Realistic Events

Sia

Hi, apparently there have been many discussions that have to do with the server's lack of organised-realistic events and it didn't take much for me to notice. I would like to point out some facts that most people have noticed before I move on with the topic.

Everyday there are the following events/openings that take place on this server: 1) Mechanic garages/shops openings or simply self-reliant mechanics offering their services 2) Coffee shops and restaurants that work for the favour of mafia organisations or simply a VERY specific group of people 3) Sometimes bars, pubs and lounges 4) Gyms (usually Vespucci Sports) 5) And lately, medical clinics.

At night, I usually see the following events/openings take place: 1) Same as above, usually without the Gyms. 2) Nightclubs and lounges. 3) Car events(?) and things along those lines that focus on a very certain group of civilians. 

So... what I don't understand here is, how are some characters going to interact with each other with the above events being the only particular things that are taking place almost daily? The most common outcome of this obvious lack of server events are characters (usually the ones that AVOID bars and nightclubs like mine) resorting to gyms only to find other characters to interact with. It is a known fact that Vespucci Sports has turned into a social hub according to many and that is unfortunately the server's fault as a whole and not the individual's fault, since there are no certain activities taking place in the server that could attract people that are not interested in clubs and such.

The most usual way to find friends and meet people on this server is by going to nightclubs or by going to the gym, unless you want to take a more unrealistic approach to it. Unfortunately this isn't very usual in reality and we all know it... it is more common for example to find new friends in school, in a lecture, at your job or in an organised activity that you choose to take part in. An organised activity is for instance a cultural event, a paid or free cooking/art lecture, a camping trip, a group trip, even by volunteering you can meet new friends! Even the charity event yesterday did its own fair share. We all know there are more things in big cities to do than visiting bars and nightclubs crowded with four different groups of people, bikers, mafia leaders, social media "influencers" and in some rare cases government workers. I would like to see more social-oriented activities on the server and I'm pretty sure many others are under the same belief, especially the newer members. 

This is more of a discussion for now, and is something that will be helpful for newer members and newer characters as well. It isn't only for my own benefit as I have been playing for quite a while, it's for everyone that desires to keep a realistic and slow approach when making new friends and doing things, and doesn't want to rp getting drunk and laid in their first day in the server. Please if you want, provide your own feedback and opinion on how we can bring more organised events for the server's greater good, or even if that is doable in the first place...

• Upvote 3

This seems like an IC problem for you. If your only way to be invited to events is through ads. 

I have parcitipated in 7v7 basketball games, block parties with 20+ people, bbq’s, car meets, protests, speeches, charity events, street races, house parties, ect.

Check the little seoul thread in screenshot gallery to see a party that happened in the park today. 

Nothing admins or server management can do about lack of events. There is no lack of events imo, you’re most likely just rping with a boring group of people or lack the ic connections to be invited. Most people refrain from advertising events openly so the entire server doesn’t show up.

Edited by Shekh

Given the above responses, maybe your character just needs to network more IC'ly? I've honestly never heard anyone complain about not having enough going on in the city/county to meet someone if I'm being honest with you. 

I've seen a variety of pop ups that accomplish a lot of what you've mentioned too, they give a route to meet new people, etc— so I'm not sure if it's an OOC issue w/ not having enough IC events, or maybe your character just needs to get to know more people so you're invited?

I could be wrong though.

Sounds to me like u needa join a faction tbh. Many factions are communities and don’t force you to do illegal activities, but you can easily meet others icly through them.

obviously if u just go around to advertised places with no goal then you’ll get bored. 

You are in charge of your own RP, if you want to see something happen YOU need to make it happen.

A few months ago while RPing as a Vespucci beach skinhead I wanted to see more people RPing in and around the beach. So I put out a /bad promoting the Vespucci Beach Recreational Area, I got quite a few people to turn out and it was a lot of fun even if you never directly interacted with other people on the beach.

I feel your pain about the bars though, I myself hate RPing in interiors as I think it stops a lot of random people from stumbling into your RP.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Lmao said:

factions are a great start

Very true.

But, finding a faction that's a good long term fit isn't so easy when somebody's character doesn't fit into the usual popular concepts.

There's also the issue with timezones.  Usually when I can play there's only about 80 people on.  Divide that into the usual factions and the indoor rpers, and there's just not too much going on that I can jump into.

Like other posters have said, most events aren't publicly advertised, and there are good reasons for that.  The whole server showing up is one, and the whole server shooting it up is another.  

So, for players who aren't in a faction, who don't have a lot of IC connections, and who put a high priority on keeping things consistently in character regarding who their characters would hang out with, it's not so easy.

Facebrowser was good for its interest groups, so what about a interest group section here on the forums?  It could be in the IC > Internet section, and call it Los Santos Meetups or something.  There people could post IC activity/interest group related threads about whatever they're interested in, like bicycling, music outside in the park, or whatever they want to do, without those posts getting drowned in unrelated posts in the online news & blogs section.  People responding to those ideas (or not) would show how many people are generally interested.  Even a few people can do something together.

A personal ads section would be good too, for people to post what their characters are looking for on a more personal level, like 'hey, where are the youths hanging out?' or 'let's get together to hit up some clubs this week'.

An OOC character interest section would be useful too, where people could put up 'rp wanted' posts about the kind of rp they want their characters to get into or what crowd they want to hang out with ICly.

And, these ideas would be better implemented here on the forums than Facebrowser because they would be centralized in one place and easier to find.  There are a lot of these types of threads here already, but they are mixed in with the news, advertisements, and announcements.  It might be helpful to separate them into their own dedicated sections.

• Upvote 2

Thank you all for the answers that you have provided so far!

I have to clarify that this is not for my character's benefit as I have already solved that problem for myself. It is an addition, if not a requirement, for all the other civilian RPers on the server, and especially the ones that want to take a slow and realistic approach on things. As you know the server's vast majority consists of civilian RPers, some of them being more 'realistic' characters and others simply messing around. 

15 hours ago, Shekh said:

I have parcitipated in 7v7 basketball games, block parties with 20+ people, bbq’s, car meets, protests, speeches, charity events, street races, house parties, ect.

Check the little seoul thread in screenshot gallery to see a party that happened in the park today. 

Nothing admins or server management can do about lack of events. There is no lack of events imo, you’re most likely just rping with a boring group of people or lack the ic connections to be invited. Most people refrain from advertising events openly so the entire server doesn’t show up.

The above events that you have participated in do not represent the legal/civilian rpers, but the ones roleplaying in gangs. The BBQ event however is surely something that should be more encouraged and frequent.

15 hours ago, M52B28 said:

What is stopping you from hosting said events? Lol

Common sense. 1) My character development. 2) My excessively low funds.

I wouldn't mind creating a new character to be the one to host said events, but I will need to go through business applications, and of course I need the appropriate funds and people. I'm not too familiar with this whole process and I'll need more experienced players to help me out.

13 hours ago, Shekh said:

Sounds to me like u needa join a faction tbh. Many factions are communities and don’t force you to do illegal activities, but you can easily meet others icly through them.

obviously if u just go around to advertised places with no goal then you’ll get bored. 

I already did, this isn't "my IC problem" as many have mentioned above. As I previously mentioned, "It isn't only for my own benefit as I have been playing for quite a while, it's for everyone that desires to keep a realistic and slow approach when making new friends and doing things, and doesn't want to rp getting drunk and laid in their first day in the server." 

In other words, it is an addition that should be there as we all know that said events are more social-oriented and are a must for big cities like Los Santos/Los Angeles.

8 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

There are restaurants, bakeries and a few other things. Plus Facebrowser.

I'm sorry but unfortunately, it is very unlikely to find new friends in bakeries and restaurants in reality. People go there with their friends or alone to eat and have a chat with their friends, or simply to buy sweets and so fourth. Those places are mostly useful ONCE you already have some people to RP with, unless your character is very sociable and likes meeting people everywhere he/she goes. Facebrowser is a useful platform, but the community is way too toxic and dull taking into account that they could comment on anybody's post/picture without even knowing the person they're commenting to. Of course I'm referring to a portion of the community and not everyone that has an account there!

• Upvote 1