devil in prada

Rheotic

After hearing Rheotic say that he is a model citizen, I felt that someone needed to write a dissenting opinion. It may help if I begin my discussion by relating an innocuous story in order to illustrate my point: A few days ago I was arguing with a lousy, inaniloquent spiv who was insisting that we should abandon the institutionalized and revered concept of democracy. I tried to convince this obdurate rumormonger that although I disapprove of what Rheotic says, I will defend to the death his right to say it. Or, at a minimum, I'll prevent the “invisible hand” of loosely regulated markets from becoming an “invisible fist” that lets Rheotic effortlessly pound his revilers into oblivion. Okay, that's not quite the same as “defending to the death,” but at least it demonstrates that once you understand Rheotic's imprecations, you have a responsibility to do something about them. To know, to understand, and not to act, is an egregious sin of omission. It is the sin of silence. It is the sin of letting Rheotic send prudish, insane cadgers on safari holidays instead of publicly birching them. Now that this letter has come to an end, let me remind you that it was intended to provide an accurate, even-handed, and balanced discussion of Rheotic and his actions. Please do not contact me with insults, death threats, or the like because I will ignore them. If you disagree with my arguments or can provide further information about Rheotic, please contact me and I will endeavor to make any necessary corrections to this letter.