Character Kills instead of Player Kills

Ketamine Kowboy

PKs are very messy to deal with, awkward, and really do break the flow of roleplay. I understand why they exist and why they might be needed (people being gung-ho to sport their guns and kill over the stupidest of reasons) Is it realistic that people die every day and for stupid reasons? Yes. But personally there's a line that needs to be drawn between roleplay and realism.

Personally I would like to see PKs done with, but it would involve a complete rework on how people roleplay and escalate violence. Pretty sure most people wouldn't want their chars CKed over a simple robbery gone wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I'm very sympathetic to the idea but it would take a lot of other reforms in various fields to balance the whole thing out. And in the end it would still just diminish the player base.

Scenario: If im robbing someone with a gun and some random asshole comes and saves them and shoots me

should I be PK’ed? Yes, it happened, I’ll deal with it. Lost a gun but not my character.

Should I be CK’ed? No. If my developed character got permenantly killed by some vigilante i’d literally quit the server and so would anyone else this is forced upon

Your point is: PK’s are messy to deal with. Having admins need to research every death to make sure it’s good enough for ck and making them only for specific situations (as you said robberies gone sour shouldnt be a ck) is literally 10x more complicated and “messy to deal with”.

Keep it how it is imo. Literally a system with no flaws. Servers like owlgaming back on gta sa that where ck only all changed to pks because they realised it is a bad idea, why would we go in reverse?

Very very very, very tricky. Let's say if this would get introduced, any PK transforms into CK - you couldn't do it scriptwise, because people bug out and there's also DM'ers and such, meaning that it couldn't be done scriptly and admins would have to check the legitimacy of every single kill themselves. My opinion is very simple - would it be fun? Yes. Would it be efficient? No. CK apps brings this close enough.

50 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Scenario: If im robbing someone with a gun and some random asshole comes and saves them and shoots me

should I be PK’ed? Yes, it happened, I’ll deal with it. Lost a gun but not my character.

Should I be CK’ed? No. If my developed character got permenantly killed by some vigilante i’d literally quit the server and so would anyone else this is forced upon

Your point is: PK’s are messy to deal with. Having admins need to research every death to make sure it’s good enough for ck and making them only for specific situations (as you said robberies gone sour shouldnt be a ck) is literally 10x more complicated and “messy to deal with”.

Keep it how it is imo. Literally a system with no flaws. Servers like owlgaming back on gta sa that where ck only all changed to pks because they realised it is a bad idea, why would we go in reverse?

I mean honestly? I would have no issues with that being a CK, if I put yourself in a vulnerable position and got shot and killed within the context you described and this CK rule was in place, I would not complain. If I was the one getting robbed and got shot in the crossfire, I would not be happy about it, but I would accept it. 

PK's being messy is not my main point, it is part of one of many points. I understand where you are coming from, and I am not going to say that you are wrong because you are correct, in saying:

48 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Not to mention nobody wants this. If we did a vote I garuntee you 90% would vote no on this. 

Even faction related stuff shouldnt only be ck. Not one faction wants that, it takes away from the fun aspect of the game

but I just honestly think that people especially factions, need to realize that PK wars are very much pointless, it is never used properly, at least not from what I have seen, and it is just A goes to B with a firearm, commonly an automatic, B shoots A. Rinse, and repeat. In certain contexts, a PK would make a lot more sense, I agree with you on that. 

50 minutes ago, Max3 said:

I'd rather not lose my character and all of my development over something that in no way warrants a CK.

I mean, I don't think anyone wants to die if I am being honest with you; I know that's not a valid argument, I am just bringing forth a point. If you are aware that if you die, you get CKed, I think most people would RP a much more realistic aspect of fear, that being the fear of death. At the moment, a lot of people just seem to RP fear because it says they have to in the rules, not because of anything else. I do appreciate the points being brought forward, and it is nice seeing the other side of the fence when it comes to this.

Edited by Lmao
2 minutes ago, Daylong said:

Very very very, very tricky. Let's say if this would get introduced, any PK transforms into CK - you couldn't do it scriptwise, because people bug out and there's also DM'ers and such, meaning that it couldn't be done scriptly and admins would have to check the legitimacy of every single kill themselves. My opinion is very simple - would it be fun? Yes. Would it be efficient? No. CK apps brings this close enough.

Also, a very valid point, the sync and semi-active DM community on the server is in large part the reason as to why it would not work with the current state of the server, I am by no means implying it would. Just generally speaking about the point to be made from it. 

Edited by Lmao
tired brain
  • Upvote 1