Realism within PD?

1 hour ago, an said:

PD does whatever the fuck they want to do, everything .45 stated is facts. It's becoming a joke, scratch that, it is a joke.  

You what? Have you missed the Police Department and you thread at all? If you had, you would realize that the LSPD has done nothing but seriously attempt to hold itself and it's members accountable for anything it can.

Someone posts a forum thread with zero evidence of x y and z happening, and even though there are clear examples and evidence to the contrary readily available on the forum, you're comfortable calling my faction of 130+ members a joke. You should really rethink your intentions here.

6 hours ago, .45 said:

I'd like to discuss the fact of PD realism as a faction in general. At the moment I'd like to address the points like having air unit for almost every single chase being up in the sky. In reallity using chopper is insanely expensive for departaments and it's being used for high priority chases that involve armed robberies, shootings, etc. Not for ordinary chase. Matter a fact choppers are being seen utilized for the sake of just flying at the moment coming from my sources.

Further on, when is tracing being reworked? It should honestly be disabled for the time being, not only is it bugged as fuck and it doesn't matter if your phone is on or off it also gives exact 1:1 location. It's highly abused by PD it's no secret and half of the time when your phone that is off gets traced UNLESS PD members will agree to void it which is rare case because oh well there are too many people involved you will lose the situation. Moving on, tracing is being used 24/7 just like choppers for any situation, while once again in reallity PD will need a warrant and detectives with needed equipment involved for that, which takes weeks to months to be organized if even deemed to be prioritized.

Another thing is using 40 MIKE MIKE aka non lethal rubber shotgun to gun down people off their bikes at w/e speed just because script will instantly drop you off it. Why is it allowed, and if addressed don't say that it's an IC issue, it's clearly not an IC issue, not a single cop would gun somebody off the bike when it goes 60mph when it's not an active threat.

Some of this been brought up long, long time ago and I remember specifically staff saying that tracing is OP asf and will be re-done, but yet we're still here with same old stuff?

Yes, helicopters are insanely expensive. But as has been covered many times before, we're not portraying a small town police department, we're a police department covering a metropolis. The department we base ourselves off of has access to these assets twenty four seven, and beyond that, the helicopter mitigates a lot of gameplay issues we would otherwise require unrealistic assets for to deal with.

''It's highly abused by PD it's no secret'' pardon? You're saying that based on what? If you could point out even a single situation since the inception of the server where any of my faction members were punished for misuse of /trace commands, then please feel free to do so. I don't believe it's ever happened. The rules and regulations on tracing are strict. Tracing is not used 24/7 because the people that are allowed to use trace aren't even there 24/7. Beyond that, tracing is heavily restricted specifically for pursuits because I don't want my faction members to trace someone who's been lost in a pursuit if all they were doing is evading and nothing else. It's a gameplay concession OOC rule type of thing I've been enforcing since I've been in this faction's leadership team. Don't confuse the skill of my faction members and level of training internally with them using /trace for an easy capture.

Also uh. ''Moving on, tracing is being used 24/7 just like choppers for any situation, while once again in reallity PD will need a warrant and detectives with needed equipment involved for that, which takes weeks to months to be organized if even deemed to be prioritized.''

Not really, no. Afaik irl it's as simple as putting in a call and asking for a phone number to be traced. I don't think you know how phone tracing works.

''Another thing is using 40 MIKE MIKE aka non lethal rubber shotgun to gun down people off their bikes at w/e speed just because script will instantly drop you off it. Why is it allowed, and if addressed don't say that it's an IC issue, it's clearly not an IC issue, not a single cop would gun somebody off the bike when it goes 60mph when it's not an active threat.''

I agree with you. That's why it's not allowed unless at extremely low speeds. That rule has been set for the past year. My faction members are individual players like you and me. If they break those rules, you should report them. Also uh. Little nitpicky, but the 40mm less lethal / less then lethal shotgun are not the same weapon. We don't have 40mm's in the game.

--

If you genuinely feel like these issues are there, this is the first time I'm hearing of them in that context. I urge you to reach out to me on forum DM's or on discord and to explain what you feel is going wrong and why it is going wrong, because at the moment this thread seems to serve nothing but antagonizing one party or another. I'm more then happy to chat about this and see where I can help out.

Edited by Big_Smokes
  • Upvote 1

Nice to see as per usual a discussion about the LSPD has to turn into faction bashing by criminal roleplayers.

Smokey and High Command dedicated a lot of OOC time to ensuring that the faction is upheld to it's highest possibilities. Even recently holding a Chief's hour so members of the faction could come and ask questions/relay concerns - this was posted publicly for not only members of the LSPD but the entire community. They're actively taking suggestions and actually listening to what it's members want - and I have never had a problem if I have wanted to raise a concern or ask a question, they're extremely open to comments and feedback as, believe it or not, we're all apart of a community that share the same passion for role-play and /want/ to see GTA:W thrive.

I think it's massively disrespectful towards the hard work and dedication that has been put into the faction by members of the community who have clearly been on the wrong side of the law or have very little knowledge about the inner-workings of the faction. Instead of trying to undermine the efforts, concerns and commitment that the High Command members and the whole faction in general put into establishing the LSPD as an incredibly realistic portrayal of law enforcement (Within game limitations). - why not use the appropriate channels to vent your frustrations? 

Smokey has said time and time again, should you have a concern with a member or anything - his PM's are open. Instead of creating threads, which are incredibly under-researched or misguided and ALWAYS unnecessarily descend into "Fuck Twelve" - there's a big LSPD thread entitled "The Police Department and You" that should be used instead.

Edited by ashlyii

I find it hillarious how some of the people have their own reality and would use anything they disagree on as a reason to complain. Both sides, legal and illegal, have their flaws but the problem is the mindset that they have sometimes. The play to win, the my character is a badass and the list can go on and on.

1 hour ago, SULLI said:

I'd like to ask where this evidence is regarding LSPD fielding AIR units 24/7 too and for EVERY chase because I know, for a fact, we find it hard to even get an AIR unit to respond in most cases due to it being one of the least popular divisions right now. Evasion flying is a skill you need to actually learn, while updating the units below. It's not easy so therefore not many people have confidence to do it. One helicopter, doing a patrol for two hours or being deployed for a pursuit, is NOT breaking the bank.

You said it yourself like a few pages back?

5 hours ago, SULLI said:

Utilized for the sake of flying. You mean?.... Patrolling? Yes. We do in fact patrol in AIR. LAPD Air support has two choppers up on a two hour rotation almost 24/7. They respond to whatever they want to. They are also used as a deterrent to crime. You've probably seen us above and gone.. "Gosh darn. A helicopter. I can't do crime while it's watching me!" That is exactly why it's there. Feel free to go watch LAPD Air Support videos on YouTube. Lots of great information on there regarding their usage. 

Edited by my_g
  • Cara locked this topic