Realistic Events

Sia

You said it’s for gangs but so what. 

Most facs have communities built around them. I am in an “illegal” fac but majority of the members don’t even know about any of the illegal activities. So saying people cannot access bbq’s/house parties because they’re ran by factions make no sense.

Majority of people hosting events don’t want randoms to come. /ad usually attracts mallrats. I do not want dudes in supercars at my house party/bbq.

You say it’s not for you, but nobody has replied agreeing with you, so what’s the problem

1 hour ago, Sissy said:

The above events that you have participated in do not represent the legal/civilian rpers, but the ones roleplaying in gangs. The BBQ event however is surely something that should be more encouraged and frequent.

Lmao what? 

1 hour ago, Sissy said:

The above events that you have participated in do not represent the legal/civilian rpers, but the ones roleplaying in gangs. The BBQ event however is surely something that should be more encouraged and frequent.

I’m sorry, what? House parties are for gangs? Charity events? Street races? There have been plenty of public car meets and house parties meant for anyone to show up. Pretty much everything mentioned in that quote are open to anyone. Not sure how you associate all that with just gangs. This might be your issue lol.

Edited by Giles

Apparently some people noticed that I made a mistake before by calling one's events to be only representing illegal roleplayers because I only paid attention at a certain few of them, and everyone seems to be sticking to this one phrase of mine which is completely off topic as to what I'm trying to bring up. Some of them indeed represent illegal roleplayers and some of them don't. OK. I went to a charity event myself and I'm not even roleplaying illegal. Of course house parties are for everyone and so are the speeches and protests (that is to say, I have never seen speeches and protests take place on the server, ever). But it is still a fact that all the provided events of yours are things that take place after you find people to interact with, and it is not easy for newcomers, civilian/legal RPers to find people to interact with in the first place, thus why I brought up the social-oriented events.

Please try not to sway off the topic and not stick to a sole mistake of mine that I did by accident.

Edited by Sissy
10 minutes ago, Sissy said:

But it is still a fact that all the provided events of yours are things that take place after you find people to interact with, and it is not easy for newcomers, civilian/legal RPers to find people to interact with in the first place, thus why I brought up the social-oriented events.

Respectfully, I believe you are wrong. Every one of those events, I have been to on my character without previously knowing anyone. It’s not hard. That’s how you meet people. Everyone I know now, I met at places where I had no interaction with them previously. Just have to get out there and talk to people. If you are in the company of other civilian/legal RP’ers, you will find people who will interact with you because they are looking for the same thing, whether they are with people or not. 

Edited by Giles

Differently from these people who are already established, when I look back at my character's early phases, I did suffer A LOT from the lack of hot-spots to bump onto people and interact/conversate and build any type of social ties. I think that something of that kind would benefit a lot the new characters/players, and also create an opportunity for people to link together, be it a park, beach, whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

This thread is just a bunch of fancy words saying nothing.

It is on you to find RP or make RP on the server, just because you seem to dislike every single type of social event provided by other players doesn't not mean the server has an issue, it means you have a issue.

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 3
25 minutes ago, Sissy said:

Apparently some people noticed that I made a mistake before by calling one's events to be only representing illegal roleplayers because I only paid attention at a certain few of them, and everyone seems to be sticking to this one phrase of mine which is completely off topic as to what I'm trying to bring up. Some of them indeed represent illegal roleplayers and some of them don't. OK. I went to a charity event myself and I'm not even roleplaying illegal. Of course house parties are for everyone and so are the speeches and protests (that is to say, I have never seen speeches and protests take place on the server, ever). But it is still a fact that all the provided events of yours are things that take place after you find people to interact with, and it is not easy for newcomers, civilian/legal RPers to find people to interact with in the first place, thus why I brought up the social-oriented events.

Please try not to sway off the topic and not stick to a sole mistake of mine that I did by accident.

So you didn’t see the two legion park speeches last month, or the literal riot outside gruppe six headquarters?

And if your point is new players should be able to find events easily without going to bars/clubs but also without rping with a community like little seoul or in chamberlain, what do you even want? Like, specifically say what you expect. It seems like a simple solution to me: want easy rp/events then join a fac that literally shoves rp down ur throat.

It should not be easy for random people without friends icly to show up at events, ur suggestion seems to be that a wider variety events be advertised scriptwise, which isn’t really something that should happen.

2 hours ago, Sissy said:

Thank you all for the answers that you have provided so far!

I have to clarify that this is not for my character's benefit as I have already solved that problem for myself. It is an addition, if not a requirement, for all the other civilian RPers on the server, and especially the ones that want to take a slow and realistic approach on things. As you know the server's vast majority consists of civilian RPers, some of them being more 'realistic' characters and others simply messing around. 

Common sense. 1) My character development. 2) My excessively low funds.

I wouldn't mind creating a new character to be the one to host said events, but I will need to go through business applications, and of course I need the appropriate funds and people. I'm not too familiar with this whole process and I'll need more experienced players to help me out.

I already did, this isn't "my IC problem" as many have mentioned above. As I previously mentioned, "It isn't only for my own benefit as I have been playing for quite a while, it's for everyone that desires to keep a realistic and slow approach when making new friends and doing things, and doesn't want to rp getting drunk and laid in their first day in the server." 

In other words, it is an addition that should be there as we all know that said events are more social-oriented and are a must for big cities like Los Santos/Los Angeles.

I'm sorry but unfortunately, it is very unlikely to find new friends in bakeries and restaurants in reality. People go there with their friends or alone to eat and have a chat with their friends, or simply to buy sweets and so fourth. Those places are mostly useful ONCE you already have some people to RP with, unless your character is very sociable and likes meeting people everywhere he/she goes. Facebrowser is a useful platform, but the community is way too toxic and dull taking into account that they could comment on anybody's post/picture without even knowing the person they're commenting to. Of course I'm referring to a portion of the community and not everyone that has an account there!

Civilians host house parties, sports games, protests, charities, and speeches. The only exception would be street races on that list.

EDIT: I read the recent post. Ignore this one.

Edited by DLimit