Character Kills instead of Player Kills

Ketamine Kowboy

6 hours ago, Shekh said:

Arent paying attention? That’s not “abusing” anything, who would want you focused on them when initiating an attack.

Also this isnt a voice rp server, obviously text has limitations such as being shot or robbed while typing. Your character is still there ICly when typing or in a anim,

it’s not free pass from being shot or robbed.

Actually, it's infringing the common courtesy rule as one should at least provide players with ample time to respond or react to a situation before enforcing any thing upon them, unless it's a surprise attack from behind. Even then, a reaction would be decent from the victim of the assault.

4 hours ago, Subeh said:

A community I played at employed a fairly good system when it came to this and I think it's pretty simple; negligence. If you do something on your character that is otherwise intentionally placing them in harms way, is generally reckless or you otherwise instigate something that ends your character's life, then you are entitled to a CK and it's irreversible. (This sort of thing ranges from, say; acts of heroism, failing to comply during robberies etc, so on.)

When you suddenly start enforcing CK's for every single death, you make people too scared to venture into certain lines of RP, and it makes character development less incentivising when you can die despite doing nothing reckless or warranted with your character.

Enforcing CK's as a standard would be a large mistake and I think most would agree.

The thing you also have to ask yourself is; is it worth it? Is it really worth that tiny bit of immersion?  I don't think it is. I don't see the fairness in killing off someone's hard work for a shitty reason just so the killer/surrounding people can have a tiny bit more immersion. It's a simple answer; when someone's PK'd, the person who got killed is just some unnamed person (or, toss a random name on'em if you like.) and the person who received the PK has no knowledge of it whatsoever, and forgets relevant information.

I think this is a fair assessment.  The issue with forcing people to CK their character against their will can lead the user to also be demotivated.  It should be used in rare cases without the consent of the other player.  From the legal side of roleplay, it should only be done by the courts for rare circumstances that would warrant "life in prison".  From the illegal side of forcing a player to CK, it should be weighed by an administrator in my opinion.  I also believe that when you force a person to CK, they should also be given a name-change should they wish. 

Hey, we playing normal like some pussies here or we switching to hardcore? GTA:W, you roleplay a character. You roleplay a life. May be completely different from your own life, but you roleplay a life. I don't know about you, but getting shot in the brain is getting shot in the brain. You're dead. Let's use that logic...? So people don't go getting shot in the head?

That being said, I agree! Please leave   a    liky if u like

Everything have pros and cons. PK's it's not bad, because I will not die in random gang war or event - it's like someone else die not me, but you don't play any injuries. If it will be not PK's only CK's - it can be something new (random shooting and you can die, players will take care of their characters, can add a lot of flavors to the game and it can be like watching Narcos, Gommorah etc series, but if you will be play injuries all fucking time, it's will be worst than PK's - on one server in my country it is)

PK's shouldn't be removed, but CKs need to be more frequent. IMO admins should ask two factions having a war about who is willing to CK and who is not. Those who are willing to CK should be allowed to carry out attacks on enemy faction, those who don't shouldn't get involved in any circumstances unless it's a turf defence. And if they pull out a weapon during an attack on their turf and get killed while defending their territory, they should be CKed as well. Also those people who CK their enemies should face the consequence of life in prison (which is basically CK as well unless willing to roleplay in prison). This would be good for PD as well, we'd see some good investigations, murder weapons being found etc.

Also these types of CKs would be good for the development of factions as well, death of leaders would cause others to step up in their place, creating a constant power vacuum. 

Edited by Fibberic

While I do agree that CKs should happen more (any death that's in front of your main RP acquaintances for that character or meaningful death etc should always be a CK IMO), people on GTAW kill for the dumbest reasons and I've witnessed it time and time again. A lot of people take roleplay entirely out of character even when they say they don't and it's seen in their actions. Whether it's a rival gang member getting up in their feelings OOC treating shit like they're actually in the gang or some dumb shit or random stupidity in the civilian world like "hurrdurr u cheated on my char fuck u cunt" etc, you get the point. It's not easy to just be like "ah fuck it every death's a CK" because it would cause WAY too much chaos. Shit's toxic as is, add in the fact that people will literally target you oocly cause they don't like you and find any reason they can ICly to kill you? Yeah. Problem.

Given, that wouldn't be the /main/ happening I understand that, but it would be happening. Imho it's one of the main reasons why PKs are there, they kinda slow/inhibit that problem, just very sloppily. A PK is harmless. Woo, you lose whatever RP you were just doing which is usually meaningless in most cases. If a player's PKed in front of their main peeps and just go right back to RPing with them and forgetting that happened, then it's weird and typically questionable at best, most of the "hardcore" rpers if you want to call it that that I've met would more often than not CK in that type of situation or just quit the character since it'd be a weird shitty plot hole to continue it. It says something about their standards if they want to continue after that. (I understand character attachment etc, but imo if you get your character killed it should be a CK)

Also one of the big issues with this that I'll use as an example: Gang members on Facebrowser going out of their way to pick fights with civilian/legal characters cause of some weird ooc spite 90% of the time just so they can have a reason to fight/kill them. Most of the time it doesn't really go anywhere, but I guarantee a portion at the very least of those types of people would actually go do something if it meant they could potentially CK that person and piss them off OOCly. A lot of GTA RP is fueled by making people mad OOC, especially in the gang rp world (arguing that is pointless, I witness it constantly and other people do as well, everyone knows it). It's easy to say "oh just ignore them and that wont happen brotater chip", but  the fact that it's even happening is goofy as fuck. Gang members don't go around randomly provoking people they don't even know on social media, your ooc distaste for something shouldn't guide your character to do some dumb shit like that whether it's some menyoo thottery or one of those edgelord pages with cryptic posts like they're some FB hacker or some shit. That would be a huge issue if it was a no-PK, all-CK environment on the server.

It'd be cool to see something like that actually work and flow easily, but I think the RP standards would have to skyrocket and ooc mindsets mature like hell if it were to ever actually work. Admins can only do so much, forcing them to have to deal with this kind of shit just cause it's a cool idea in part of the playerbase's mind is a bad idea personally.

TL:DR; I love the idea of no PKs only CKs, but it would cause more trouble than it's worth because of the state of not just GTAW's rp but GTA RP in general, since the same problems exist on all the servers IMO. It's a pipe dream that it would actually work and maintain a high playerbase.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
On 2/12/2020 at 1:53 AM, Jura said:

Completely agree. PK's greatly ruin the immersion and it causes players to not fear their characters life which is what the server is trying to portray.

Although if PK's were to no longer be a thing, the CK rules may need to be revisited and reworked as it does seem like quite a few CK's happen on the server, whether they're self-inflicted or not.

Not entirely sure how often they're accepted by admins though. Maybe an admin could comment, as I honestly don't know how often a CK app is accepted.

this but i don't think Nervous will let this happen. people might go mad and leave the server if their character gets killed or w/e

that would also make the server monthly income low if players start leavin

this change is needed tho

Edited by Zayyy
10 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

this but i don't think Nervous will let this happen. people might go mad and leave the server if their character gets killed or w/e

that would also make the server monthly income low if players start leavin

this change is needed tho

What happens if a situation happened where two or more people were in a gun fight that resulted in an admin situation, this system can not be automatic. Meaning an admin has to decide if it's PK or CK, which will add more work to what Admins do now.

35 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

What happens if a situation happened where two or more people were in a gun fight that resulted in an admin situation, this system can not be automatic. Meaning an admin has to decide if it's PK or CK, which will add more work to what Admins do now.

Yeah, that can always work!  But the question is.. Will they allow this? ?