Realism within PD?

6 minutes ago, .45 said:

At yet again you show the exact same mindset most of the faction shares, instead of going like this you could start on getting the things changed and push for it. You get called out on something and you got super defensive towards PD when in reallity it's not up to servers standards as any other person roleplays more fear than half of the PD who can jump into shootouts 1v10. Just start on changing the way you take this server, ask any other person involved within illegal roleplay they will tell you the same thing.

I mean if you want to go that way though then just think of your detective char who kept working 24/7 then as possible went off-duty full clubbing, getting drunk, drove home like nothing and kept the cycle for the entire time 

Not sure what that last bit means. Are you saying that my character gets drunk and drives home drunk after clubbing? Where did this come from? Are we still talking about PD realism here? I'm so lost.

1 minute ago, SULLI said:

Not sure what that last bit means. Are you saying that my character gets drunk and drives home drunk after clubbing? Where did this come from? Are we still talking about PD realism here? I'm so lost.

You know what I'm talking about, personal example of your own roleplay within PD. We're talking about the general RP within the faction and people capabilities. I won't continue to go back and forth with you doe as this gonna get locked. I will let others express their opinions on the topic.

Tracing isn’t bugged right now. We ran a test. Started with the phone on and then turned it off, started with the phone off and turned it on, started with the phone and dropping it on the floor and leaving. All performed as intended.

As for your source, I’m not sure what information they’ve been getting. Many a hopeful officer will see a phone number and say about it, only for nothing to happen because Billy Bob only stole an ice cream and ran away. There’s certain strict requirements for it to be used.

2 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I'll add something to the Realism you've stated, their Cruisers are not insured script wise, yet they enforce that law. Double standards by all counts, you can't go against the law. I believe Nervous showed once how the budget is covered for Departments and Government, so why not count that in there hm? It's Insurance part of maintenance of a vehicle.

In response to this... I think you’re confusing insurance with vehicle maintenance. Insurance is not required on emergency vehicles, hence why they should have the SA Exempt plate. If they don’t, call Mr Admin and ask them to set it. They should.

Vehicle Maintenance on the other hand is a thing, and we drive cruisers, ambulances, fire engines, whatever to garages and get them serviced. We have internal policy on this, and it comes out of the pocket of the department.

So just to chip in with what I've seen so far. Unsure of what your sources are, but the LSPD is a rough portrayal of the LAPD. While its obviously not 1:1 for several reasons, most of which being gameplay concessions, we do our best. If you're getting traced its likely because you have a warrant and it's entirely based on if your phone number is already available to us. Also, personal experience here from working with the US Government, we dont privately insure our vehicles. It's much cheaper to service them on a case by case basis than for a privatized company. 

If you have any specific questions about the PD other than what you've asked, feel free to reach out. While I may not know the answer to everything I can likely facilitate you towards someone that does. 

If you have any specific quipes with realism in terms of characters you are also highly encouraged to report them to PLM or Faction Leadership.

12 minutes ago, aldo said:

Tracing should be disabled.. it is powergame as FUCK to the point where officers can trace any random number. It’s also bugged

Just to be clear, tracing is a heavily restricted item. Unless there are exergant circumstances or you have a court approved warrant your phones aren't getting traced. Tracing is also exclusive to Command and Detective characters. 

• Cara locked this topic