Hope - Cults, Religion & the Father.

lux

Just now, eTaylor said:

I hope the Far Cry references aren’t taken negatively, I thoroughly enjoy the roleplay. I also hope the trolls that keep roaming to the compound won’t discourage your group’s dedication to keep this active!

We kinda expected it as it is an influence, obviously.

But when people actually interact with us, they'll notice we're aiming for a more Jonestown/Waco vibe. The idea of forming behind a charismatic leader, whose intentions we don't really now, yet follow through fear, desperation and promises of a new America. Only the founders of the cult know it's true ideologies and aims - the rest is for the members to find out ICly! We're having a blast so far, although obviously people are curious and are wandering into a camp that by lore was previously used by a cult that was massacred - I'd hope people would at least respect the roleplay we're trying to achieve and not come there specifically to troll us (as has been the case so far). 

If I saw a gated community, with the lore that's previously existed at the location and it was 1am, there's no fucking way I'm walking in there. x)

• 3 months later...