Application - Gang dispute scenario

Sloth

So I’ve just applied to make a character on the server and had no problems doing the application except for the gang dispute scenario, which I found quite odd as I thought It was about the rules of the server but was told actually it was about judging the IC scenario from an OOC perspective. For those who may not know the scenario I’m talking of says that you’re a gang member who suspects their girlfriend is cheating on you with a rival gang member and you see said rival in a busy area an you shoot him and then go out downtown that night with friends. But basically I found this scenario quite odd as you’re told to say what’s wrong with the scenario and as no specific rules are broken so I’m told , I find it a bit weird that you have to find what is “wrong” as that lies down to judgement and perspective. Surely you shouldn’t be thinking about it OOC but trying to put yourself in the shoes of the character. Many gang members can be very irrational and thoughtless and wouldn’t think twice about doing such a thing. And then having a false sense of confidence that they won’t be caught and going out in public places. Not everyone is like this but there are those out there that are either extremely stupid or arrogant or simply just do not care. 

just curious as to what other people’s thoughts are on this one. I feel that this should be reworked a bit as it’s quite vague asking what’s “wrong”. To me it sounded like it was asking what rules had been broken. Not what’s wrong analysing the situation from an OOC perspective.

• Upvote 2

Hi, if you have feedback about application questions please speak to a member of the support or admin team directly. We prefer for them not to be discussed generally as potential answers may be provided for future applicants, which defeats the object of having the application at all. Thank you!

• Cara locked this topic