Character Kills instead of Player Kills

Ketamine Kowboy

38 minutes ago, Radhwan said:

Also the homicide division in PD must be entitled to pursue every single murder no matter what, which calls for a big-scale forensics script that introduces crime scene prints, bullet casings matching with murder weapon, bullet casings' serial (if they have any), DNA traces on the crime scene, surrounding CCTV footage, witnesses etc..

If all of what I mentioned doesn't get added it's impossible to create the balance needed for a CK-Only environment.

I think they do have most of those things, I know they do bullet casings, prints and serials, DNA traces as well, they swab everyone they incarcerates mouth for future use in investigations.

1 hour ago, Radhwan said:

If CKs become the only option after RPly dying, completely removing PKs, I think the qualifications for a CK should be upped and Life Sentences should be added for murder as to instill fear of going to jail for life in case you kill someone, there should defenitely be a balance, because a CK through murder renders the victim not playable ever, it completely finishes their story so why should the murderer get like a few days/weeks in prison instead of a life sentence? Those are my 2 cents.

Yeah most definitely this. If this were ever to be given a test run or something, punishment for murder/crimes would HAVE to be more severe. There's a reason why gangs don't just go around robbing and killing people 24/7 irl.  The CK thing and punishment for the opposite party if they're caught etc would provide an interesting level of hyper realism or w/e you wanna call it, altho I still don't think it should be added in the end.

22 hours ago, DLimit said:

A P.K. should prohibit that character from playing for a day in order to R.P. receiving medical treatment in the hospital. Wanted a deterrent? There you go.

No because they’re dead in that situation. Why would they go to a hospital? 

If I pk you, and you come out rping your in hospital afterwards, how will you explain to people why you went to hospital

no need to make un-fun detterents. Unsure why you guys literally want the game to be objectively less fun. 

Literally nobody will want to play if you make them lose their money and assets over every altercation. This isn’t real life. You are 1000% more likely to be robbed or to die in GTA W, deaths shouldn’t be permenant. I garuntee most the people suggesting this are donators that can easily just name change and keep their assets if this was implemented.

People should rp fear because they want to, not because they’re forced into it and have their assets and development blackmailed

Edited by Shekh
2 minutes ago, Shekh said:

No because they’re dead in that situation. Why would they go to a hospital? 

If I pk you, and you come out rping your in hospital afterwards, how will you explain to people why you went to hospital

no need to make un-fun detterents. Unsure why you guys literally want the game to be objectively less fun. Nobody wants this.

Roleplay that you could not remember the incident, while also roleplaying the consequences of the P.K.

Claim that you woke up in the hospital with holes in your chest. 

By your logic, it's like stating "Why roleplay that you're dead. How are you going to roleplay being alive?". If a hundred people were to R.P. your death, then they'd have to claim that you were dead while walking the land. The murderer knows your name, yet will have to roleplay not being aware of your existence, any way. I enjoy the idea of R.Ping the aftermath without being aware of the person that had committed the act, as it adds development to my character. Much better to wake up in a hospital, roleplaying severe injuries, than to act as if NOTHING happened.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, DLimit said:

Roleplay that you could not remember the incident, while also roleplaying the consequences of the P.K.

Claim that you woke up in the hospital with holes in your chest. 

By your logic, it's like stating "Why roleplay that you're dead. How are you going to roleplay being alive?"

They did this on owl-gaming. Was just confusing and wierd. Every time you get pked having amnesia isn’t gonna work how you think it is. In the end this will result in lower playerbase, confusing plotholes in rp because 50% of the playerbase gets amnesia every 2 hours, and will objectively be less fun for most people involved

Do you genuinely believe that someone being shot and having their memory magically wiped in hospital every time is better than the situation just being voided each time for the person that died? It will just be immersion-breaking since so much people will be going to hospital and responding with “i dont remember what happened”

Plus, gang members usually die once every week minimum, having to make new chars and swap chars so often will be tedious

3 minutes ago, Shekh said:

They did this on owl-gaming. Was just confusing and wierd. Every time you get pked having amnesia isn’t gonna work how you think it is. In the end this will result in lower playerbase, confusing plotholes in rp because 50% of the playerbase gets amnesia every 2 hours, and will objectively be less fun for most people involved

Do you genuinely believe that someone being shot and having their memory magically wiped in hospital every time is better than the situation just being voided each time for the person that died? It will just be immersion-breaking since so much people will be going to hospital and responding with “i dont remember what happened”

Plus, gang members usually die once every week minimum, having to make new chars and swap chars so often will be tedious

Issue is, nothing is voided. Under this current system, you are already presumed dead. If your friends witnessed your death, then they are living with the idea that you were deceased. It is not voided, at all. You re still undergoing amnesia as you had existed during the murder, was murder, and is now randomly exiting a hospital without roleplaying any injuries. I'm only adding the idea of roleplaying injuries at severe levels.

The P.K, is more consequential when one roleplays actually undergoing injuries.

Edited by DLimit

And it’s not better to wake up with severe injuries as ur char is dead.

im thinking keep it the way it is. If we have to change it make its cks then whatever

but dlimit your suggestion is just some wierd limbo where people die yet rp surviving injuries. Getting amnesia from gunshots somehow. Way more complicated and confusing. I would rather every death be a ck then your suggestion tbh. 

Just now, Shekh said:

im thinking keep it the way it is. If we have to change it make its cks then whatever

but dlimit your suggestion is just some wierd limbo where people die yet rp surviving injuries. Getting amnesia from gunshots somehow. Way more complicated and confusing. I would rather every death be a ck then your suggestion tbh. 

But, it's better to wake up and approach your friends, whom had witnessed your death, perfectly fine as-if nothing happened.

The C.K. method would lower the player-count, drastically.

5 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Issue is, nothing is voided. Under this current system, you are already presumed dead. If your friends witnessed your death, then they are living with the idea that you were deceased. It is not voided, at all. You re still undergoing amnesia as you had existed during the murder, was murder, and is now randomly exiting a hospital without roleplaying any injuries. I'm only adding the idea of roleplaying injuries at severe levels.

The P.K, is more consequential when one roleplays actually undergoing injuries.

If your friends are roleplaying like they witnessed you die you should just take a CK. People ignore PKs and never count it as you dying, it's how it's been from day one. It's just "Oh, he's PKed from that so act like he wasnt there" They just forget it happened and treat it as if it were a random so it doesn't destroy the RP since it's not a CK. Nobody sits there and goes "OH MY GOD I JUST WATCHED JOSE DIE FOOL THEY GOT JOSE" and then you're back on the block 10 mins later and they're like "damn foo i thought they killed you" lol. PKs infront of your friends just kinda fade away into nothing and are treated as if it wasn't actually you, then just forgotten about so it doesn't come up randomly, that's how the majority of people go about it because it's a stupid plot hole that it was a PK and that makes it a little less stupid to have to deal with.

Edited by Smonk
1 minute ago, Shekh said:

Whilst I disagree with some of your points, this is one I am inclined to agree with. A system where you "forget" who shot you just seems strange to me honestly, it takes any severity out of a PK. If someone shoots you to death, even if it's a PK, you should be PKed from them and the shooting. I understand where @DLimit's is coming from with his view on how to RP consequences of PK's, but I don't agree with it. As it stands now, we have a PK system and since we do have that in place, we will need to shape our roleplay around it.