Expanding the rules on panic alarms

Mitch

At the moment, companies are starting to use a lot of panic alarms and it's stepping into the grey area of metagaming and powergaming

Why MG / PG? Because it's not regulated in game in anyway shape or form, it's done via discord or via radios with a *panic alarm activated from X*. There is zero rules surrounding this, usage on discord can be seen as metagaming as it's a OOC platform and powergaming since the robbers don't have a fair chance of responding to this. So is panic alarms allowed by server administration and if so, what's the rules on it? 

Tagging @Keane for clarification. 

59 minutes ago, Mitch said:

At the moment, companies are starting to use a lot of panic alarms and it's stepping into the grey area of metagaming and powergaming

Why MG / PG? Because it's not regulated in game in anyway shape or form, it's done via discord or via radios with a *panic alarm activated from X*. There is zero rules surrounding this, usage on discord can be seen as metagaming as it's a OOC platform and powergaming since the robbers don't have a fair chance of responding to this. So is panic alarms allowed by server administration and if so, what's the rules on it? 

Tagging @Keane for clarification. 

There should be rules for this, yeah. But it's not really any MG/PG. 

It's called "Silent Alarms". They're a thing irl.

11 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

There should be rules for this, yeah. But it's not really any MG/PG. 

It's called "Silent Alarms". They're a thing irl.

I'm not contesting that they're a thing, I'm contesting that it done over discord is literally mg because it's not in the rules and it's not regulated

8 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I'm not contesting that they're a thing, I'm contesting that it done over discord is literally mg because it's not in the rules and it's not regulated

In your opinion, how else should it be done?

'Any platforms not under the control of GTA World cannot be considered in-character unless it has been clearly approved by the appropriate team within the admin team. Factions wishing to have IC channels in their Discord must receive approval prior from Faction Management. Giving out any IC information on Discord without approval and without an admin present to supervise is considered metagaming. '

Panic buttons on discord fall under this rule.

Edited by Shokkoth
Just now, Shokkoth said:

In your opinion, how else should it be done?

With specific rules in the server rules section? I'm fine with panic alarms but we do need rule and regulations on its usage. Blanket permission from FM isn't transparent nor does it publicly provide details. In this provides a unfair advantage to users

14 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Gruppe 6 Corporate Security has Faction Management permission to utlize discord to transmit panic buttons ONLY, without a location or anything in them, just the notification it has been activated. Other IG means are used to locate, respond, etc. That's until it gets added in the server, if it will (in discussion),

It's usage is regulated by FM admins which are in the discord and monitor all channels.

Not all rules can be added to the rule list simply because people are all sorts of creative and always find new ways to do their RP. It's known from years that discord usage for IC means is regulated by admins. I dont see the issue.

How do you plan on having things "transparent" and "publicly known". Why should it be? If you got any suspicions you can submit a report, or you can focus on doing your own things rather than dig in others! ?

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

How do you plan on having things "transparent" and "publicly known". Why should it be? If you got any suspicions you can submit a report, or you can focus on doing your own things rather than dig in others!

I don't see how it's a dig? I work for a company in game that uses your pages and ive never had a issue with them? I don't see why you make that remark nor with your faction in general and for disclosure sake I don't work for any active security company

I feel like there's should be some server rules to say how they should be used though, so everyone knows about them, not specific groups.

Have a nice day ?

Just now, Mitch said:

I don't see how it's a dig? I work for a company in game that uses your pages and ive never had a issue with them? I don't see why you make that remark nor with your faction in general and for disclosure sake I don't work for any active security company

I feel like there's should be some server rules to say how they should be used though, so everyone knows about them, not specific groups.

Have a nice day ?

Their usage is allowed when FM decides that you've proven yourself to use it. I've went a long journey before getting allowed to use it ,and other companies, not only security, but all sorts of businesses, factions, etc have IC means in discord for stuff, approved by FM ?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic