Character Kills instead of Player Kills

Ketamine Kowboy

1 hour ago, Zayyy said:

Yeah, that can always work!  But the question is.. Will they allow this? ?

They won't, well aware of it myself, right now the server is not close to the standard of RP needed for a functional CK only system. Plus, like others have said before it would cost a lot of active players. For now, it's a Utopian fantasy 

Edited by Lmao

Reason why death is such a big thing on GTAW or any RP server is because of the scale of the world. It's smaller, if someone wrongs your character it's almost certain that you will end up running into them again. While in real life if the person is a stranger you will probably never see them again and forget their face within 24 hours. The condensed scale of the roleplay world simply creates situations at an accelerated pace. Which means that conflict between people has a higher chance of happening. Smaller map = less space for criminals to operate in creating higher chances of rubbing shoulders and clash of ego's which leads to more conflict.

Full on CK's will never happen. Currently every faction has CK rights on their members, people who do not show fear RP are also subjected to be CKed, if someone has really wronged you then a CK app can be made.

If people are saying that murder should mean much more and there should be a HUGE list of reasons to murder someone then if you decide to kill someone that means you have enough reasons to CK them, which at this point you can just submit a CK app and you still reach your goal.

So I really don't see an issue.

The only real issue is pk's between factions during wars.

Edited by shiroq

Admittedly, it is also possible to be the change desired. If you believe any death should be a CK, take the initiative and demonstrate how it is better by enacting your suggestion as a personal policy - the next time someone kills your character, opt to declare it a CK then and there. The results should be interesting to see, and may even lend so additional credibility to warrant considering the proposal more.

2 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Admittedly, it is also possible to be the change desired. If you believe any death should be a CK, take the initiative and demonstrate how it is better by enacting your suggestion as a personal policy - the next time someone kills your character, opt to declare it a CK then and there. The results should be interesting to see, and may even lend so additional credibility to warrant considering the proposal more.

Was intending on doing so, will update with a SS if/when my character gets killed.

Lol.
I've seen servers come up and die within two weeks with auto PK rules (Permanent-Kill, same thing as a CK). These rules in my experience are often heavily abused and more or less make players less likely to take action. The overall conduct and general attitude players I've seen on GTAW lead me to believe it'd be no different. After all, there's always a player report that bemoans someone for not groveling and pissing their pants for FearRP.

Big fat no, this idea is just meaningless and serves absolutely no one.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 3
5 hours ago, shiroq said:

Full on CK's will never happen. Currently every faction has CK rights on their members, people who do not show fear RP are also subjected to be CKed, if someone has really wronged you then a CK app can be made.

If people are saying that murder should mean much more and there should be a HUGE list of reasons to murder someone then if you decide to kill someone that means you have enough reasons to CK them, which at this point you can just submit a CK app and you still reach your goal.

So I really don't see an issue.

Exactly what I was about to say. Current system's fine imo. I never had any problems whatsoever with PK's since I've been on the server. If I PK'd somebody, the history's dead and we move on with our characters. If it's mandatory that I actually kill somebody, I'd follow through with a CK app. A lot of it just bubbles down to common sense, which a lot of people on the server seemingly doesn't have.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, DLimit said:

A P.K. should prohibit that character from playing for a day in order to R.P. receiving medical treatment in the hospital. Wanted a deterrent? There you go.

How exactly does it help the server to have fewer players?

When you get PKed you don't go to the hospital, your dead character is replaced by a nameless NPC.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 1