Character Kills instead of Player Kills

Ketamine Kowboy

12 minutes ago, DLimit said:

A P.K. should prohibit that character from playing for a day in order to R.P. receiving medical treatment in the hospital. Wanted a deterrent? There you go.

This thing, shouldn't be applied only to PK's though, but also to severe accidents that end up with player being transported by ambulance to hospital.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

How exactly does it help the server to have fewer players?

When you get PKed you don't go to the hospital, your dead character is replaced by a nameless NPC.

It's only a day. Individuals are capable of playing on an alt during that time period.

12 hours ago, Smonk said:

While I do agree that CKs should happen more (any death that's in front of your main RP acquaintances for that character or meaningful death etc should always be a CK IMO), people on GTAW kill for the dumbest reasons and I've witnessed it time and time again. A lot of people take roleplay entirely out of character even when they say they don't and it's seen in their actions. Whether it's a rival gang member getting up in their feelings OOC treating shit like they're actually in the gang or some dumb shit or random stupidity in the civilian world like "hurrdurr u cheated on my char fuck u cunt" etc, you get the point. It's not easy to just be like "ah fuck it every death's a CK" because it would cause WAY too much chaos. Shit's toxic as is, add in the fact that people will literally target you oocly cause they don't like you and find any reason they can ICly to kill you? Yeah. Problem.

Given, that wouldn't be the /main/ happening I understand that, but it would be happening. Imho it's one of the main reasons why PKs are there, they kinda slow/inhibit that problem, just very sloppily. A PK is harmless. Woo, you lose whatever RP you were just doing which is usually meaningless in most cases. If a player's PKed in front of their main peeps and just go right back to RPing with them and forgetting that happened, then it's weird and typically questionable at best, most of the "hardcore" rpers if you want to call it that that I've met would more often than not CK in that type of situation or just quit the character since it'd be a weird shitty plot hole to continue it. It says something about their standards if they want to continue after that. (I understand character attachment etc, but imo if you get your character killed it should be a CK)

Also one of the big issues with this that I'll use as an example: Gang members on Facebrowser going out of their way to pick fights with civilian/legal characters cause of some weird ooc spite 90% of the time just so they can have a reason to fight/kill them. Most of the time it doesn't really go anywhere, but I guarantee a portion at the very least of those types of people would actually go do something if it meant they could potentially CK that person and piss them off OOCly. A lot of GTA RP is fueled by making people mad OOC, especially in the gang rp world (arguing that is pointless, I witness it constantly and other people do as well, everyone knows it). It's easy to say "oh just ignore them and that wont happen brotater chip", but  the fact that it's even happening is goofy as fuck. Gang members don't go around randomly provoking people they don't even know on social media, your ooc distaste for something shouldn't guide your character to do some dumb shit like that whether it's some menyoo thottery or one of those edgelord pages with cryptic posts like they're some FB hacker or some shit. That would be a huge issue if it was a no-PK, all-CK environment on the server.

It'd be cool to see something like that actually work and flow easily, but I think the RP standards would have to skyrocket and ooc mindsets mature like hell if it were to ever actually work. Admins can only do so much, forcing them to have to deal with this kind of shit just cause it's a cool idea in part of the playerbase's mind is a bad idea personally.

TL:DR; I love the idea of no PKs only CKs, but it would cause more trouble than it's worth because of the state of not just GTAW's rp but GTA RP in general, since the same problems exist on all the servers IMO. It's a pipe dream that it would actually work and maintain a high playerbase.

I transferred a reaction from Keane’s post here to this post.   The concerns raised about CK abuse are on point.  Well done. 

• Upvote 1

nah lol i get PKed every other week by robbers cause I work at a business. A day off after every PK would really be game breaking to me personally. Even without a day off I'd usually still have to wait for several hours to return to the business anyway cause of the NLR and the aftermath RP of PD still going on. I think it's just fine the way it is 

Edited by Raindance
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, day off after a pk is stupid as fuck. It's a reset. You lose that RP and restart with no memory. There's 0 reason why you should be stuck with post-death consequences from a PK. It just makes it even more of a weird plothole. PKs basically void the RP and count it as a nameless character, so there's absolutely no reason why yours should just magically be gone cause of some OOC lock out of the character post-PK. Wack idea.

Not feasible nor something that will be enjoyed or wanted by the majority of the player base long-term. Money plays a part, also bad role players do too. Killing someone is a huge thing (mentally, in the terms of gangs and just real life, emotionally etc) and I do not feel the majority of people who would partake in that do it well, or to a degree that a character kill should deserve. 

I've always stated that people should take pride and care into their characters, but there's other variables within that which cause problems — sometimes something is good in theory, but bad in practice.

If CKs become the only option after RPly dying, completely removing PKs, I think the qualifications for a CK should be upped and Life Sentences should be added for murder as to instill fear of going to jail for life in case you kill someone, there should defenitely be a balance, because a CK through murder renders the victim not playable ever, it completely finishes their story so why should the murderer get like a few days/weeks in prison instead of a life sentence? Those are my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Radhwan said:

If CKs become the only option after RPly dying, completely removing PKs, I think the qualifications for a CK should be upped and Life Sentences should be added for murder as to instill fear of going to jail for life in case you kill someone, there should defenitely be a balance, because a CK through murder renders the victim not playable ever, it completely finishes their story so why should the murderer get like a few days/weeks in prison instead of a life sentence? Those are my 2 cents.

I 100% agree with you on this, if it were to become a thing, sentences would need to become much more severe.

Edited by Lmao
4 minutes ago, Lmao said:

I 100% agree with you on this, if it were to become a thing, sentences would need to become much more severe.

Also the homicide division in PD must be entitled to pursue every single murder no matter what, which calls for a big-scale forensics script that introduces crime scene prints, bullet casings matching with murder weapon, bullet casings' serial (if they have any), DNA traces on the crime scene, surrounding CCTV footage, witnesses etc..

If all of what I mentioned doesn't get added it's impossible to create the balance needed for a CK-Only environment.

Edited by Radhwan