Admin intervention

Sami.

Yes, I know, it's a shit suggestion, I am a joke, yes, many funny ha yes.

read it first

Short Description:

Remove admin intervention on IC actions.

Long Description:

There's a problem with the crime on the server.

Everyone's a criminal because LSPD holds no contest to anyone, you can literally do whatever the fuck you want.

That's an IC problem - the PD is shit and that's a fact, not their RP ability, or from an OOC standpoint, but from an IC standpoint, they're pretty terrible.

Businesses should be allowed to be robbed at any given time, if the RP is below par  in that robbery, the business owner, or anyone involved should report the robber, just like every other situation. It's impossible for the intention/reasoning behind robbing something to be unrealistic if someone wants to rob something, and they have the means to do so, they can. It's not a matter of realism on the criminal's side, it's a matter of realism on the PD's side.

Crime should become more of an open thing, and in response, the LSPD should become much more of a serious thing.

I've seen more cops parked AFK then I have seen driving around.

Here's a little thing;

Last night I was driving, I tabbed out, tabbed in, and I was on the other side of the road. I drive forward a bit and I get pulled over - that's fine. Note, I am in Rockford and we are outside a club. I go into a parking lot, pull over, comply, and 3 cop cars show up. I don't even get a citation.

Does that sound realistic?

I was denied permission to rob a jewelry store because it's in a rich area and my character "isn't a skilled shooter", yes, very true.

A solid 50% of armed robberies occur with a replica weapon irl, and the majority of robberies are in rich areas, because rich people have more money, so they spend more money, so businesses hold more money.

I'm just being straight up here, it's something i think should change to see a more realistic and difficult progression on the server.

Anyone can be a criminal right now, there's no eluding police. Everything is done ICly from an OOC perspective, "you can't do this because it's unrealistic", but you can do it. If you can't do something, it's for a reason.

Basically, admins should allow more crime, and put more regulation on the LSPD instead of criminals.

Administrators are there for quality control, this is one of those instances. You can think robberies in rich areas like that are common — going into an expensive jewelry store that is equipped with silent alarms, systems and fail-safes in such an expensive area is definitely not realistic or common — especially alone. 

I personally have no issue with anyone robbing small-time stores like this with a handgun, because it can be done and is definitely done (especially in Cali) but going through Hollywood alone like that, in the most expensive and police-monitored area, I can understand why that decision was made. 

Put substance into your role play and use common sense — your character does NOT want to go jail, common sense applies that they'd make sure to not get caught on whatever they're doing, or make themselves a prime target. 

• Upvote 1

The reason that administrators are required to give approval for business robberies is specifically so these acts, which disrupt roleplay for a lot of people, are roleplayed in a realistic fashion as well as not happening every couple hours. Obviously less planning would be put into place to rob a convenience store in South Central Los Santos than a high end store in Vinewood and it wouldn't make sense for someone to hold up a high-end jewelry store with no plan of action, especially if they have to drive all the way across what is realistically a massive city to complete the robbery. 

Your reasoning is essentially if an action could physically be done, it would make sense from an IC standpoint. In the rich areas of the United States, such as Vinewood (let's use the real like equivalent as an example, Hollywood), businesses are not robbed willy-nilly in the same way that they would be in Compton or Inglewood. Sure, any gang banger can take a bus and hold up the Armani store in Rodeo Drive, but I've never heard of that happening since anyone knows you're likely to get swarmed by cops and if you manage to get away, those stores are chocked up to the nuts with surveillance and security systems. If someone was to knock them off, it'd be with an organized crew and planning which includes casing the joint and even some intrigue like hiring an inside man. So while anyone could walk into Louis Vuitton and rob the place, they really don't for the above stated reasons. 

And to set the record straight, your request wasn't declined because you weren't a quote "skilled shooter". It was declined because for the aforementioned reasons they were going to waltz into a high end store and hold it up with no planning and no actual roleplay leading up to it. Your character would reasonably understand they wouldn't survive/escape the encounter and it'd make no sense that they'd go straight to holding up stores in the richest areas in the city. 

As mentioned prior, administrators here are to provide a sober second thought regarding what is realistic as we all have ideas that may seem good but sometimes when you step back it makes sense that it is not as realistic as originally believed. We try to encourage as much roleplay as possible but realism needs to be put first and foremost due to this being a roleplay server and not a server based solely on crime. 

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Sami said:

I'm just being straight up here, it's something i think should change to see a more realistic and difficult progression on the server.

How does allowing anyone to rob any store at anytime make the server more realistic and difficult? If anything this would do the exact opposite.

Can this thread just get closed? We already know it's gonna turn into a shitfest.

• Upvote 1

You don't seem to grasp that more bad then good would come from this. More crime with less admin intervention? Everyone has their own tastes I suppose, but I'd rather not be in fear of my business being robbed by a different crew every hour of the day because that is what would happen. Things would progress to being less realistic and it wouldn't accomplish what you're suggesting. The server would turn into a slug fest over which crew could rob the most businesses and before you know it, we'd have the Wild West rather than a more realistic setting.

2 hours ago, Sami said:

Basically, admins should allow more crime, and put more regulation on the LSPD instead of criminals.

I'm sure @Big_Smokes could elaborate on the many regulations PD has to abide by IC'ly. The PD issues you spoke about are IC concerns (too many PD for a traffic stop - Take it IC'ly) and shouldn't require OOC intervention. Ironically in the same suggestion you're asking for less admin intervention for criminals but at the same time ask for more admin intervention for PD. Seems like there's some bias there.

No thanks on this suggestion.

Edited by Giles
2 hours ago, Sami said:

That's an IC problem - the PD is shit and that's a fact, not their RP ability, or from an OOC standpoint, but from an IC standpoint, they're pretty terrible.

I'm just curious what kind of experience and knowledge you're sitting on to claim this opinion as a "fact" after coming back for a couple of days after not having played on the server for months.
Because let's be real here, this is an opinion and nothing else.

Other than that, I'm going to keep an eye on this thread because I have a feeling that this is going to turn nasty pretty soon.

Edited by Thirteen

This topic doesn't seem to be a suggestion, it seems to be a output of your opinion against the LSPD. If you have suggestions or ideas for the LSPD, I recommend speaking with @Big_Smokes. Calling an entire faction shit and trying to blame the entire faction for an issue you may have no idea what's going on with the internal structure. I will lock this topic and would like you to forward your suggestion towards the LSPD for your issue.

• Björk locked this topic