Realism within PD?

I'd like to discuss the fact of PD realism as a faction in general. At the moment I'd like to address the points like having air unit for almost every single chase being up in the sky. In reallity using chopper is insanely expensive for departaments and it's being used for high priority chases that involve armed robberies, shootings, etc. Not for ordinary chase. Matter a fact choppers are being seen utilized for the sake of just flying at the moment coming from my sources.

Further on, when is tracing being reworked? It should honestly be disabled for the time being, not only is it bugged as fuck and it doesn't matter if your phone is on or off it also gives exact 1:1 location. It's highly abused by PD it's no secret and half of the time when your phone that is off gets traced UNLESS PD members will agree to void it which is rare case because oh well there are too many people involved you will lose the situation. Moving on, tracing is being used 24/7 just like choppers for any situation, while once again in reallity PD will need a warrant and detectives with needed equipment involved for that, which takes weeks to months to be organized if even deemed to be prioritized.

Another thing is using 40 MIKE MIKE aka non lethal rubber shotgun to gun down people off their bikes at w/e speed just because script will instantly drop you off it. Why is it allowed, and if addressed don't say that it's an IC issue, it's clearly not an IC issue, not a single cop would gun somebody off the bike when it goes 60mph when it's not an active threat.

Some of this been brought up long, long time ago and I remember specifically staff saying that tracing is OP asf and will be re-done, but yet we're still here with same old stuff?

• Upvote 3
20 minutes ago, .45 said:

I'd like to discuss the fact of PD realism as a faction in general. At the moment I'd like to address the points like having air unit for almost every single chase being up in the sky. In reallity using chopper is insanely expensive for departaments and it's being used for high priority chases that involve armed robberies, shootings, etc. Not for ordinary chase. Matter a fact choppers are being seen utilized for the sake of just flying at the moment coming from my sources.

Further on, when is tracing being reworked? It should honestly be disabled for the time being, not only is it bugged as fuck and it doesn't matter if your phone is on or off it also gives exact 1:1 location. It's highly abused by PD it's no secret and half of the time when your phone that is off gets traced UNLESS PD members will agree to void it which is rare case because oh well there are too many people involved you will lose the situation. Moving on, tracing is being used 24/7 just like choppers for any situation, while once again in reallity PD will need a warrant and detectives with needed equipment involved for that, which takes weeks to months to be organized if even deemed to be prioritized.

Another thing is using 40 MIKE MIKE aka non lethal rubber shotgun to gun down people off their bikes at w/e speed just because script will instantly drop you off it. Why is it allowed, and if addressed don't say that it's an IC issue, it's clearly not an IC issue, not a single cop would gun somebody off the bike when it goes 60mph when it's not an active threat.

Some of this been brought up long, long time ago and I remember specifically staff saying that tracing is OP asf and will be re-done, but yet we're still here with same old stuff?

I'll add something to the Realism you've stated, their Cruisers are not insured script wise, yet they enforce that law. Double standards by all counts, you can't go against the law. I believe Nervous showed once how the budget is covered for Departments and Government, so why not count that in there hm? It's Insurance part of maintenance of a vehicle.

Tracing can be accurate if you use 3 different cell towers or more, that way it can be accurate, yet I've yet to see ANY cell towers in the northern part of the map, starting from Sandy Shores and heading North. Phone system and reception should be reworked, which will cause Tracing be reworked as well.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
17 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I'll add something to the Realism you've stated, their Cruisers are not insured script wise, yet they enforce that law. 

I think this is a bit of a moot point. At least where I am, police do not insurance - instead, they have a bond or a trust for which money comes out of. The rate at which police vehicles get damaged or require repairs is far beyond what an insurance company is willing to pay.

ignore this im wrong

Edited by Westen
  • Thanks 1

If tracing is bugged as you say, I agree that it should be temporarily disabled until it’s fixed. You should submit a bug report here.

As to warrants for tracing and other electronic surveillance, this is dealt with in San Andreas through the Electronic Surveillance & Privacy Act (ESPA ACT).  If it’s not being followed by the police, that is an in-character issue for which you go to court.  There are two ways this could play out, but the commonest way is probably this:   the police perform a warrantless trace, find you, detain you at which point you ask them for the warrant or ESW, they fail to produce it because they don’t have it (in our hypothetical) and then once you’re at your criminal proceeding, you point out to the court the trace was a warrantless trace and ask to suppress all the evidence (ask that it be thrown out) collected after the trace.

As to using excessive force, I imagine some use of force could be so excessive it would fail to pass a realism inspection.  If what you have described is accurate, I would agree with you that this is one such case.  In this case, it would be both an out-of-character and in-character issue.  I would take to a rule suggestion to address the former; and for the latter, recourse is to the court’s civil division  — as always. 

Edited by Midsummer Night's Dream
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Westen said:

I think this is a bit of a moot point. At least where I am, police do not insurance - instead, they have a bond or a trust for which money comes out of. The rate at which police vehicles get damaged or require repairs is far beyond what an insurance company is willing to pay.

Not my issue is it? Double standards much. You want to abide & enforce the law? Follow it yourself. You don't abide the law you are trying to enforce, don't enforce it. Why I am so clung to it? Cause in case a Police Cruiser damages a civilians vehicle, whom shall he contact an imaginary insurance company?

Edited by Vash Baldeus
6 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Not my issue is it? Double standards much. You want to abide & enforce the law? Follow it yourself. You don't abide the law you are trying to enforce, don't enforce it. Why I am so clung to it? Cause in case a Police Cruiser damages a civilians vehicle, whom shall he contact an imaginary insurance company?

With insurance as under developed as it is, that is a strange hill to die on.

With respect to the realism, please report them. Smokey has provided links in the LSPD and You Thread on how to do that if you believe someone's being unrealistic. Or, alternatively:

https://lspd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=26229

Advanced issues found

?
1 hour ago, .45 said:

And you're wrong. This vehicle was stopped for hitting another car and having paper plates. An airship was called. I could find you hundreds more.

I can't really comment on your other points because I'm not in the LSPD. I just wanted to show you that the LAPD utilize their airships more often than you think considering their $1.1 billion budget. 

Utilized for the sake of flying. You mean?.... Patrolling? Yes. We do in fact patrol in AIR. LAPD Air support has two choppers up on a two hour rotation almost 24/7. They respond to whatever they want to. They are also used as a deterrent to crime. You've probably seen us above and gone.. "Gosh darn. A helicopter. I can't do crime while it's watching me!" That is exactly why it's there. Feel free to go watch LAPD Air Support videos on YouTube. Lots of great information on there regarding their usage. 

In regards to tracing. If you get traced and it's bugged and that is confirmed, call an admin because while you might speculate that we just carry on with a bugged trace I can tell you from someone who uses it almost everyday, we do not. I've personally busted people with a bugged trace and voided it as soon as we know it's bugged. This isn't our issue it's a script issue. Anyone in PD who uses a bugged trace to get a one up would be severely punished if caught. There are ways to counter the trace to. It's really easy. The bug is a very rare occurance and it frustrates us just as much as it does you. 

• Cara locked this topic