"Illegal ads" - i think not.

7 hours ago, Flemwad said:

Because if you don't have a gaming license you're openly violating the law by advertising your business?  You're required to have a gaming license.  You don't see establishments that don't have the licenses advertising services openly they are not licensed for.  I would even think a radio station that doesn't have a broadcasting license can fall under the advertisement rule.  

I honestly feel as if this is primarily an in-character issue, but gambling is an OOC concern and should be treaded lightly.  There's a lot of negative issues that rise from gambling.  It's a real-life issue for some people have no control.  The last thing you want is a house-party gambling ring where people all meet up from advertisements to gamble off of some advertisement.  It doesn't seem realistic at all.  The last thing you want is these type of circles operating and creating issues or rule violations.

Hey judge. 

All 3 examples I made, have been violating the rule for ages now. It's a common practice to do so because no one really thinks further from the actual written OOC rule. And I am not saying they should be cut off too, it's an IC issue as pointed out by others in this thread as well. I just want a fair treatment as their ads have been - my ads about this "ILLEGAL" gambling practice fall into the same category , they are not obviously illegal, I am not some random guy advertising a card game in some ghetto housing, It's a registered business - placing Internet popup banners. 

28 minutes ago, hugopereira100 said:

Everyone's favorite sentence is what should be used for this thread.

"Deal with it IC'ly".

It is why I posted this thread. I'd really like to deal with it IC'ly - It is very easy to get that Gambling License but I chose not to. Also your "argument" makes no sense - It's like a DM'er saying "Deal with it IC'ly". I wanna deal with it IC'ly like the other 3 groups of businesses I mentioned are doing.

Licensing management has been extremely strict with enforcing the Laws on to businesses. Whenever I open a new business, I am often approached by inspectors questioning whether the business is either registered or licensed, unless I am not required to license a business. It's ICly being enforced on a massive scale to the best of their ability, as all unfamiliar businesses are questioned upon contact by these licensing agents.

Edited by DLimit
Typos

Wellllll …. I actually misread the :

I went through them all and just didn't notice that Online Gambling was actually illegal, with Gaming License or not, the City Hall let me register the company with those attentions tho LMAO anyways, it was a IC misread as much it was OOC so … yeah... Thanks for the answers in this thread. Still , the points about the other 3 types of business in the OP are very legit and should be looked into as well.

L&A please!

I'd like to say, as a some what savvy licensing official (Abby Underwood), that most of the businesses that I find in violation are investigated based on thier business ad's.... it is extremely common for a new business (and even mature businesses) to make ads and yet not have properly licensed or registered business activity..

The fact is... people like the department of finance should be handling this, icly.

In addition, it is ok to run a business illegally, and we expect it to be handled ICly, yet we are then meta gaming the fuck out of /AD and sanctioning people OOCly while circumventing the JOB created to do this icly. 

I think taking OOC action for a company not following IC regulations is a lost definition of Metagaming... and to force them to cease thier advertisement, even though the department of finance has not, is also an issue of powergame.

Thier is no legislation that encompasses FCC activity, producing understandable law, as a side note, but that's an IC issue.

Ultimately... Let the Department of Finance handle it.. That's what they are supposed to do..

• Upvote 2

As an addition... No one knows that the business is unregistered unless they are either directly involved and knowingly doing so, or a license official does a cursory check.... 

Let's not pretend that if a licensing official OOCly instructed people to stop violating our business code, that official would eventually be Ajailed... Hypocrisy at best dontcha think..

• Upvote 2
  • Syrike locked this topic