What is the state of government?

AJD

1 minute ago, M52B28 said:

Are you head of the government PR? Then this thread is exactly aimed at you.  ?  Horrible idea why? Because? Let's keep it a secret and fuel the people who earlier before claimed it's a dictatorship and what else..? ? 

You replied (very aggressively) to me for suggesting the government to make a better presence on their stuff that's being done.

For the third (perhaps fourth?) I'm suggestion someone of PR experience to mirror the stuff that's going on in the government. Not looking to get accused of reddit terms and what not, thread clearly resembles that there's a problem from one end or the other. Even though it not might be valid, we still have to address it (and with something better than "Lol apply then, ok?")

You keep twisting and manipulating the intention behind my posts. Why do you want me to have been aggressive in replying to you, when I was not? For the last time, I asked you to come join us because it's a SOLUTION to the problem. Spouting empty words is easy but it gets nothing done. Anyway. I'm disengaging because this interaction has just became you exploiting my posts to exhaust them of anything you might find "aggressive". I'm not.

Just now, Serendipity said:

You keep twisting and manipulating the intention behind my posts. Why do you want me to have been aggressive in replying to you, when I was not? For the last time, I asked you to come join us because it's a SOLUTION to the problem. Spouting empty words is easy but it gets nothing done. Anyway. I'm disengaging because this interaction has just became you exploiting my posts to exhaust them of anything you might find "aggressive". I'm not.

I was far in the conversation/discussion before you even arrived. And what little did you suggest? For me to take a street busher role? I may not be perfect for the PR role, hence why I'm suggesting you actively seek someone for it. ? I've said this like thrice, maybe even four times now. I think that the government is operating very well, but the public doesn't greet much of it. Thus, I'm suggesting for a few fellas to interact with the people. To go out their on their own, not waiting for people to contact them. ? 

As a regular player, I regularly get in contact with the government. Just because they're not doing public works every week, or making constant speeches doesn't mean they're not about.

As for Serendippity she's probably the single most active government employee IG, unsure about behind the scenes but she is literally /ALWAYS/ on and I commend that. 

As for Legislature, its being worked on and has been for like a year. Hence why there are three district reps so far preparing a city council (afaik).

Elections, if you led a faction that was still being set up, you wouldn't want to run elections until all the required provisions are in place. However a compromise of elections for deputy mayor could well be a start to beginning the cycle (Test out provisions and how elections would actually work.)

There's my two cents on the posts which keep appearing. 

The government very well may be active, but they're not doing what a government should be doing.

I don't know if we're trying to create a pointless faction that drives motivation out of the people who work in it because they're looking for public engagement when in reality that's not what government is, or if we're trying to create a faction that has a severe impact on the way the state works.

You want to have a government to debate, that's fine, but debate what? The things that are in place to debate are extremely basic, debating them would draw political opposition, yes, however political opposition and then what? There's nothing new, there's nothing changing. Maybe I'm wrong here, but the last time I checked governments do more than organizing dinners.

You can't base the government of GTA:W on the government of California or a real government - it's impossible, it's like trying to paint The Reply Of The Zaporozhian Cossacks on a sheep with a crayon. First, you need to get the paint and the canvas.

This is not a country, this not a 200 year old state.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd make the suggestion that if you want to be involved as a "concerned party"... chime in ICly... if you believe you have the talent to challenge the current state of government... be that change on an IC level.

The tools have been given to you via the constitution..

SEC. 3. The people have the right to instruct their representatives, petition government for redress of grievances, and assemble freely to consult for the common good. 

SEC. 4. The people have the right of access to information concerning the conduct of the people's business, and, therefore, the meetings of public bodies and the writings of public officials and agencies shall be open to public scrutiny.

That being said, if you feel that you want answers... Tackle them ICly with law... get a lawyer or a team of lawyers, and sue you way to being heard..... you have the constitution on your side... I doubt nervous will allow voting through IC usage of Brett's references, but you could definitely obtain transparency!