Listing timeskips as powergaming

Akaya

Thanks for that very unconstructive feedback. It does mess with my roleplay though for the reasons I have mentioned. This server has a focus on heavy RP. If you manage to get your character locked up for years... Tough luck

Just now, Asthaerya said:

Thanks for that very unconstructive feedback. It does mess with my roleplay though for the reasons I have mentioned. This server has a focus on heavy RP. If you manage to get your character locked up for years... Tough luck

How is someone saying they've been studying for the past few years while on an OOC absence from the server detrimental to your roleplay exactly?

7 minutes ago, Anselmi said:

How is someone saying they've been studying for the past few years while on an OOC absence from the server detrimental to your roleplay exactly?

If this person has roleplayed with my character my character would know them as... For example a 18 years old person. Suddenly they're 21 after a week. Which I am forced to accept even if it makes no sense at all.

Or someone spent 10 years in prison.

My character knew them before prison and still knows them after prison. While their character has suddenly aged by 10 years, mine hasn't. What if they got to know each other by going to the same school? It just ruins roleplay and creates unrealistic situations that others are forced to accept.

Edit: I'll once again mention the heavy RP aspect. If time travelling is allowed, we could also just allow supernatural characters if all characters around that person agree.

Edited by Asthaerya
Just now, Anselmi said:

And what exactly is the alternative? Do you expect your friend who goes to prison for "10 years" to actually be there for 10 years?

Yes. If you manage to get your character locked up for ten years.. tough luck. Should've been more careful, tried a different approach, etc. It's completely unrealistic how murderers etc get out after a few weeks. If you want to kill someone ICly you should face the consequences, because it's realistic. And no it would not kill roleplay, but actually create it as people would try different approaches rather than just shooting someone over something stupid just because the consequences aren't that bad.

Yes. If you manage to get your character locked up for ten years.. tough luck. Should've been more careful, tried a different approach, etc. It's completely unrealistic how murderers etc get out after a few weeks. If you want to kill someone ICly you should face the consequences, because it's realistic. And no it would not kill roleplay, but actually create it as people would try different approaches rather than just shooting someone over something stupid just because the consequences aren't that bad.

I see you've never had an illegal criminal character, so please just keep your opinion to yourself and move on with life and keep roleplaying.

7 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

I see you've never had an illegal criminal character, so please just keep your opinion to yourself and move on with life and keep roleplaying.

I did and still do. Please restrain from throwing assumptions and stop commenting if you have nothing productive to say, thanks.

Edit: And I would be ready to face these consequences. It should be clear that if you play a criminal chances are that you could get locked up for a long time or CK'd.

Edited by Asthaerya
34 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

You should stop trying to mess into other's roleplay, there's already tons of restrictions, tag along with your roleplay and mind your own, stop looking into others stuff that dont mess with you at all. People can develop their characters as they wish, I personally dont age through because I dont do young characters, so it doesnt really bother me, but we should stop giving everyone a hard time about everything, things like this ruin the fun. If this gets accepted, then hospital time, prison etc should all be put into full years, so you can have fun sitting in jail for 12 years for evading the police. If GTAW still exists by the time your prison runs out, we could roleplay!

Yeah, that's not going to happen. At the end of the day, this is a game that caters to the needs of everybody who's roleplaying on the server - not just yours. You can't honestly expect the people that are roleplaying as criminals to spend ridiculous amount of time behind bars. Same goes for people who are critically injured - you can't expect them to spend what could potentially be months of rehabilitation sitting around in the hospital. Yes, we're trying to be as realistic as possible - but we can't be exactly 1:1 with real life. It simply isn't possible.

We aren't going to be putting arbitrary restrictions on people that prevent them from aging their characters up within reason. For example, if someone goes to jail for a felony that would realistically be a multiple year sentence, then they're welcome to age their character up as necessary; that would be the sensible thing to do. The other examples you gave, I can't see how they're detrimental to your roleplay. 

If someone has abruptly aged their character up for no logical reason, then you're welcome to submit a report to Player Management - who will look into it and take necessary action. 

• Upvote 1