Character Kills instead of Player Kills

Ketamine Kowboy

This NOT a suggestion to remove PKs, I am just going to state my opinion and I would love others to give theirs.
I believe PKs should not be a thing, they always feel really awkward, and can really ruin roleplay. Only being able to CK upon dying would also make people actually fear their character getting killed and would, in turn, lead to a lot less of people acting as if they are invincible. I won't delve further into it than that.

Discuss it freely down below, and please do not turn this thread into some sort of shaming contest, if you're going to make an example of an instance, don't include the person's name, this is not a witch hunt.

Edited by Lmao
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 3

Completely agree. PK's greatly ruin the immersion and it causes players to not fear their characters life which is what the server is trying to portray.

Although if PK's were to no longer be a thing, the CK rules may need to be revisited and reworked as it does seem like quite a few CK's happen on the server, whether they're self-inflicted or not.

Not entirely sure how often they're accepted by admins though. Maybe an admin could comment, as I honestly don't know how often a CK app is accepted.

Just now, Mitch said:

The problem ultimately faces what's 'worthy' of a CK, shit talking someone, doing xyz, doing something to annoy them in a minor incidence? Then it goes down to the admins to judge each situation with sparce details, which why CK apps are a thing. 

Mhm, I share the same concern. Honestly, that is more of a problem with people's character portrayal and their reasoning to kill. I think that unless the threat of lethal force on someone or bodily harm is done, you can not even begin to consider murdering someone. Murder is thrown around in this community like it was nothing. 

Just now, Lmao said:

Murder is thrown around in this community like it was nothing

Murder is quite literally the last option you go to, but everyone just goes to it and is like "but it happens all the time" (no you dont kill someone for inconveniencing you slightly

• Upvote 1

I hate PK's in general. 
If you die at a random or not so serious scenario, sure PK is fine.
Let's say you get robbed and you don't know the people, it turns sour and you get killed. PK, in that case, would be fine.
BUT if it's faction related, it should never be a PK.

If you die while going versus another faction and you messed up and ended up dying, you should take the consequences and get CK'ed. 
if it's related to war always CK, as people don't give a shit if they get PK'ed out. 
But if they knew this was a CK, they would act less carelessly(( Retarded)) and think about things they do, plan things out.
Fully agree with @Lmao

• Upvote 5
2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Murder is quite literally the last option you go to, but everyone just goes to it and is like "but it happens all the time" (no you dont kill someone for inconveniencing you slightly

Preach, preach. People seem to think that if you step on someone who is criminally connected's shoe that they will come with an AK and gun you down outside of your house. The worst part is that people who commit the murders shrug it off like nothing, be that criminal, civilian or police. The act of murdering another person is one of, if not the worst thing you can do to someone. It is not something you shrug off and say "Okay, time to get coffee then".

Edited by Lmao

The notion that an individual requires a reason and you need to know said reason is asinine. Humans kill for very petty reasons. From shoes to Religions. The issue at hand isn't the reason, but the individual getting murdered. They require a logical explanation for their death and without it they cause a shit-fit for the administrators or claim it was "deathmatch", as goes 9/10 shootings today (PK's included). Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Use the CK application system which was the middle ground in the great "PK/CK" discussion of 2017/2018 (might want to go back and read the old threads). Gang Wars are CK's, or they should be. FM also has the right to turn into a simple conflict into a CK situation if they deem it necessary. 

You won't get a full CK server unless it starts like it and the people joining said server understand that you, as a roleplayer and the character you are portraying can and will eventually become a victim - it's a matter of ratios in the GTA:RP community and the proportions always favor the Cops or the Criminals.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Caporegime said:

The notion that an individual requires a reason and you need to know said reason is asinine. Humans kill for very petty reasons. From shoes to Religions. The issue at hand isn't the reason, but the individual getting murdered. They require a logical explanation for their death and without it they cause a shit-fit for the administrators or claim it was "deathmatch", as goes 9/10 shootings today (PK's included). Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Use the CK application system which was the middle ground in the great "PK/CK" discussion of 2017/2018 (might want to go back and read the old threads). Gang Wars are CK's, or they should be. FM also has the right to turn into a simple conflict into a CK situation if they deem it necessary

You won't get a full CK server unless it starts like it and the people joining said server understand that you, as a roleplayer and the character you are portraying can and will eventually become a victim - it's a matter of ratios in the GTA:RP community and the proportions always favor the Cops or the Criminals.

Well said. I have seen and read the 'great'  CK discussions of 2018, I figured with the flood of new people coming it, it might be worth a shot at getting some more opinions on the matter. Whilst people do kill for petty reasons, I dare say most people do feel regret, guilt or both after killing someone; even if they are of opposing side.  

The constant reporting I agree with you is also an issue, and only allowing CKs would most likely greatly enhance it. There's no denying that. People seem to think that accidental killings are DM as well, let's say A looks similar to B, B is in a gang war, A gets killed by gang-member C because he thought it was B. It is a lot more common than people think, and in gang wars, much like any other wars, there will be collateral damage.