Drunk Driving

aldo

A while back I roleplayed a hardened alcoholic who was good at DUI but I still swerved around on purpose to catch the cops' attention, hoping it would create some RP.

But nobody cared, probably because the standards are so low on the server when it comes to driving. Nobody stops at red lights even though they are synced, not even mentioning stop signs - they just don't exist to most drivers. PD's traffic game is still bad, I rarely see people getting pulled over for going 20MPH over the limit. Everything on the server is sped up twice, people run or jog instead of walking and ignore the traffic infrastructure to get from point A to point B faster and I don' get it. 

I don't mean to go off-topic here but I blame this issue partly on what I explained above.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, thot said:

A while back I roleplayed a hardened alcoholic who was good at DUI but I still swerved around on purpose to catch the cops' attention, hoping it would create some RP.

But nobody cared, probably because the standards are so low on the server when it comes to driving. Nobody stops at red lights even though they are synced, not even mentioning stop signs - they just don't exist to most drivers. PD's traffic game is still bad, I rarely see people getting pulled over for going 20MPH over the limit. Everything on the server is sped up twice, people run or jog instead of walking and ignore the traffic infrastructure to get from point A to point B faster and I don' get it. 

I don't mean to go off-topic here but I blame this issue partly on what I explained above.

When I look at traffic violations, I ignore a lot of things such as swerving simply because of how shit the sync is. I can't count the number of times I've stopped someone for driving in the wrong lane and swerving, and they've sent me a streamable of them driving perfectly fine.

• Upvote 1

Maybe make a suggestion to bring the gta online drink effect in. Currently the only things the alcohol effects are .08 some blurry vision then around  .15 you get swaying screen which gets worse if you go beyond but it doesn’t have the random swerves.  

Edited by Redharry
12 hours ago, thot said:

Yeah if there were a 1000 players playing maybe youd see some more realistic driving (or  not) as roads become busier. But both civlians and cops arent gonna care as much (and shouldn't care as much) about peoples driving when 90% of the roads on the map are completely deserted

Plus its a game. What you see on your screen and what someone else sees on theirs is always different due to ragemps horrible sync

Edited by Raindance
On 2/14/2020 at 6:52 AM, Raindance said:

Yeah if there were a 1000 players playing maybe youd see some more realistic driving (or  not) as roads become busier. But both civlians and cops arent gonna care as much (and shouldn't care as much) about peoples driving when 90% of the roads on the map are completely deserted

Plus its a game. What you see on your screen and what someone else sees on theirs is always different due to ragemps horrible sync

Had this discussion on Discord; people keep saying lights are synced, I've had others whom I've been RPing with recently (yes I'm new, and so are they) and they have pointed out how out of sync the lights are and we have seen instances of how they are out of sync (actions drivers take). 

I got pulled over last night for almost barreling into an island; lag will do that and yet here you guys are saying cops don't even bother to care about swerving? I think you guys need some standards in the PD seriously. 

Later discussion came up about the penal code on how to deal with red lights, you're essentially not required to make a full stop at red and if its clear you may proceed, green lights you may proceed without having to slow down. 

It is hard to maintain the speed limit its not like the keyboard mimics the gas pedal it mimics the gas pedal stuck to the floor.  You can reasonably maintain 50-70 you don't have to do 100 its very hard to do 25 unless you're just tapping the key and that gets tiring. 

Tonight or late night early this morning I guess some character had his car impounded due to DUI he called a cab and wanted to change characters but he wanted to get away from the crowd and I didn't quite understand what he wanted, he asked me to take him to Sandy and then he paid me and then poof!  Fine you don't want to RP, well I don't want to RP with you either; I was LOOKING FORWARD to RPing that, yes I know driving in GTA sucks. 

I'm new so I may not know what I'm talking about and I'm trying my best to RP reasonably good quality not the best but hopefully its good enough for the server. 

I agree there needs to be more cabs, there would be more cabs if you guys would RP more realistically I've read some posts that basically say the same thing over and over.  There's also a private taxi service that doesn't use the taxi script, not sure how they charge the rates because to use the meter you have to use one of the IG taxi cars that is linked to the meter script and you have to /taxistart to use that meter, you can ignore dispatches, sure I suppose... but why not create a script for private taxi companies to have their own meters and dispatching?  What about Uber/Lyft? Its real, let's RP that, people could put more miles on their personal cars and maybe RP leasing an Uber car (although Uber isn't leasing as much as they used to IRL but available in certain markets) make it so we can lease, not rent the car for 300 or whatever it is and that would be a fun script to have made and I know scripting takes a lot of work and time which involves testing. 

In the beginning I was stopping at every red light, did my best to stay in the lanes; its not easy but I started getting fares asking me not to stop at red lights so the question came up in discord when I asked it so hence the penal code.  Either follow it and treat it as an infraction or stop pulling us over because you can't have it both ways and eat your cake! 

this will never get in to work unless admins begin to enforce that when you buy a drink, you have to use the item. Rather what people do is they buy a drink, the bartender gives them an item, they rp drinking it but then store the item in their house or vehicle. And increased effects. I literally had to drink 4-5 bottles of moonshine before getting any sort of effects

On 2/16/2020 at 4:41 AM, MrGsPhace said:

It is hard to maintain the speed limit its not like the keyboard mimics the gas pedal it mimics the gas pedal stuck to the floor.  You can reasonably maintain 50-70 you don't have to do 100 its very hard to do 25 unless you're just tapping the key and that gets tiring. 

I had forgotten the key command. However, one is capable of setting a MAX SPEED that one desired to travel in order to make it easier for one to hold down the "Drive/Accelerate" button without exceeding the speed limit.

May any one help us with that command?

Just now, DLimit said:

I had forgotten the key command. However, one is capable of setting a MAX SPEED that one desired to travel in order to make it easier for one to hold down the "Drive/Accelerate" button without exceeding the speed limit.

May any one help us with that command?

/speedlimiter

• Applaud 1