Drunk Driving

aldo

90% of the server don't understand this...

but when your character has been drinking scriptly or rply... RP THE SYMPTOMS of being drunk

if you have been sinking shots all night.. you cannot physically drive all around LS at night time at 100 mph like a race driver..

go call a cab as soon as you leave the club and either get one to the next club or go home, it's stupid seeing mallrats with their 200k cars parked up outside a nightclub.

Edited by aldo
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Willbur said:

Yeah, the whole lack of 'drunk driving' RP bothers me too. When trying to work as a Taxi driver, I'd hang outside clubs and bars to give rides to people, but it was never needed. 

exactly, lots of jobs will be created and good rp scenarios from taxi drivers

I think this could be fixed with the effects of drugs + alcohol lasting for a lot longer than they currently do. Namely the visual effects of being drunk/high.

Then of course you'd have the people relogging just to get rid of the effect which is another issue.

• Upvote 2
Just now, nwah_ said:

I think this could be fixed with the effects of drugs + alcohol lasting for a lot longer than they currently do. Namely the visual effects of being drunk/high.

Then of course you'd have the people relogging just to get rid of the effect which is another issue.

agreed

Drunk driving should be encouraged from an OOC level, not excessively of course. I've never seen anyone roleplay around it. (I assume the people commenting on this thread have though.) I normally call a cab or get a friend to pick me up, so like you said if roleplaying the effects of drugs and alcohol is endorsed more, it'd create more roleplay for people in general. 

shoutout to the jewish cab company though 

Edited by Declan

If I don't call a cab, I like to swap to the first-person view and drive around for drunk driving.   I already suck at driving normally and this makes it 10x worse for me.   

I agree it'd be nice to see more people utilize taxis or simply RP the effects realistically.  

• Upvote 3

I work for the Jewish Cab Company so it's probably a bit of a conflict of interest for me to say this, but it's really annoying that we'll have a few taxis sit outside of clubs and people will opt to get onto their own bikes and cars because they don't want to pay the fee for the taxi, despite the fact that they've just RP'd downing 3 pints of Stella.

Edited by friendlyman
  • Upvote 3
1 minute ago, friendlyman said:

I work for the Jewish Cab Company so it's probably a bit of a conflict of interest for me to say this, but it's really annoying that we'll have a few taxis sit outside of clubs and people will opt to get onto their own bikes and cars because they don't want to pay the fee for the taxi, despite the fact that they've just RP'd downing 3 pints of Stella.