LS Central High?

AJD

What do you guys think about taking to management the idea of a high school?

Most people argue that there aren’t enough teenage characters — or all of them are gang bangers — and that’s just a topic that shouldnt even be discussed. 

If the only option people who RP teenagers have is to gang bang, then how can we expect there to be regular teenagers?

The implementation of LS Central High would open up so many more RP possibilities - School Resource Officers, Truant Officers, ESports, Sporting Events, Teaching, Administration... there’s so many possibilities.

What do y’all think?

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, El Ghetto Man said:

Schools usually go to shit on RP servers because they become filled with gang rpers who have no idea how to properly rp a teenage gang member and they end up shooting ppl in the school bathroom.

People should just npc going to school if they wish to rp a teenage char.

Thank you for replying. I do agree, most people do have problems rping a proper high school character. 

If this were to become a idea, there would be requirements in place in order to ensure that everyone is enjoying the rp.

Edited by AJD

I was thinking about suggesting it myself, maybe if there was a form that you had to fill out OOCly which was like filled out by your parent/parental guardian so this can sort-of prevent random people from just running up into a high-school and shooting people or doing some corny shit.

• Upvote 1

It has to be setup and managed by players, this has been stated by staff team before.

If you think about it, a functioning RP high School is as big of an undertaking as the County jail that is currently being rolled out. Think about it, you have to have classes, teachers, schedules, facilities. Its a project that would only support about 15% of the characters on the server, meaning its not a project that the staff team views as an appropriate allocation of their time. Rightfully so.  

Due to the lack of any material inside the highschool(nobody will teach or stay in a virtual class to be taught for the sake of RP) and the fact that other than sports and extra-curriculars schools are about as boring and stale as anything really, I don't see much use of this to be honest with you, the idea might be good if we had a playerbase of 1000 and a high school diploma was necessary for some jobs to actually not over-saturate the job market, then I can understan it, but the server is filled with already academically established(or not) characters that are in the middle of their adulthood, for teenage gang RPers it doesn't seem that realistic to be attending all of your classes due to peer pressure and influence from your higher-ups, they usually drop-out or skip all their classes throughout the year, the only exception is a teenagd RPer in a rough neighborhood trying to be kept away from the dirt of the street by attending school and hoping sports can help him, otherwise I can't see it having any use or activity.

This is a really cool idea but I just can't see there being enough interest to operate an entire high school.

That being said,

A relatively new trend in a lot of US cities are starting to have more and more private academy schools that teach up until the end of high school. They usually have drastically smaller class sizes than public schools, and often times attempt to cater towards inner-city kids by requiring their families to pay little to no tuition.

While you don't sound as cool when you're telling kids on the block that you got to a private school, I think that sort of smaller scale would be a better place to start. Not only would it be a lot more focused, and likely more fulfilling to the people taking part in it, it could also serve as a proof of concept in the event more people begin to express interest in a full blown school system.

3 hours ago, DLimit said:

I'd vouch for a well-functioning community center over a high-school, as it caters to every civilian within these lower-income neighborhoods.

I can agree with this, i think a school would get stale fairly quickly. And maybe a community center might be a better way to go? 

But I think something like a school or Comunity center would be good. It gives people a localized point for RP, that Isnt just your factions RP hub and what not. 

So players will interact with other people that doesn't have anything to do with their gang or whatever it might be. 

It could also be a good place for example a gang intervention group to stake their roots, try and get young kids out of gangs and such. The possibilities are endless. 

It's the same thing that prison is doing to groups of RP'ers right now. 

Edited by Netsrac
  • Upvote 1