Realism within PD?

2 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

No no no. We're RPing a metropolitan city. We're not RPing a ghost town. So you can't even call realism here. Because literally nobody mentions the fact that we as players are living in a mostly unutilized space. But all of the sudden "oH iT's NoT rEaLiStIc ThEy UsE hEliCoPtErS bEcAuSe SmAlL pOpUlAtIoN" 

This is where you are mixing RP with OOC balance of a game server. If we are rping a metropolitan city then why are organised crime figures dealing with 200-1000 grams of cocaine? Why are there limits of firearms that can be received monthly. Why cant I spend 1mil on coke and turn a profit on it and make it to 1.5 mil and that's not even a lot compared to real life standards. Instead we deal with small amounts, small profit margins unless you're a supplier and it's all done mostly for the rp which is fine but don't tell me that we are supposed to go by what IRL is and ignore server balance.

Just now, SpartanofSparta said:

I mean, I can make the suggestion with the Judiciary in a meeting we're having later. If you guys really want this...

I'm not really sure why isn't it a thing? One time is fine, two times sure it's alright but I am pretty sure there are cases of people evading over and over on a daily basis racking up those charges because they love the chase. If you are willing to do the crime, be ready to do the time simple...

8 minutes ago, SpartanofSparta said:

I mean, I can make the suggestion with the Judiciary in a meeting we're having later. If you guys really want this...

I've genuinely seen more people evade than I've seen stop, and I'm not even in the PD. Surprisingly, it's always the "street racing" groups that lack the portrayal of actual "street racers". Having their cars crushed would be very sweet to see.

4 minutes ago, shiroq said:

This is where you are mixing RP with OOC balance of a game server. If we are rping a metropolitan city then why are organised crime figures dealing with 200-1000 grams of cocaine? Why are there limits of firearms that can be received monthly. Why cant I spend 1mil on coke and turn a profit on it and make it to 1.5 mil and that's not even a lot compared to real life standards. Instead we deal with small amounts, small profit margins unless you're a supplier and it's all done mostly for the rp which is fine but don't tell me that we are supposed to go by what IRL is and ignore server balance.

I'm not really sure why isn't it a thing? One time is fine, two times sure it's alright but I am pretty sure there are cases of people evading over and over on a daily basis racking up those charges because they love the chase. If you are willing to do the crime, be ready to do the time simple...

I agree, if a person does it repetitively and more than 3 times, catch his ass, take away his asset. That shit happens IRL.

Just now, shiroq said:

Then if you're a criminal, bring it up with FM. They're the ones who are governing the drugs and guns. I agree with you. If you're the big criminal king pin that you're saying you are, you should 100% be able to. That opens up a ton more RP for you guys and raises the bar exponentially for you to get caught. If you're a good criminal, then you won't. If you're not, then you will. But implying things like it's not fair that you don't get the money you think you deserve and PD gets round the clock helicopter patrols is not the same thing. I promise you the number of times that the guys who gotta live their life a quarter mile at a time and burn off on a simple traffic stop is exponentially higher than what would be deemed even remotely realistic. So if you want to go back to balance? Fine, I'll go right there with you.

5 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Then if you're a criminal, bring it up with FM. They're the ones who are governing the drugs and guns. I agree with you. If you're the big criminal king pin that you're saying you are, you should 100% be able to. That opens up a ton more RP for you guys and raises the bar exponentially for you to get caught. If you're a good criminal, then you won't. If you're not, then you will. But implying things like it's not fair that you don't get the money you think you deserve and PD gets round the clock helicopter patrols is not the same thing. I promise you the number of times that the guys who gotta live their life a quarter mile at a time and burn off on a simple traffic stop is exponentially higher than what would be deemed even remotely realistic. So if you want to go back to balance? Fine, I'll go right there with you.

And this is where demand comes in, there simply isn't enough drug users to support huge amounts of drugs and this is where the actual population of the server comes in. It's simply how the economy is, only weapons are always in demand due to the amount of shootings and arrests happening and people always losing guns. You can't have full on realism in RP servers have to consider the gameplay balance and the suggestion I made above about crushing repeat evaders vehicles is where my offer for balance on this topic  comes in. If people start losing 200-700k worth vehicles they will start thinking twice before doing stupid things again or simply will just change their roleplay for the better.

Edited by shiroq

I'd like to ask where this evidence is regarding LSPD fielding AIR units 24/7 too and for EVERY chase because I know, for a fact, we find it hard to even get an AIR unit to respond in most cases due to it being one of the least popular divisions right now. Evasion flying is a skill you need to actually learn, while updating the units below. It's not easy so therefore not many people have confidence to do it. One helicopter, doing a patrol for two hours or being deployed for a pursuit, is NOT breaking the bank.

A small comment here to say that Aviation Fuel for Helicopters such as Aviation kerosene isn't that expensive to a department like the LSPD, from a bit of searching it can range from $5.92 per US gallon all the way up to  170.8 Cents (US dollars) per Gallon (2015)  and LAPD use

Eurocopter AS350 Écureuil for their fleets (10x) which have a maximum capacity of 142 gallons. 

Edited by Mitch
  • Upvote 1

Just now, shiroq said:

and this is where demand comes in, there simply isn't enough drug users to support huge amounts of drugs and this is where the actual population of the server comes in. It's simply how the economy is, only weapons are always in demand due to the amount of shootings and arrests happening and people always losing guns. You can't have full on realism in RP servers have to consider the gameplay balance and the suggestion I made above about crushing repeat evaders vehicles is where my offer for balance comes in. If people start losing 200-700k worth vehicles they will start thinking twice before doing stupid things again or simply will just change their roleplay for the better.

And this goes back to something simple. How do you think the PD is going to catch these cars for crushing them? It's a necessary tool. Because they can put out warrants all day, but they're just gonna keep running. Catching them then and there is generally the best strategy.

Can't quote @SaintBatemanofWallStreet's post for some reason. As a little aside, a while ago there was a duo that constantly evaded. We had warrants on them, but because they just drove around like it was GTA:O and never actually roleplayed (yes, they were PLMed), it was next to impossible to catch them. Introduce: the Insurgent.

Spoiler

Image result for lenco bearcat lapd

This bad boy was used to pin their car against a wall so they could not escape.

They then threatened to report the officers involved because it was "unrealistic to use a Bearcat to stop a car from evading". How do we execute that warrant?

e: let me clarify this a little. almost every method we use to catch people is seen as unfair. what can "we" being the community do to make this fair for both parties

Edited by Westen
  • Cara locked this topic