What things are cool on gta world

Sons

On 2/22/2020 at 5:53 PM, adamplayer said:

Seeing business men that own clubs and expensive luxurious sports car say they've got to go to do their 24/7 shift.

^ this sums up the state of the server perfectly.

You can tell by the answer saying literally nothing that this server has a lot to improve on. Saying "There's lots of good" means quite literally nothing. Listing a number of groups or areas where people "are" is wrong, because they aren't there. If you count all the places across the whole existence of this server, sure, but that's clearly unrealistic.  

This server has all the basics: basic commands, basic UI, basic scripts (Some more advanced and very good, most quite average or below average). It's a great place to RP if you have a group of friends to do something together with and create RP scenarios. What a solo player usually sees is just a dead city, maybe a car or two driving by, a few luxury cars at the bar/club and that's about it. People gather in closed rooms/areas like clubs etc and there isn't much action outside.  Nowadays every guy seems to own a business, there are no logical limits behind those to make the RPing more immersive. The majority drives around with expensive cars while working a job where you realistically can't even afford more than a 30 year old broken ass vehicle.

A lot of it is difficult to fix since it's up to the players to do better, but there's a ton this server could do better. There are many other RP servers out there to learn from, too, but it sucks you get thrown out the door if you say anything about other servers. Can't improve nor learn that way, but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

What a solo player usually sees is just a dead city, maybe a car or two driving by, a few luxury cars at the bar/club and that's about it.

^ This.  Story of my rp life.

I don't know, things could be changed to improve things.

I used to write long posts about economic suggestions for the game, but nobody cared so I forgot about it.

Income and expenses need to be balanced in such a way that it  promotes slice of life roleplay.  Before saying that's boring, it depends on the kind of life a character has.  Players usually strive to excel or accomplish things, and this is reflected in how they play their characters.  Balance the rate of accomplishment.  No, I'm not talking about grinding.  I'm talking about making grinding irrelevant.

White collar roleplay jobs. 

Whatever somebody wants to do, let them apply to have a job created.  If someone wants to be a reporter, let them be able to go up to the Weazel News building, do /bjoin, enter an interior, and work there as an rp job and get paid a white collar salary.  Put a cap on the hours worked, like 2 hours per 24 hour period, so people can't grind it.  Make the most efficient way to make money be working an hour or two a day.  This would let the character earn a white collar salary, afford things which enhance his or her character concept, and leave plenty of time for rp.  Let the Weazel building turn green on the map, so people know there's a reporter there that they can give a lead to or swing by to rp with.  This method could be implemented with any white collar profession.  Really, this method could be implemented with most blue collar jobs, only the building, the interior, and the pay rate would change.  Some jobs could even be done outside.  I know it's interior roleplay, but seriously, people spend a lot of time in interiors anyway.  

Make expenses more realistic.  

One of the developers said the team chose not to implement 20 year mortgages for home ownership.  Figuring out some kind of mortgage would suck, but rent to own wouldn't be a bad idea at all.  Think about it:  a character saves up for a down payment, gets a job so they're creditworthy, gets a loan scriptly at a bank location, then scriptly buys a property.  The money goes from the loaning bank to whoever owns the property, player or script, then the character makes payments to the bank automatically per pay period, just like we pay rent now.  This method could be extended to buying cars, and other expensive services like construction.

Example:

• A newly created character spawns at the airport. 
  • He goes to a job building that fits his character concept and does /bjoin to start earning and to make himself visible to rp on the map.
  • After earning some cash in an hour or two, he goes and scriptly rents a place.
  • After a couple more days of work, he can afford a car or he can keep getting taxis.
  • Then he's off and running.  To get the things he wants, he needs to be consistent rather than grindy, and whenever he's at work, he lights up a business green on the map so people can see he's available to rp at his roleplay job.
  • Then it's about living his rp life like we do normally while he saves up for the things he wants.  Even rich people started off in apartments and such.
  • It wouldn't take away workers from player-owned businesses because he could always work for them during his rp time when he's not at work (and earn even more money, like a girl who's a scriptly paralegal by day and an exotic dancer at a player-owned business by night).

I really wish I could help contribute to scripting things instead of making suggestions that would be more work for the devs.  I'm in a C++ class now, but it's a battle and I spend most of my time hunting down crappy little syntax errors and struggling to find solutions to issues I haven't learned how to approach yet.  

Edited by jcat
expanding on ideas in the post
  • Upvote 1