Character Kills instead of Player Kills

Ketamine Kowboy

3 minutes ago, Lmao said:

Yeah, I fully understand that. I myself avoid getting attached to my characters but if you've RPed on for so long it is kinda hard not to get attached in one way or another. The biggest issue though is people who self-insert themselves, and therefore a simple CK becomes a huge issue and usually ends with feelings hurt OOC. 

Big facts. That's pretty much the main reason that shit won't work. For every person that doesn't really care if their char dies and doesn't take anything IC to offense OOC etc there's like 40 players who do to varying degrees. Dream server would be full of people who're just there for the RP and detach themselves entirely from what happens in it. Smth like that would be prime for every death being a CK, since people like that tend to treat things a little more like 'w/e happens is final' in their RP from what I've seen over the years.

Just now, DLimit said:

I never claimed that a beheading would lead to amnesia. 

I am referring to a situation in-which, mechanically, a person shot another person in the toe, ten times, without any head shots or torso shots. It'd be a "PK", as the character dies mechanically.

Also wrong. If they accept death it'd be a PK and they'd treat it as if they bled out and died. If they wait and RP with an EMT to be treated and revived, it's not a PK and they remember exactly what happened. They got their foot shot to shit and most likely just passed out from the pain (to explain why they cant go anywhere obv).

Edited by Smonk
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Smonk said:

Big facts. That's pretty much the main reason that shit won't work. For every person that doesn't really care if their char dies and doesn't take anything IC to offense OOC etc there's like 40 players who do to varying degrees. Dream server would be full of people who're just there for the RP and detach themselves entirely from what happens in it. Smth like that would be prime for every death being a CK, since people like that tend to treat things a little more like 'w/e happens is final' in their RP from what I've seen over the years.

Also wrong. If they accept death it'd be a PK and they'd treat it as if they bled out and died. If they wait and RP with an EMT to be treated and revived, it's not a PK and they remember exactly what happened. They got their foot shot to shit and most likely just passed out from the pain (to explain why they cant go anywhere obv).

EMT perspective here!

PKs are incredibly annoying to deal with from an EMS point of view. People purposefully PK after minor injuries to avoid RP, jail-time or a whole mess of things. We had a guy once /me bleeds out from a minor leg wound and PK.

but on the other hand, without PK’s we’d have CK’s every couple of minutes.

On a daily basis we get three to eight body calls, and three to five calls where the patient is DOA or shot in the head and unreviable. 

Maybe if we had free name changes or something to the likes.

But logistically, PKs are the only way to handle the influx of deaths we get on a daily basis.

Even if it’s insanely annoying that people PK to avoid RPing with EMT’s, no other way around it.

And the Amnesia thing wouldn’t work well, there’s stuff in the works on the medical side that wouldn’t allow for magical Amnesia.

2 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

PKs are incredibly annoying to deal with from an EMS point of view. People purposefully PK after minor injuries to avoid RP, jail-time or a whole mess of things. We had a guy once /me bleeds out from a minor leg wound and PK.

Yeah, people tend to PK as a way out of stuff and it's annoying. People PK from ,,papercuts" to get out of jail sentences or medic RP in general, it's silly.

4 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

EMT perspective here!

but on the other hand, without PK’s we’d have CK’s every couple of minutes.

On a daily basis we get three to eight body calls, and three to five calls where the patient is DOA or shot in the head and unreviable. 

Maybe if we had free name changes or something to the likes.

But logistically, PKs are the only way to handle the influx of deaths we get on a daily basis.

Even if it’s insanely annoying that people PK to avoid RPing with EMT’s, no other way around it.

And the Amnesia thing wouldn’t work well, there’s stuff in the works on the medical side that wouldn’t allow for magical Amnesia.

Yeah those types are just bad/impatient roleplayers majority of the time.  Your typical 'ay lets shoot this nigga and rob that nigga bruh' with 0 actual character outside of their role as a gangmember/criminal w/e they do. They're in every RP scene unfortunately. Those types are the type of people that CK only environments would attack mainly, since if they rush it and accept death like that, there goes their character permanently, which most of those people don't want happening. They only accept death cause it lets them get right back into whatever activity they were doing prior to getting dropped without any consequences.

Edited by Smonk
1 minute ago, Smonk said:

Yeah those types are just bad/impatient roleplayers majority of the time.  Your typical 'ay lets shoot this nigga and rob that nigga bruh' with 0 actual character outside of their role as a gangmember/criminal w/e they do. They're in every RP scene unfortunately. Those types are the type of people that CK only environments would attack mainly, since if they rush it and accept death like that, there goes their character permanently, which most of those people don't want happening. They only accept death cause it lets them get right back into whatever activity they were doing prior to getting dropped without any consequences.

Don't forget returning to the scene to pick-up your gun as well. These types of people are one of the largest reasons I believe a CK only system needs to be in place, they treat PK's like not even a bump in the road. It's very infuriating. 

31 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I never claimed that a beheading would lead to amnesia. 

I am referring to a situation in-which, mechanically, a person shot another person in the toe, ten times, without any head shots or torso shots. It'd be a "PK", as the character dies mechanically.

If an ambulance came they’d be revived so it wouldn’t be a pk. It’s like when you die in a fist fight, u can ask for a revive as u obviously weren’t beat to death rp wise, but it happened scriptwise.

also, how does having amnesia from a toe injury make gta world any better. That’s a step backwards tbh. We should aim to have the best mix of fun, realism and rp. Your suggestion isn’t fun nor realistic but will slightly improve immersion according to you.

15 minutes ago, Lmao said:

Don't forget returning to the scene to pick-up your gun as well. These types of people are one of the largest reasons I believe a CK only system needs to be in place, they treat PK's like not even a bump in the road. It's very infuriating. 

Yeah I understand that, those types are why I just stick to civilian rp and don't really get too involved with much anymore. I get fed up with that shit. Personally I feel like they don't make up a huge majority of the playerbase, but rather a portion of illegal RP and even some LEO RP too, so they should just be dealt with by PM rather than changing the entire environment of the server to deal with them. It'd be easier on everyone and on the admins to do it that way instead. GTAW's suffered a couple times IMO from making server-wide changes to combat a few idiotic types in RP that end up making things difficult for everyone else.

Edited by Smonk

Just now, Smonk said:

Yeah I understand that, those types are why I just stick to civilian rp and don't really get too involved with much anymore. I get fed up with that shit. Personally I feel like they don't make up a huge majority of the playerbase, but rather a portion of illegal RP and even some LEO RP too, so they should just be dealt with by PM rather than changing the entire environment of the server to deal with them. It'd be easier on everyone and on the admins to do it that way instead. GTAW's suffered a couple times IMO from making server-wide changes to combat a few idiotic types in RP that end up making things difficult for everyone else.

It is a small minority, but sadly they are what most people see when RPing in areas such as South Central. It's honestly sad, South Central RP does host some of the best roleplayers on the server, but their amazing roleplay gets put out of focus and instead people circle the handful of very poor roleplayers in the area, to make a point about all "gang-RP" being lacklustre or just hood RP in general. 

Changing the system for that player base specifically wouldn't work, or wouldn't be effective well aware of that. As I said before, GTA-W could never pull off a CK only system, it just couldn't, for countless reasons. It is also why I opened this as a debate because I simply wanted to see others opinions on it. 

• 3 weeks later...