Realistic Events

Sia

1 hour ago, Shekh said:

And if your point is new players should be able to find events easily without going to bars/clubs but also without rping with a community like little seoul or in chamberlain, what do you even want? Like, specifically say what you expect. It seems like a simple solution to me: want easy rp/events then join a fac that literally shoves rp down ur throat.

It should not be easy for random people without friends icly to show up at events, ur suggestion seems to be that a wider variety events be advertised scriptwise, which isn’t really something that should happen.

It is a necessary addition for a specific amount of players. Just like the block parties are for you. The only difference being that those events are public and more social-friendly, people don't go to the gym to meet new friends, they go there to work out. The lack of events is what makes players resort to those places only to find new friends to interact with. It isn't unrealistic to find new friends in a gym, of course, but it isn't the reason that people register on them, they all do to keep fit and work out, not to talk through their mental issues with their personal trainers...

I made this discussion in the hopes of bringing awareness to the normal players and not to the admins since players are the ones that can host events. I expect more social-oriented activities in the server.

Here is what I would prefer seeing in the server more frequently:

20 hours ago, Sissy said:

for instance a cultural event, a paid or free cooking/art lecture, a camping trip, a group trip, even by volunteering you can meet new friends!

Please if you want, provide your own feedback and opinion on how we can bring more organised events for the server's greater good, or even if that is doable in the first place...

Of course these are only examples and there can be many more activities, hopefully you understand now...

So far I understood that I am responsible for it and can host it myself, depending on what activity I want to host. But of course there are activities that require more funds and planning, like an organised group trip at the county for example. I want to know if that is what the community is looking forward to. Apparently there are people that would find them useful. I also want to know if someone would be interested to contribute to such activities or if there can be alternative ways to promote social interaction across the server, mainly for people that want to keep a slow approach on their interactions and have no social ties, or even for the ones that do not like clubs and the like. There are many different role-players and I'm unable to know what the majority wants. So far my post has been upvoted two times within a day, it isn't that much but it shows that I'm not the only one who is under the same belief, at least. I have also received some constructive feedback on this discussion as well!

Anyway... let's try to not slide off the topic, I'm not answering to irrelevant things. 

There are tons of opportunities to meet people and tons of events hosted daily. At least 30 different businesses open per day all stocked with people from all walks of life; go and intermingle. Actual events are hosted extremely often such as the recent triathlon and other races, if you make an effort to go to these then I'm sure you'll get speaking to a few people.

You need to go out and look for these opportunities, they're not always going to be clearly advertised for you. Another option is always to be the creator of these opportunities and host events yourself.

16 minutes ago, Sissy said:

It is a necessary addition for a specific amount of players. Just like the block parties are for you. The only difference being that those events are public and more social-friendly, people don't go to the gym to meet new friends, they go there to work out. The lack of events is what makes players resort to those places only to find new friends to interact with. It isn't unrealistic to find new friends in a gym, of course, but it isn't the reason that people register on them, they all do to keep fit and work out, not to talk through their mental issues with their personal trainers...

I made this discussion in the hopes of bringing awareness to the normal players and not to the admins since players are the ones that can host events. I expect more social-oriented activities in the server.

Here is what I would prefer seeing in the server more frequently:

Of course these are only examples and there can be many more activities, hopefully you understand now...

So far I understood that I am responsible for it and can host it myself, depending on what activity I want to host. But of course there are activities that require more funds and planning, like an organised group trip at the county for example. I want to know if that is what the community is looking forward to. Apparently there are people that would find them useful. I also want to know if someone would be interested to contribute to such activities or if there can be alternative ways to promote social interaction across the server, mainly for people that want to keep a slow approach on their interactions and have no social ties, or even for the ones that do not like clubs and the like. There are many different role-players and I'm unable to know what the majority wants. So far my post has been upvoted two times within a day, it isn't that much but it shows that I'm not the only one who is under the same belief, at least. I have also received some constructive feedback on this discussion as well!

Anyway... let's try to not slide off the topic, I'm not answering to irrelevant things. 

Things like a camping trip wouldnt be advertised on /ad tho.

and something like a lecture which is educational is very specific and arbitrary, so i doubt you’ll ever see one on gta w unless u make it urself. I see ur point but it comes down to if things should all be in /ad or not for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone's roleplay experience is different. Even with over 1000 hours roleplaying on this server I have had issues starting new characters because of the same issues the original poster has said. 

Can you find roleplay if you put effort into looking or talking to randoms at bars? Absolutely.

Does more variety of non advertised roleplay happen once you've made some connections IC? Usually. 

I think the point that they are trying to make is that it's hard to "organically" develop your character without forcing interaction. 

Irl most people meet at school, work, through mutual friends and family, church etc. However when you start on the server you generally don't have those things to rely on at first so there is a lot of wandering around or going to advertised events to just find people to interact with and those things might not suit the character they have created. 

I don't think it's unreasonable for people to hope for more chances to interact outside of advertised events. However, text rp is a niche community and with the size of the map and diversity of themes people want to play it makes for a diluted community. There just aren't the thousands of players you would need to create a fully functioning city and asking the admins to provide events to appease everyone's roleplay styles on top of everything else they do is not feasible or fair. 

So, while I don't agree with the people in this thread telling the OP that they are wrong or alone in their opinion, I do agree that if you want to see a type of roleplay or change then you need to take the initiative to start something. 

There is nothing stopping someone from putting up an interest thread to try and do some of the constructive things mentioned in this thread like starting a community group or seeing if there are people who want to run something around the university etc. 

I do think that was actually part of the intent of this thread and I feel that it's a shame that people felt the need to basically tell a player that their experience is unfounded.

Sissy, if you ever want to brainstorm or try and get something along these lines going feel free to hit me up in forum PM. 

@Sissy

• Upvote 2

Government organised a few of events. I think that your character just needs more networking.
Also, talking about 'realistic' events, I'm a leader of a faction that exists for almost 7 months now. We're organising motorsport events with the Government, LSPD and LSFD. Motorsport events - not car meets. So, legal racing championships. You just need to search up more.

https://face.gta.world/rmotorsport

I think Sissy means that, the way you meet new people happens in a non-organic/natural way. A lot of people here lack the finese you usually need when you approach someone unknown to you. I personally reject anyone who comes straight forward to me, as I see that as weak RP, therefore I don't want to rp with such people. People rarely RP shy, or lacking social skills. Everyone is a social machine who can jump into conversation like it's nothing, when actually in real life, you would get dismissed, slapped, called pervert, etc. Now you may say this is a game, and we rp what we want, and anyone can RP what he wants, but I've had so many cases where people don't want to RP with me again, because I did not accept to have sex ICly after spending 1 hour with them. That might be a gray area to punish such thing, but to me that is mixing. 

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 1

I agree with the last statements from the users above me purely because I’ve been in that situation of forming natural relationships over inserting myself into social interactions.

Even though people have picked up and thrown other’s 2 cents here, this thread has helped me understand a bit more on how to merge the two approaches. 

Anyhow, if you are that person which the thread targets, @pixel puts it nicely.