate but all the person has to do is swap out a few numbers or symbols, and now it's reasonable to keep. Seems unnecessary?

Just now, Havana said:

And you're saying realistic plates are unrealistic.

Sure, an admin could make someone change an obscene license plate but all the person has to do is swap out a few numbers or symbols, and now it's reasonable to keep. Seems unnecessary?

There has to be a limit with personalized plates, no?

Unimportant. Literally never seen any plates like 2fast4u or lesbian in the server and I primarily RP around the car scene lol. Wouldn't have a problem with it if I did, I'd probably just roast them ICly for having the plate because it is cringe. Just like I get lol'd at for having 2LOW4AHO on one of my cars. There's not enough plates like that that are actually unrealistic for this to be a big enough issue to do something about it. What warrants unrealistic in your eyes? People have retarded asf plates irl too. Sure lesbian might not be approved (altho it probably would, dmv doesnt really give a fuck, ive seen some highly retarded ass plates irl). Gag plates are a pretty common thing. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them unrealistic/necessary to punish people over.

Literally no reason for this to be a thing so I'd have to say yeaaah no. There's FAR more important issues with realism than something as mediocre as a fuckin license plate lmfao, worry about the other issues first. Complaining about realism to begin with on this server is laughable, hardly anything is realistic. People got 4 digit phone numbers and cars you can find for 2 grand irl are 90 thousand dollars. IG is like pitch black through like 60% of the peak time. Insurance prices are out the wazoo (8250 for a 55K futo. 18K for a Kuruma, 9K for a base model Sultan, like bruh). People make adverts in America for British sports (lol what). Characters have the personality traits of 13 year old trolls in a pewdiepie comment section. Everybody comments ICly how characters don't look like their pictures even while knowing that the faces don't even actually sync from player to player perfectly so they'll /always/ look off - and they don't get punished for it. Like. License plates are what you're worried about? LOL. Trying to get something disallowed because it's cringe in your mind. Basically what you're saying with this. It's like me saying I want someone jailed "because their character ate pineapple on pizza with a fork and that's cringe and unrealistic to me bro."

https://www.hotcars.com/20-license-plates-you-wont-believe-got-past-the-dmv-screeners/ some of these are FAR worse than lesbian, and they exist lol.

Just no. The only limit in plates should be racial slurs cause I'm like 99.9% sure that's the only real type of shit they actually don't allow.

The only thing I could see being legitimately put in place, is regulated formats to license plates. LLL111, 3 letters 3 numbers. But have fun complaining over LOL420 type shit or LUV666, GAY247, SUC365, there's countless things. It's literally pointless because there's always a loophole.

Edited by ?????????
  • Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, ????????? said:

Everybody comments ICly how characters don't look like their pictures even while knowing that the faces don't even actually sync from player to player perfectly so they'll /always/ look of

It's those people using custom face mod just to get likes on fb.

Little by little, a little becomes a lot. 

There's a few unrealistic num plates only. But after some time, it might change?

There should be a rule on how number plates should work.

Edited by Zayyy
4 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

It's those people using custom face mod just to get likes on fb.

Little by little, a little becomes a lot. 

There's a few unrealistic num plates only. But after a time, it might change?

There should be a rule on how number plates should work.

There's like only a couple people that actually use a custom face mod lol. A couple others that edit in post to fix the shit textures so it looks better. (which a LOT of people irl do) Most aren't. If you zoom in and actually take good pictures it makes the face look 100 times better, the face mods are shit and make things look drastically different. Sky, & Wolfe are two that come to mind. You can't zoom in on gtaw during normal gameplay unless you use /camera (which will have the same effects as menyoo style pics if done right, without the angles etc so its less intuitive). The people commenting on it are hardly ever commenting on it in a harmless manner related to small edits to make skin look nicer, and almost always on the fact that even if your face is 100% identical  to you, it isn't to them. Convo for a different topic however cause I can spew out pages of explanation for this shit cause I have way too much time on my hands LOL.

Still stand by what I said though. License plates are hardly an issue, no where near worth putting any effort into when the server literally crashes 40 times a day as it is.

Edited by ?????????