Can't load into the server.

martinmello

When I try to launch the server, I can get in game fine but once it gets to 394/395 downloaded my game freezes instantly and then crashes. I have the game on rockstar launcher and it's a fresh install from 2 days ago, no other mods apart from the ragemp client. Any ideas on what could cause this? I've reinstalled the client like 5 times onto different hard drives and I tried deleting the server files but nothing has helped. 

• 1 month later...

Same issue, did you end up finding a solution?

On 1/25/2020 at 2:48 PM, Vulcar said:

Let it freeze and wait 10 minutes. Then shut down the game and  reload it, should work. If it doesn't at first delete your client files from RAGE and retry it. It should work after you wait 10 minutes.

Game crashes I can't get it to wait.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:44 PM, Giles said:

Once you see the two Rage MP: Connection lost. Reconnecting notifications, follow these steps:

Wait for the files to compile once more and once the third box comes up with the "Download Complete", press shift+tab or whatever it is to bring up your Steam overlay. Wait 60 seconds and close it. You should be on the log-in screen at that point. I have to do it at least once a day.

this is the solution ^^

You seem to be having the same issue I am having, multiple things can fix this such as redownloading client resources, verifying your game through the rockstar launcher or using the overlay method. Sadly there is not one true fix for this and it has a habit of reappearing.

On 2/29/2020 at 3:23 AM, Syrike said:

You seem to be having the same issue I am having, multiple things can fix this such as redownloading client resources, verifying your game through the rockstar launcher or using the overlay method. Sadly there is not one true fix for this and it has a habit of reappearing.

Where can I find the overlay method? Also how do I verify the game through rockstar launcher? 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

• 3 months later...