Listing timeskips as powergaming

Akaya

Basically what the title says.

People who so timeskips basically force their RP onto others without giving them a chance other than just accepting that the timeskipper is, for example, older.

Example 1: Character A (Age 18) says they're going to study in a different state, which would take roughly 3 years.

Character A leaves and comes back after a few iRL weeks, claiming that 3 years have passed. Everyone they have ever interacted with are forced into either accepting that it's 2023 for character A now, or to age their characters too. If they do neither... Then three years haven't passed.

Another example from the server would be that a character has simply timeskipped 9 months of pregnancy in a few weeks. Everyone she has ever interacted with only saw that she's pregnant... And suddenly has a child a few weeks later.

This is just stupid and should be forbidden.

Edit: For the sake of roleplay it could be regulated by allowing a reasonable timeskip of a maximum length of 2 weeks to a month. (Injuries etc)

Edited by Asthaerya
  • Upvote 1

I see where you're coming from, but simply put it cannot happen. People develop their characters how they see fit and it's a gray zone that has always existed, and always will. Nobody wants to sit to wait 5 years to play the game to develop their character.

Keep in mind people do other shit IRL and cannot focus to develop everything 1:1 with IRL. It's a game after all, people play it for a few hours before or after school/work. It's not real life.

Edited by zaXer.
1 minute ago, zaXer. said:

I see where you're coming from, but simply put it cannot happen. People develop their characters how they see fit

Uh no, it very much can happen. This is supposedly a Heavy RP server, so we expect people to act realistic. If they want to have a 24 year old character they can make a new one or namechange.

• Upvote 1
Just now, pateuvasiliu said:

Uh no, it very much can happen. This is supposedly a Heavy RP server, so we expect people to act realistic. If they want to have a 24 year old character they can make a new one or namechange.

This.

I support this. Doesn’t make sense if time goes faster for one character then for the other one. As said before me, this is an heavy roleplay server. Everything should be kept realistic, with maybe exception of prison as I assume no one would be happy waiting 2 years to get his character released. 

Ofcourse, it’s annoying but I don’t think it should be forbidden either. Like zaXer said people have real life and won’t sit there waiting for 5 years to age their character from 16 to 21. What can be done instead is the time skipper be responsible to inform people he RPs with that they’re going to skip time and if they agree they should also roleplay the skipped time, if not they simply won’t and can roleplay normally as they do and forget about the existence of this character OR roleplay they knew the character from an older age, e.g I am 21 and decide to skip 3 years, you can RP that you knew me from the age of 24.

Like you say, this is a heavy roleplay server and everyone should have the chance to develop their character instead of being stuck at the age of 21 for example just because there’s a rule restricting them to get older and instead forcing them to start a new character just to be stuck with it too.

This simply cannot be enforced the way you want because people that go to prison for murder for example don’t spend 24 hours in prison and go out fresh either. It will mess with a lot more RP than yours this way.

Edited by Infinity

To be honest if you murder someone you should be aware of the fact that your character could end up in prison forever. This would also get some people to look for other solutions rather than shooting someone over nothing as it is all too common on this server.

Edited by Asthaerya

Timeskips are present in quite a few places - this would mean everyone that goes into hospital would be forced to log off for days, weeks while they recover and would only increase people's play to win because they don't wanna get fucked and spend a week off their character.

You should stop trying to mess into other's roleplay, there's already tons of restrictions, tag along with your roleplay and mind your own, stop looking into others stuff that dont mess with you at all. People can develop their characters as they wish, I personally dont age through because I dont do young characters, so it doesnt really bother me, but we should stop giving everyone a hard time about everything, things like this ruin the fun. If this gets accepted, then hospital time, prison etc should all be put into full years, so you can have fun sitting in jail for 12 years for evading the police. If GTAW still exists by the time your prison runs out, we could roleplay!

• Upvote 3