• Charcoal
jcat

Game hangs in a loop after compiling the client packages

jcat    20

Hi, 

Here's what's happening:

1. I start Rage MP.
  2. I connect to the server.
  3. I get the Connected to server, requesting packages notification.  The downloading of packages seems to work fine (they are complete)
  4. Then the game freezes.
  5. Then I get two Rage MP:  Connection lost. Reconnecting... notifications.

then cycle of  steps 3 through 5 repeats indefinitely.  Right now it's been about 30 minutes.  

I am running Rage MP as administrator.  I deleted and re-downloaded the client packages with no problems.

The only apps running are Rage MP, Steam, and firefox.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Giles    51
5 hours ago, jcat said:

Hi, 

Here's what's happening:

1. I start Rage MP.
  2. I connect to the server.
  3. I get the Connected to server, requesting packages notification.  The downloading of packages seems to work fine (they are complete)
  4. Then the game freezes.
  5. Then I get two Rage MP:  Connection lost. Reconnecting... notifications.

then cycle of  steps 3 through 5 repeats indefinitely.  Right now it's been about 30 minutes.  

I am running Rage MP as administrator.  I deleted and re-downloaded the client packages with no problems.

The only apps running are Rage MP, Steam, and firefox.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Once you see the two Rage MP: Connection lost. Reconnecting notifications, follow these steps:

Wait for the files to compile once more and once the third box comes up with the "Download Complete", press shift+tab or whatever it is to bring up your Steam overlay. Wait 60 seconds and close it. You should be on the log-in screen at that point. I have to do it at least once a day.

Edited by Scaramouche

jcat    20

Thanks for your responses, everybody.  The solution that worked for me was pressing the Home key to bring up the social club interface!