Adding REGULATION to the PK/CK of characters to get out of court...

Alexandra_Forge

Not going to dive to heavily into this suggestion... I will say that I have spent not even a week as an attorney, and I have heard this being proposed, and have seen cases where a PK was used as an option to viable roleplay... People are killing people to avoid paying mere pennies, for things that do not even involve the claimant in a crime, or knowledge of the other parties illegal affiliations.... It's disgusting, and unrealistic.

If your a mob boss, looking at criminal indictments, and you 'whack' a witness... Fair play.... If your a Drug Kingpin and someone flipped on you, leading to your arrest and your facing several years in prison.... By all means, arrange a hit...

But if your either of the two, and you defaulted on a loan for $100,000 from Cross Capital, and now face having to repay that loan due to Halley Cross  (Sorry if you see this Cross Capital, but it was an example that is founded in reality) filing a claim against you for the contract you made..... You should not be allowed to get your buddies to take her out to protect yourself from such a recoverable financial loss...… It's bogus, It's unrealistic. Who risks exposure of killing someone over such content?

Lastly... WIthout a set of rules, we are simply making it easy.... Hell, if this suggestion fails, I might as well dismiss any help I have, get a hired gun... And gurantee a victory for all of my clients... You catch my drift.... If "successful" factions are using this option, or anyone for that matter, it needs to be addressed.

RULE SUGGESTION:

No player shall resort to the act of killing a character in order to avoid paying damages that may possibly be awarded in an ongoing court. An exception to this rule would be applied to all lawsuit's or claims made with potential damages amounting to a value in excess of $150,001 or greater, but only if an administrator has given approval after verifying your characters history may have supported such actions, and other means and options were heavily considered (As in hire a lawyer). In addition, Criminal cases involving established criminal organizations, gangs, or illegal groups, that may result in lengthy prison sentences, or disclose highly senstive information (Names of high ranking members, or information that may lead to the disbandment of a crime ring) may request from Faction Management that a CK, or PK, be placed on opposing witnesses as a realistic act to lessen evidence that may be provided.

Edited by Alexandra_Forge
  • Upvote 3

It looks like PK or CK seems like the best option to many illegal roleplayers if they are about to lose a case, at this point. This seems like a very easy solution to prevent losing the case, which is very unrealistic. Therefore, I feel like we need some rules implemented to end this series of murders. Otherwise, this will be the top solution for many. 

"Losing a case? Don't worry, you don't need an attorney, better call a hitman instead!"

The rule details can be discussed in order to bring up the best solution to this problem.

4 minutes ago, pogoyo said:

PK should be permitted for any legal risk in excess of 150k

It's very risky and you know why. Suddenly a witness fails to show up cause they were somehow killed? You think cops won't look your way immediately? They will. Besides in a civil court, suddenly a businessman has an access to a hitman? Sounds like p2w scenario. A real life case from my country, exactly that happened a businessman had few guys taking care of a witness in a case where quite big money were involved. Witness died ofc, but after some years, the businessman got life for it.

Edited by Engelbert
Just now, Engelbert said:

It's very risky and you know why. Suddenly a witness fails to show up cause they were somehow killed? You think cops won't look your way immediately? They will. Besides in a civil court, suddenly a businessman has an access to a hitman? Sounds like p2w scenario.

I don't even know what your post means. What I'm saying is that if there is a rule that prevents PKing to get out of court, which essentially forces the majority of players to participate in complex court RP, it should only be in cases that do not constitute significant financial risk. Writing an essay should not be worth a 500k payout with no route for recourse outside the court system. Would create an artificially empowered "writer class" of essayists who can hold players hostage for vast sums.

Just now, pogoyo said:

I don't even know what your post means. What I'm saying is that if there is a rule that prevents PKing to get out of court, which essentially forces the majority of players to participate in complex court RP, it should only be in cases that do not constitute significant financial risk. Writing an essay should not be worth a 500k payout with no route for recourse outside the court system. Would create an artificially empowered "writer class" of essayists who can hold players hostage for vast sums.

It's a court, that's how it works. What I am saying is that PK shouldn't be avaliable to characters that never associated with organized crime. IE you can't suddenly remember, that one of guys you were on party once has contacts on some bad people, right? What I am saying PK shouldn't be present as an option in civil courts. If you mean adjustments to fees, that I can agree with. Lawyers can be quite rich if they know how to do it. And most of them know, then yeah I agree.

I think this falls into "poor character portrayal" category and should be reported.

If am understanding this correctly, a completely legal company (to my knowledge) hired someone to kill another character to get out of a lawsuit against them. This is simply shitty roleplay and should be punished by admins with ajails or even bans for certain amount of time.

It is an ic issue as someone above mentioned and you can't introduce rules to prevent such things a it makes no sense. But this sort of roleplay should be reported, that's the only way to resolve a situation like this.

Just now, shiroq said:

I think this falls into "poor character portrayal" category and should be reported.

If am understanding this correctly, a completely legal company (to my knowledge) hired someone to kill another character to get out of a lawsuit against them. This is simply shitty roleplay and should be punished by admins with ajails or even bans for certain amount of time.

It is an ic issue as someone above mentioned and you can't introduce rules to prevent such things a it makes no sense. But this sort of roleplay should be reported, that's the only way to resolve a situation like this.

Many things are IC issues, yet have rules to regulate the abuse, or impact it has on roleplay overall...…….. Hence why mindless killing, although is done over and over IRL, is considered DM...…. 

• mj2002 locked this topic