Balance the PD faction to the rest of the server.

rex_hound

Just now, Henning said:

Ok then what EXACTLY is you suggestion? 

"The PD vs Criminals RP is way too unbalanced. The PD have vehicles that can reach, and go over 140mph and take corners like it's nothing. And have a very unrealistic presence." 

^That is a complaint not a suggestion, if you have an issue regarding PD in its entirety you can submit that here: 

My suggestion, is that you either do NOT get cited ridiculous prices whilst doing jailtime that's over 3 days, and/or the cites prices are lowered. Also, PD cruisers speed and handling should be lowered, if not both then at least one of them. No vehicle has perfect speed, nor has perfect handling, most vehicle sacrifice speed for handling and vice versa.

Just now, rex_hound said:

This is my issue, you have to SLOW DOWN to take a corner properly IRL, or else you spin out. However you seem pretty intent on the fact I was also doing 130 through the corner, which isn't the case, I had to slow down to take it correctly or else the vehicle would have slowed down. I would also like to add, that you still would have a run for your money chasing a vehicle in an interceptor, especially the more higher end vehicles that are known to lose police. This scenario with the Sultan Classic wasn't MY scenario, but it was a friends issue, so I used it as an example. I am, nor will I ever be, a firm believer that this server has more things added that help PD, rather than criminals. I'm also arguing more about the issues with the fact that citations reach ridiculous prices, in which most people barely earn, and the fact that you have to do 12 days+ in jail, AND pay the citations is ridiculous, what's the point in working 3 days if I have to pay the cash back to the server after being arrested?

If you can't afford the fine, don't do the crime. Think about what you're doing before doing it. It's a completely IC issue. Work on your finances better if that's your character's deal. The fine prices are perfectly well balanced as it is. Think about what illegal shit you're gonna be doing before actually doing it. I don't see any veteran criminal roleplayers complaining about prices because they think shit through before doing it.

My suggestion, is that you either do NOT get cited ridiculous prices whilst doing jailtime that's over 3 days, and/or the cites prices are lowered. Also, PD cruisers speed and handling should be lowered, if not both then at least one of them. No vehicle has perfect speed, nor has perfect handling, most vehicle sacrifice speed for handling and vice versa.

Wrong. Go look up Ford's fleet of cop cars. They're perfectly well balanced, with a V6 powerplant, twin turbo setup and all wheel drive. This isn't 1968 where a cop gets issued a 440 Hemi that weighs 4000 pounds and can't turn nor brake cause he's on drum brakes. Seeing as Vapid's a lore friendly Ford, and we have the Interceptor, I see no issues with this whatsoever.

the fact that you have to do 12 days+ in jail, AND pay the citations is ridiculous, what's the point in working 3 days if I have to pay the cash back to the server after being arrested?

I don't know how I can get clearer with this.

IF YOU CAN NOT DO THE TIME, DONT DO THE CRIME

• Upvote 1
Just now, JustAnM43 said:

If you can't afford the fine, don't do the crime. Think about what you're doing before doing it. It's a completely IC issue. Work on your finances better if that's your character's deal. The fine prices are perfectly well balanced as it is. Think about what illegal shit you're gonna be doing before actually doing it. I don't see any veteran criminal roleplayers complaining about prices because they think shit through before doing it.

I've been in many VC's where I've heard veteran criminal RP'ers complaining about this stuff, so it's funny you should say that. It's not an IC issue if I'm complaining about things that have been editted within a handling.dat file, it's an OOC issue. Most players don't speak up against this because they don't feel like they'll be listened to, which tends to be the issue nine times out of ten on most servers.

• Upvote 1

I've been in many VC's where I've heard veteran criminal RP'ers complaining about this stuff, so it's funny you should say that. It's not an IC issue if I'm complaining about things that have been editted within a handling.dat file, it's an OOC issue. Most players don't speak up against this because they don't feel like they'll be listened to, which tends to be the issue nine times out of ten on most servers.

The Interceptor on GTA:W is made after the IRL counterpart. It handles great, it's pretty quick, and it isn't a boat. Once again, this isn't 1968. Cop cars are fast. Deal with it.

• Keane locked this topic