Realism within PD?

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

Cause I personally had an incident where a cruiser ran into my car while it was mid chase of someone, and drove off. You think it is realistic? I don't. You don't ram your car and almost T Bone another car and just like that drive off as if nothing happened.

Take it IC and sue the PD or take it OOC and make a player report on the forums. I'm not sure what this has to do with insurance or the fact we're Exempt of it.

Just now, shiroq said:

That's fine but we have to look at the scales here. Let's say we have a population of 200-250 citizens and 50+ or so government characters on a very active day. You can easily say that at least a 100 or 150 of those citizens are criminals, because that's just how it is people like to rp things they can't do irl so criminals will always be more popular than civilians. So it's just not that realistic that the helicopter gets taken out at every given chance just by simple comparison of the scale. Helicopters are really expensive it should be reflected on the size of our community when one gets taken out. There should be some sort of fee for PD where the higher ups would have to question the decision making of taking a helicopter out. Was it really worth it to get a helicopter out and have wasted all of that money?

No no no. We're RPing a metropolitan city. We're not RPing a ghost town. So you can't even call realism here. Because literally nobody mentions the fact that we as players are living in a mostly unutilized space. But all of the sudden "oH iT's NoT rEaLiStIc ThEy UsE hEliCoPtErS bEcAuSe SmAlL pOpUlAtIoN"

3 minutes ago, Westen said:

But then that ties into something else - evasion. The majority of times a helicopter is requested because Jimbob Cletus in his Pariah thinks it's a good idea to evade the cops for a simple failure to yield ticket. Police, being the police, cannot afford department issued Pariahs, and thus, require an airship to maintain visual.

Then it's simply an issue of poor roleplay, poor character portrayal and pay to win attitude. Severe cases and repeat offenders should just have their pariahs crushed and there goes their 700k asset.

I have been rping an organised crime characters for almost a year now and I have never ran from the police because it never made sense it was unrealistic to run no matter the circumstances and also I never been in a situation that would have had me run. People that constantly evade police for unrealistic reasons should be punished icly and oocly for it with the IC punishment of scrapping cars probably being the most effective one

Edited by shiroq

I'm going over and reading the responses, and my jaw is lowered. Helicopters are some of the best deterrents any police force can have.

2. explain the logic. Insurances goes to gov, gov gives money to pd, pd spends some of that money on insurances, which goes to gov... There's something inherently flawed in that idea. So instead, logically people created the SAEXMPT, which means any government agency doesn't have to go through a cycle.

Tracing its wildly done IRL, if you want realism then i will be happy to see you write up a suggestion allowing us to be able to wiretap peoples complete text and call history, and even listen in!

any other points?

?

Just now, shiroq said:

Then it's simply an issue of poor roleplay, poor character portrayal and pay to win attitude. Severe cases and repeat offenders should just have their pariahs crushed and there goes their 700k asset.

I have been rping an Organised crime characters for almost a year now and I have never ran from the police because it never made sense it was unrealistic to run no matter the circumstances. People that constantly evade police for unrealistic reasons should be punished icly and oocly for it with the IC punishment of scrapping cars probably being the most effective one

I agree with this.

1 minute ago, shiroq said:

I have been rping an Organised crime characters for almost a year now and I have never ran from the police because it never made sense it was unrealistic to run no matter the circumstances. People that constantly evade police for unrealistic reasons should be punished icly and oocly for it with the IC punishment of scrapping cars probably being the most effective one

Whilst this would be the ideal solution, we can only crush cars that are unregistered. I don't know how PLM works.

With regards to the helicopters, I'm like, 90% sure that (assuming LSPD is loosely based on LAPD) when an officer needs help call goes out, they request backup, an airship and a supervisor (hence the change in policy in the LSPD requiring US to do so too)

Just now, SpartanofSparta said:

I mean, I can make the suggestion with the Judiciary in a meeting we're having later. If you guys really want this...

Repeat offenders yes. By repeat I mean like first offense a major ticket, second offense is double or triple first ticket, third offense he's out of a Pariah. I personally never evade, I prefer to reduce the hassle for myself with PD.

• Cara locked this topic