What is the state of government?

AJD

WELLLLLL if the case is that there isn't enough public presence. but there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, it is still a problem! ?

Like Aristoteles once said, if a tree falls in the forest and there is nobody to hear it, does it still make a sound?? I aren't think that. ?

This isn't new.. The key here is just to hire a few fellas to show that the wheel is rolling! ? I'm surprised this hasn't been thought of! ?

So.. even if you forge epics behind the curtains, your average Joe will never know. And his vote.. his vote will go to someone else! To someone who displays presence and asserts dominance! ??

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, M52B28 said:

WELLLLLL if the case is that there isn't enough public presence. but there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes, it is still a problem! ?

Like Aristoteles once said, if a tree falls in the forest and there is nobody to hear it, does it still make a sound?? I aren't think that. ?

This isn't new.. The key here is just to hire a few fellas to show that the wheel is rolling! ? I'm surprised this hasn't been thought of! ?

So.. even if you forge epics behind the curtains, your average Joe will never know. And his vote.. his vote will go to someone else! To someone who displays presence and asserts dominance! ??

Which vote? There are no elections. This is an undemocratic dictatorship with a select few running the show for everyone.

Just now, ThatDutchPerson said:

Which vote? There are no elections. This is an undemocratic dictatorship with a select few running the show for everyone.

I shall not address the latter half of your post, because that's a little too bitter. ? But my point being, they should still strive to please the crowd even though there are no actual elections.. ? Because in real life, realistically they would not be re-elected..and what do we strive for? ? A realistic portrayal of the government! ☺️?

9 hours ago, M52B28 said:

Firstly, the key to that is getting people to apply. We can't exactly impose a governmental position on someone. As for your request for us to be performative—I'll just chalk that up to your ignorance of what actually goes on in the faction, and not understanding my previous point of how unfeasible it is for us to patrol the streets. Governmental activity is most definitely there, and I could give you AT LEAST ten examples of it from just within the past week. I shouldn't have to yell to everyone within my vicinity that I'm a member of the Government. That's something that you leave for when one is conducting their duties, like me introducing myself to pedestrians before inviting them to an event on behalf of Mayor Rockford, as I HAVE been doing.

Do you want to role-play with us? Go to the City of Los Santos Facebrowser page. Call the Government landline. Email Mayor Rockford and lobby your cause to him, or better yet, come to one of our many events to role-play with him in person. Furthermore, there's always the option of applying for a vacant position within the administration!

[OPEN] e-Procurement Manager

[OPEN] Budget Analyst

[OPEN] Curator of Culture

[OPEN] Social Worker

[OPEN] Psychologist

I'm concluding this reply with the following request: stop using the forums general discussion board as a medium to propagate the notion that nothing we do is right. Are you concerned about where the server stands with elections? Contact one of the server heads. Have an idea that you feel would better the standing of the Government? PM the leader of the faction. Do you know how to better engage the people? PM me. Topics in this vein are never conducive to anything and only further taint how we're perceived; thus, nothing gets done.

Edited by Serendipity
  • Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

Firstly, the key to that is getting people to apply. We can't exactly impose a governmental position on someone. As for your request for us to be performative—I'll just chalk that up to your ignorance of what actually goes on in the faction, and not understanding my previous point of how unfeasible it is for us to patrol the streets. Governmental activity is most definitely there, and I could give you AT LEAST ten examples of it from just within the past week. I shouldn't have to yell to everyone within my vicinity that I'm a member of the Government. That's something that you leave for when one is conducting your duties, like me introducing myself to pedestrians before inviting them to an event on behalf of Mayor Rockford, as I HAVE been doing.

Do you want to role-play with us? Go to the City of Los Santos Facebrowser page. Call the Government landline. Email Mayor Rockford and lobby your cause to him, or better yet, come to one of our many events to role-play with him in person. Furthermore, there's always the option to applying for a vacant position within the administration!

[OPEN] e-Procurement Manager

[OPEN] Budget Analyst

[OPEN] Curator of Culture

[OPEN] Social Worker

[OPEN] Psychologist

I'm concluding this reply with the following request: stop using the forums general discussion board as a medium to propagate the notion that nothing we do is right. Are you concerned about where the server stands with elections? Contact one of the server heads. Have an idea that you feel would better the standing of the Government? PM the leader of the faction. Do you know how to better engage the people? PM me. Topics in this vein are never conducive to anything and only further taint how we're perceived; thus, nothing gets done.

Nobody is forcing you to patrol the streets. Am I ignorant? Ignorant how? Because you do a lot of work behind the scenes that the average player has no clue about? You're the ignorant one here. We get it. We do. Ya'll sweat a lot and make a lot of stuff happen. That's not the case. The case is that the average player doesn't feel like you're doing anything. And that's a point. It is. You can give me ten examples, even twenty. But they are MUTE! Poor examples if people don't recognize it. And don't yadda me with your yelling bull, that puts you on the same par as the earlier fella with saying you're a non-democrat dictator fella. 

Also..nobody ever said nothing you do is right. The argument here is that while you do a lot behind the scenes, it is un-observable to the naked eye. PR is a big portion. Perhaps invest in it! 

Plus.. I have been a member of the government. One of the most influential, perhaps. I communicated with the average Joe, I made myself present. But it was shut down! Very sad.. All in order to hit it with the "we're forging a lot of documents that you'll never get to see".. 

Don't take it personal, we get it, you work hard. There's just not enough portrayal. 

Just now, M52B28 said:

Because you do a lot of work behind the scenes that the average player has no clue about? [...] The case is that the average player doesn't feel like you're doing anything. And that's a point. It is. You can give me ten examples, even twenty. But they are MUTE! Poor examples if people don't recognize it.

VVK7DZ1.png

Why are you combating my point if you go on to concede that there IS a lot of ignorance surrounding how the Government is perceived?

I've offered many solutions to your woes. PM me, PM Avro, PM a server head - all acts of public relations. Just me being in this thread shedding light and answering burning questions is me conducting public relations, even though no one is asking me to. No one in this thread has said, "I'd like to hear from a member of the GOV", nor have I been implored to participate in public discourse regarding the faction internally.

Just now, Serendipity said:

VVK7DZ1.png

Why are you combating my point if you go on to concede that there IS a lot of ignorance surrounding how the Government is perceived?

I've offered many solutions to your woes. PM me, PM Avro, PM a server head - all acts of public relations. Just me being in this thread shedding light and answering burning questions is me conducting public relations, even though no one is asking me to. No one in this thread has said, "I'd like to hear from a member of the GOV", nor have I been implored to participate in public discourse regarding the faction internally.

The fact is that while government is working hard, very little meets the eye. That's my point. Invest! ? I will not PM Arvo or anyone else because I have tried and failed. The whole thread is about gov being quiet and you hit me with a "nobody has said they'd like to hear from the gov"..