Drunk Driving

aldo

11 hours ago, zaXer. said:

this will never get in to work unless admins begin to enforce that when you buy a drink, you have to use the item. Rather what people do is they buy a drink, the bartender gives them an item, they rp drinking it but then store the item in their house or vehicle. And increased effects. I literally had to drink 4-5 bottles of moonshine before getting any sort of effects

That would basically mean that my characters could not consume alcohol at all. For some reason, I get motion sickness from the alcohol effects which is why I don't actually use the items. 

However, to make up for that, I do fully roleplay being intoxicated. Perhaps even to a longer extent than most people. Hell, I even CKed a character after hitting a pole while drunk driving. 

My point is, feel free to report people if you feel that they are not role-playing the effects of alcohol properly. But we don't need a script to do that. It's a roleplay server after all. People should be expected to use their imagination. 

• Upvote 1
On 2/6/2020 at 7:39 PM, nateX said:

I've witnessed 3 women who all RPed being under 5'8 down 8 Tequila shots in under 5 minutes and then successfully leave the Warehouse (A rave for anyone who don't know) in high heels in their sports car at 100+ mph.

Please, for the love of god if you are not going to RP drunk driving, just do not drive, period. It's so annoying when people don't RP things they have brought upon their own character OR only RP it when it benefits them.

badass moomin, my dude

• Upvote 1

From a cops perspective, I would love if people would start actually RPing the effects of alcohol, myself and a few others in the traffic division, we usually ask in /do if we would see any signs of impairments on the driver, now as all of you can (hopefully)  understand, when I've done about 5 stops in an hour, asking in /do if someone is impaired, and everyone says no, even though I've just seen most of them step out of a club, you get kind of demotivated to ask that question over and over, during my soon year in the PD, I've had ONE DUI arrest, and I know several people who haven't had a single one. 

We in the traffic division, we would love to set up DUI checkpoints around town as well but as we run this game as realistic as possible, that means we follow case laws from real life and Supreme Court Rulings, like this one https://monitechnc.com/why-announce-dui-checkpoints/ .

If anyone reads the article I just linked, you can see you must announce a Check point in advance before setting one up and this, creates a problem in our little game world due to the fact that 99% of the time, you never know when a bar is going to open so it's almost impossible to plan such a operation from our side and even if we were to know that a club would open at this and this time on this day, we have no real channels of announcing this to the public as we must. If we were to conduct a DUI Checkpoint without announcing it, that means that anyone that gets stopped in the checkpoint, is being detained illegally by the LSPD and that would cause a but of a Law suit that we'd have to deal with.

I'd also like to address the point of people saying that a lot of Officers don't care about the driving from people on the server, and yes, a lot of people don't due to the fact of the sync issues that we have, it's super hard to determine if someone intended on swerving or if it's just desync, a lot of the times we don't even see you swerve.

On 2/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, MrGsPhace said:

In the beginning I was stopping at every red light, did my best to stay in the lanes; its not easy but I started getting fares asking me not to stop at red lights so the question came up in discord when I asked it so hence the penal code.  Either follow it and treat it as an infraction or stop pulling us over because you can't have it both ways and eat your cake! 

So, the way I, and several others have been informed about this is that you can not go 100 MP/H through an intersection but you don't have to stop. If you have a redlight, treat it as a yield sign, green means you have the right of way through the intersection.

I agree that drunk driving should be a thing.

I do not agree that screen effects are necessary though. I would suggest a longer timer until you're sober, with a /bloodalcohol command to see just how drunk you are. Might give people an idea of how they should be roleplaying if there's something like 'drunk level 5, you shouldn't still be alive'. At least then when PD pulls people over, breathalysers might be handy!

1 hour ago, Cara said:

I agree that drunk driving should be a thing.

I do not agree that screen effects are necessary though. I would suggest a longer timer until you're sober, with a /bloodalcohol command to see just how drunk you are. Might give people an idea of how they should be roleplaying if there's something like 'drunk level 5, you shouldn't still be alive'. At least then when PD pulls people over, breathalysers might be handy!

The main problem I see with this is that people wouldn't use script items. I have to admit, I sometimes forget to use them but people will just start abusing it in order to avoid being caught. 

9 hours ago, Cara said:

At least then when PD pulls people over, breathalysers might be handy!

PD can't legally force you to perform a breathalyzer test until you're under arrest for DUI, a Field Sobriety Test has to be done first, and unless the person driving is actually RPing the effects of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, a Field Sobriety test won't be conducted in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

I think that the only way to fix this problem is to make scriptwise system that wouldn't allow people to drive normally.

If you include ''high driving'' system after consuming alchocol (which was in story mission, when Michael took his son to burgershot, got high and got kicked out of the car) - than cops can see that , pull the driver over, arrest him , take his license. And on top of that, driver can be blacklisted from applying for a driver license for let's say one or two weeks.