What is proper rich/wealthy roleplay?

Busch

Hello I’m very intrigued and would love to know how would someone roleplay rich/wealthy. I have developed a character along with my real life brother Harvey Busch and yet we have been told we have been role playing corporations and a lifestyle that’s not suitable and realistic. 

what is expected and how should it be properly executed? 

Edited by Chuck Lee

Its hard to give you recommendations on this without knowing exactly what was declared unrealistic.

If you want to rp a rich person, first make your character rich in game. 

Then decide how being rich would affect him.  does he want to show off now that he has made it?  does he want to throw big parties at a big house?  is he unsatisfied with being rich and now wants power, so he gets involved with government?  does he want fame so he starts sponsoring businesses and events?  wealth lets someone be who he really is, so rp your character like he really is inside.  is he an ass that just wants hookers and blow, or does he give to the poor and start a charity?

Consider these questions about your character then rp it out.

Well our characters started off convincing people to work for us. Our first company BMG which we saw as a big investment opportunity. The character does not brag about what he has, of course he has boats some cars and a helicopter but not something he can really show off. He can be a little irritating since the character has concentration problems like during meetings he tends to space out and look to his phone which gets him into trouble with the whole company. He’s sort of a rebel with people that work with him. But very calibrated around other people that don’t know him to show sort of a good side of him. And one thing, he likes things going his way.

• Upvote 1

Well viewpoints vary, some say the helicopter, boats, all the cars, and the corporation that backs it all. And of course a mansion which the family is not allowed to have because according to some people there’s not a single proper wealthy portrayer.

Edited by Chuck Lee

Complete and utter bullshit.

I had the luxury of growing up around people of significant wealth. I have a relative who is a VP at a fortune 500 company working in trucking and logistics sector another was the President of North America for one of the largest hotel chains in the world. 

The ONLY characters who have come anywhere close to RPing wealth correctly are the Busch brothers.

Funny that you two get denied a house in Rockford hills but there are people who have those properties IG, simply based on their relationship with Property Management. I'm sick and tired of people using the same old "Nobody will RP it correctly" excuse when (And I know this is pretty rude) a majority of you have no IDEA what people with actual wealth acts like, especially businessmen.

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

The hard part is that people view “rich” subjectively based on their own opinions and experiences.

IRL, there are rich people who like to show off their money with shiny cars, gold watches and strippers and that’s perfectly okay. There are also people who are rich and still shop at Target for their clothes. Either way it’s okay IF you have properly and realistically role played your backstory. 

I think where people get bitter is when people poof being rich out of now where with a terribly uncreative backstory and no effort towards making it decent at all. In my experience so far, the Busch brothers have been way more realistic with their backstory and progression for being rich than any other people on here. Just keep doing what you’re doing.

Edited by Giles
  • Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Chuck Lee said:

Of course they own the largest trucking company that supplies 80% of the server with goods.

So then whats the problem?  your characters are rich as determined by the servers own rules.