Balance the PD faction to the rest of the server.

rex_hound

Short description: The PD vs Criminals RP is way too unbalanced. The PD have vehicles that can reach, and go over 140mph and take corners like it's nothing. And have a very unrealistic presence.

Detailed description: The police faction on the server have a very unrealistic take upon their vehicles and power. They're very overpowered and their vehicles are very unrealistic. Police cruisers can and have reached ridiculous speeds, around 130mph, and cornered at this speed, they were able to keep up with and take down a Sultan Classic, which in reality cop cruisers can barely keep up with the real life counterpart, i.e Subaru Impreza. Not only this, you have every police officer on the server show up to petty crimes, such as a homeless man getting their hand stuck trying to shoplift. Logically this would be low priority and would have one maybe two officers answer, if they have a partner, however the entire PD responds to this. A simple traffic stop, there has been six+ cruisers stacking up on a vehicle, logically it would be two cruisers. Cops are also HUMAN's, which means they aren't ALWAYS on duty, like most of them are, they show zero emotion, and have act like a robot, hence why the playerbase in the criminal RP and the civilian RP have come to call those cops "Robocops." This term has become IC for some people, because it's that much of an issue. I would also like to add, if I am to get 45k in citations, why should I be forced to do 12 days and 20 hours in jail, and still pay the 45k? It's so punishing that I have to pay 90% of my wealth to the server, after working for over 3 days and then have to pay it right back to the server because I'm also trying to do decent criminal RP. I have contemplated quitting the server over this, and have already stopped with my donations on the server because I refuse to donate to a server that is so broken and so one sided on RP. 

How would your suggestion improve the server? Criminal RP can rise again, and players can genuinely have FUN rp, instead of having to lose their main characters for over two weeks and half of their wealth. The playerbase might even rise where as old players who left due to the OP police force. 

Additional information: If you ARE a cop and about to post a bias comment, please remember most people have footage and/or screenshots of a PD cruiser going over 130mph around a corner and perfoming exactly like a sports car would when in fact a REAL LIFE police department wouldn't have the funding for a vehicle that handles as such, nor a vehicle that can reach those kinds of speeds. I understand police are supposed to be fun, however so is the criminal aspect. Have a few "high speed" units, not every car being able to keep up with high end sports cars that have more than likely been modified to be race vehicles, like a rally car, or for street racing, or maybe even circuit racing.

• Upvote 2

As an officer with the LSPD I can sympathize with you on the topic of citations and their high amounts. However, the amounts rise with how many times you commit said crime. For example, per the penal code, evading goes from 5000, to 10000 then to 20000. Career criminals are subject to the worst fines/punishments.

As far as an imbalance regarding vehicles/power, I can say personally that I struggle to keep up with suspects most times (however I'm not allowed to deploy our 'interceptors' which are the faster cruisers.

• Upvote 1

Yea pd needs a reform or something, I once had 4 cruisers pull me over for running over an intersection.

I also was once arrested for driving without a license because I was rping driving lessons with someone, when I said there’s someone in the car to teach me the cop said “use the driving school then” and arrested me for no license (this was last week). When I said it is legal to drive with someone with a license as a passanger, he said “not in los santos”.

You could say it’s all IC, but he both oocly and icly believed what he was saying. It all comes down to poorly trained pd and careless rping. Another time I got told it is illegal to rp carrying a hammer in a case with a full builders outfit on as it’s a weapon, even though it was obviously a legal tool.

I suggest you remove the part about 140/130 mph. Pd cars barely go 115/120, they’ll just use that as an argument and ignore everything else.

Sounds to me like you got caught and got pretty tilted about it. You say that cops IRL aren't able to keep up to a Subaru Impreza, but you forget that most US police departments run Ford Taurus Interceptors. They're a V6 all wheel drive setup, pushing more than 300 to the wheels.  Their SUV's are also AWD, handle decent, well balanced and also make over 300 horsepower. What makes you think these wouldn't be able to keep up to a boxer four? Old Subaru Imprezas, such as the one you're roleplaying, only ran 236 horsepower at the time. The Impreza isn't anything special to write home about, so you can't use that for an argument. Moving on.

If your car's doing 130 through a corner, I see no reason why a cop shouldn't be able to do the same. Cop cars don't get issued to police departments with no work done to them. Ford tunes these up to spec. Beefier suspension, etcetera. They're built and they're built damn good. There's a reason they're called Interceptors. They're here to intercept people that evade in modified vehicles that your average Buffalo or Stanier won't catch.

If you're thinking about quitting the server over being caught over your IC decisions, then it doesn't seem that you're trying to take heavy RP seriously and you should do what you think is best. But trashing PD all over the forums isn't helping you. Funny how I never see serious criminal roleplayers that spent months developing their character complain about stuff like this once they get busted.

Edited by JustAnM43
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Yea pd needs a reform or something, I once had 4 cruisers pull me over for running over an intersection.

I also was once arrested for driving without a license because I was rping driving lessons with someone, when I said there’s someone in the car to teach me the cop said “use the driving school then” and arrested me for no license (this was last week). When I said it is legal to drive with someone with a license as a passanger, he said “not in los santos”.

I suggest you remove the part about 140/130 mph. Pd cars barely go 115/120, they’ll just use that as an argument and ignore everything else.

Your not allowed to NPC fake characters. 

Edited by Henning
Just now, rex_hound said:

I was messaged by the admin that closed the thread to use the proper formatting, so thanks for the concern.

Ok then what EXACTLY is you suggestion? 

"The PD vs Criminals RP is way too unbalanced. The PD have vehicles that can reach, and go over 140mph and take corners like it's nothing. And have a very unrealistic presence." 

^That is a complaint not a suggestion, if you have an issue regarding PD in its entirety you can submit that here: 

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Sounds to me like you got caught and got pretty tilted about it. You say that cops IRL aren't able to keep up to a Subaru Impreza, but you forget that most US police departments run Ford Taurus Interceptors. They're a V6 all wheel drive setup, pushing more than 300 to the wheels.  Their SUV's are also AWD, handle decent, well balanced and also make over 300 horsepower. What makes you think these wouldn't be able to keep up to a boxer four? Old Subaru Imprezas, such as the one you're roleplaying, only ran 236 horsepower at the time. The Impreza isn't anything special to write home about, so you can't use that for an argument. Moving on.

If your car's doing 130 through a corner, I see no reason why a cop shouldn't be able to do the same. Cop cars don't get issued to police departments with no work done to them. Ford tunes these up to spec. Beefier suspension, etcetera. They're built and they're built damn good. There's a reason they're called Interceptors. They're here to intercept people that evade in modified vehicles that your average Buffalo or Stanier won't catch.

If you're thinking about quitting the server over being caught over your IC decisions, then it doesn't seem that you're trying to take heavy RP seriously and you should do what you think is best. But trashing PD all over the forums isn't helping you.

This is my issue, you have to SLOW DOWN to take a corner properly IRL, or else you spin out. However you seem pretty intent on the fact I was also doing 130 through the corner, which isn't the case, I had to slow down to take it correctly or else the vehicle would have slowed down. I would also like to add, that you still would have a run for your money chasing a vehicle in an interceptor, especially the more higher end vehicles that are known to lose police. This scenario with the Sultan Classic wasn't MY scenario, but it was a friends issue, so I used it as an example. I am, nor will I ever be, a firm believer that this server has more things added that help PD, rather than criminals. I'm also arguing more about the issues with the fact that citations reach ridiculous prices, in which most people barely earn, and the fact that you have to do 12 days+ in jail, AND pay the citations is ridiculous, what's the point in working 3 days if I have to pay the cash back to the server after being arrested?

• Keane locked this topic