Character Kills instead of Player Kills

Ketamine Kowboy

Just now, Smonk said:

If your friends are roleplaying like they witnessed you died you should just take a CK. People ignore CKs and never count it as you dying, it's how it's been from day one. They just forget it happened and treat it as if it were a random so it doesn't destroy the RP since it's not a CK. Nobody sits there and goes "OH MY GOD I JUST WATCHED JOSE DIE FOOL THEY GOT JOSE" and then you're back on the block 10 mins later and they're like "damn foo i thought they killed you" lol. PKs infront of your friends just kinda fade away into nothing and are treated as if it wasn't actually you, then just forgotten about so it doesn't come up randomly, that's how the majority of people go about it because it's a stupid plot hole that it was a PK and that makes it a little less stupid to have to deal with.

This is also why I dislike PKs, much like you said, if you get gunned down in front of your friends, then approach them 30 minutes later after the NLR time limit has been reached and know them as if nothing happened, it is pretty immersion-breaking. 

Just now, DLimit said:

But, it's better to wake up and approach your friends, whom had witnessed your death, perfectly fine as-if nothing happened.

The C.K. method would lower the player-count, drastically.

Keep it how it is then. And yes it is better, as they obviously shouldn’t rp you being dead. It isn’t a CK, so you’re still alive

for your friend. The only person a pk aftermath should be rped for is the opposing party that did the murder.

getting killed, having the situation voided and going back to normal 

or: getting killed, be it a shotgun to the face, head chopped off or stabbed in the eyes several times, but then you leave the hospital with amnesia and everythings back to normal

which makes more sense to you? PK’s are not permenant so shouldn’t be rped in depth by the person PKed, but still thats not what the original post was about so 

Just now, Shekh said:

Keep it how it is then. And yes it is better, as they obviously shouldn’t rp you being dead. It isn’t a CK, so you’re still alive

for your friend. The only person a pk aftermath should be rped for is the opposing party that did the murder.

getting killed, having the situation voided and going back to normal 

or: getting killed, be it a shotgun to the face, head chopped off or stabbed in the eyes several times, but then you leave the hospital with amnesia and everythings back to normal

which makes more sense to you? PK’s are not permenant so shouldn’t be rped in depth by the person PKed, but still thats not what the original post was about so 

How about being shot in the toe, ten times, until you are dead, only to for an E.M.S. to arrive and take you to the hospital?

People pass out or faint from the trauma, which is why amnesia could occur to a certain degree.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, Lmao said:

This is also why I dislike PKs, much like you said, if you get gunned down in front of your friends, then approach them 30 minutes later after the NLR time limit has been reached and know them as if nothing happened, it is pretty immersion-breaking. 

Agreed, it's always been a stupid side effect of PKing being a thing in servers but it's a necessary evil to have a successful server for this kinda stuff sadly. Not many people want every single aspect to be super immersive and realistic. Needs balance to work out cause even a lot of good roleplayers don't like the idea of having to CK (which I understand, like I said in my 1st post, character attachment).

Those saying this breaks immersion

1. U get amnesia after a pk but still somehow wierdly survive - breaks immersion way more for all partys involved imo

2. current system - is kinda immersion breaking but this is one of the limitstions of rp, and it is necessary to have this factor so that the game stays fun, this is also how it has also been so people like it more

or 3. Ck for every death, even though we have a perfectly fine ck system that works fine in place. Will 100% lower the playerbase by half within the next months

Just now, DLimit said:

How about being shot in the toe, ten times, until you are dead, only to for an E.M.S. to arrive and take you to the hospital?

You wouldn't be roleplaying dead from having your toe shot off lmao. That wouldn't even count as a PK as you'd be treated and revived unless you bled out and eventually died which is probably unlikely.

Just now, DLimit said:

People pass out or faint from the trauma, which is why amnesia could occur to a certain degree.

“Why amnesia COULD occur to a CERTAIN degree”

you’re claiming they should have amnesia for everything, even if i rp beheading you the doctors somehow sow your head on and you get amnesia.

also how can you get shot in the toe ten times? Your toe will explode into mush after like three shots, so the only way you could die is blood loss. So EMS should still be able to save u in that situation

Just now, Smonk said:

Agreed, it's always been a stupid side effect of PKing being a thing in servers but it's a necessary evil to have a successful server for this kinda stuff sadly. Not many people want every single aspect to be super immersive and realistic. Needs balance to work out cause even a lot of good roleplayers don't like the idea of having to CK (which I understand, like I said in my 1st post, character attachment).

Yeah, I fully understand that. I myself avoid getting attached to my characters but if you've RPed on for so long it is kinda hard not to get attached in one way or another. The biggest issue though is people who self-insert themselves, and therefore a simple CK becomes a huge issue and usually ends with feelings hurt OOC. 

2 minutes ago, Smonk said:

This summed up everything i believe tbh. This is the sole reason this isn’t in the suggestion forums as it will never happen. I am just trying to explain to people why if it did happen, it would be a bad idea.

Just now, Shekh said:

“Why amnesia COULD occur to a CERTAIN degree”

you’re claiming they should have amnesia for everything, even if i rp beheading you the doctors somehow sow your head on and you get amnesia.

also how can you get shot in the toe ten times? Your toe will explode into mush after like three shots, so the only way you could die is blood loss. So EMS should still be able to save u in that situation

I never claimed that a beheading would lead to amnesia. 

I am referring to a situation in-which, mechanically, a person shot another person in the toe, ten times, without any head shots or torso shots. It'd be a "PK", as the character dies mechanically.