Lore & Real Brands

Dumplings

Using real brand is easy. You just take something from say point A and pretend it's in point B.

That aside I understand that people rather want real brands cause they know them. Why should they care that GTA has 7-8 beer brands, 10-spirit brands etc etc. And dont even start about clothing. I never rp clothing brands, cause why? I wear some clothes that's all. I have no need to specify what are they.

Some people even play brandless. Cars not ofc, but in a bar just order whiskey and cola. Job's done. Many people roleplay smoking Redwoods, or just brandless cigarettes. Actually to have to specify every brand in every possible situation is more of a hassle.

• Upvote 1

LS is an off brand LA. I still RP like its LA, I don't give a fuck. I'm not limiting myself in terms of roleplay.

The type of people that RP LS like LS are the very same people that think LS has a total population of 500 people at one time, and anything outside of LS doesn't exist.

Edited by .kickback
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I'm not one for limiting myself either. Using real-life brands makes the roleplay more immersive for players like me, so we're gonna do it. I had a Willard Faction and roleplayed it as a Buick Regal because that's what it's based on according to GTA websites, and it looks like it. It doesn't say it on paper, so what? It helps me vibe when I use these real life brands. However, I don't know why, but I roleplay the cigarettes as is — Redwoods, Athenas etc.

Car faggio literally is named because it has the word Fag Pisswasser is literally saying Piss. There’s other examples but gta has trolly lore as it is literally a joke so to rp it strictly is retarded. 

Prolaps, Ecola, Enus, Bati, Shitzu, cancer sticks. All troll names, if you suggest we should be forced to rp driving a SHITzu or drinking PISSwasser you’re literally brain dead.

Like wtf you expect me to wear something saying PROLAPSE?

Edited by Shekh
  • Applaud 2

Facts. The same people who want GTA Lore to be followed are the people who RP perfect characters with 0 flaws and think San Andreas is an island with only 500 people on it

Cars should be the only exception, but that doesn't mean I think people should be restricted to those car brands. If I wanna RP my tornado as a chevy, I personally think I should be allowed to do so. Restricting creativity to be 'lore friendly' has already pushed alot of people away. Personally I think 'lore' should be dropped altogether. Let people roleplay how they want to aslong as they're not breaking rules or being dicks.

Edited by El Ghetto Man
  • Upvote 1