Looking for people to start a faction, have a plan already.

SKENG

Just now, SKENG said:

There Is nO yAkUzA iN La lol, tired of that shit tbh like half these people saying that aren't even from Los Angeles irl and have no clue on organized crime/gangs yet act like they are a ragged in blood buzzzz 

how I see it, everyone needs to be able to create a faction here on GTAW, I mean it's fiction. Who cares that certain type of irl mobs or gangs aren't in LA? 

• Upvote 1
Just now, pearl river mississippi said:

how I see it, everyone needs to be able to create a faction here on GTAW, I mean it's fiction. Who cares that certain type of irl mobs or gangs aren't in LA? 

Big facts, ain't a game if you're not being entertained.

• Upvote 1

The prime-time of the Yakuza was during the ‘80s. This is where they walked around with greasy haircuts in suits with flower-patterned blouses and aviators. It’s almost identical to criminals in the United States, which is logical because Asia imports a lot of United States culture because they consider it ‘cool’. Just look at China’s ‘fake’ iPhones and other products. Traditions such as Yubitsume (cutting fingers off for violating rules within organizations) are barely practiced in the United States.

Yakuza are fairly close to Chinese triads and Korean mobs. During the ‘90s, a lot of Italian-american mobsters that formed the dominant aspect of organized crime in America were incarcerated on RICO charges. This allowed Yakuza to be more lenient in their operations, and there was more for them to get, as much as for other ethnical groups such as Mexican cartels. 

Cities such as Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco were riddled with Koreans, Vietnamese, Chinese and Japanese people. The cities have some ethnic enclaves. – Many Vietnamese gangs formed and operated Break & Entry crews in California. Some café shoot outs were allegedly very infamous amongst the people. This sparked an interest for the Yakuza, and they moved to the United States where they would organize the youth gangs to do as they bide, just like in Japan. 

Yakuza in the United States became more lenient. Their crews had more in common with organized gangs rather than the Yakuza as we know it back in Japan. Yakuza in the United States mostly operate drug trafficking and weapons trafficking rackets as a very quiet and slow operation in modern day. 

Yakuza (in America, and in California) is a thing, but it's something that is very minimal and barely has an impact on anything so I'm not surprised it got shut down because it's not commonly known. 

Had some of this information from a guide, thought I'd share some of it.

Edited by jop
Just now, jop said:

The prime-time of the Yakuza was during the ‘80s. This is where they walked around with greasy haircuts in suits with flower-patterned blouses and aviators. It’s almost identical to criminals in the United States, which is logical because Asia imports a lot of United States culture because they consider it ‘cool’. Just look at China’s ‘fake’ iPhones and other products. Traditions such as Yubitsume (cutting fingers off for violating rules within organizations) are barely practiced in the United States.

Yakuza are fairly close to Chinese triads and Korean mobs. During the ‘90s, a lot of Italian-american mobsters that formed the dominant aspect of organized crime in America were incarcerated on RICO charges. This allowed Yakuza to be more lenient in their operations, and there was more for them to get, as much as for other ethnical groups such as Mexican cartels. 

Cities such as Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco were riddled with Koreans, Vietnamese, Chinese and Japanese people. The cities have some ethnic enclaves. – Many Vietnamese gangs formed and operated Break & Entry crews in California. Some café shoot outs were allegedly very infamous amongst the people. This sparked an interest for the Yakuza, and they moved to the United States where they would organize the youth gangs to do as they bide, just like in Japan. 

Yakuza in the United States became more lenient. Their crews had more in common with organized gangs rather than the Yakuza as we know it back in Japan. Yakuza in the United States mostly operate drug trafficking and weapons trafficking rackets as a very quiet and slow operation in modern day. 

Yakuza (in America, and in California) is a thing, but it's something that is very minimal and barely has an impact on anything so I'm not surprised it got shut down because it's not commonly known. 

Had this information from a guide previously, thought I'd share some of it.

My point exactly.

3 hours ago, pearl river mississippi said:

While this sounds nice in theory, there is a reason why you should have to restrict the player's choices when it comes to create a faction. Most real-life illegal or legal associations are born out of a certain socioeconomic climate, and in the Grand Theft Auto Universe (and, subsequently, the GTA: World universe) that socioeconomic climate is more suited towards Los Angeles and parts of southern and northern California. This makes certain ideas for factions improbable, for example a Quebecois Mobster organization would not make a whole lot of sense in inner-city Los Angeles when their operations are almost entirely based in Canada. This is also why you see numerous Hispanic and African-American gangs being accepted as a GTA: World faction: their status as a street gang and their location relative to their real life counterpart makes sense given what Los Santos and the greater area of San Andreas represents.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, qcumber said:

Most real-life illegal or legal associations are born out of a certain socioeconomic climate, and in the Grand Theft Auto Universe (and, subsequently, the GTA: World universe) that socioeconomic climate is more suited towards Los Angeles and parts of southern and northern California.

This is just false.

The relevence between the socioeconomic climate in Los Santos and Los Angeles is like the relevance between a pear and an apple.

Economically, LS reflects an extremely basic, watered down economy found in 95% of the world, sociologically, LS reflects an extremely amplified society that you might find in places like Caracas.

We need to think about this pragmatically, there needs to be rational intent, and realistic backing for that.

For example, if someone decided to create a completely fictional lore on a completely new type of faction, holding great resemblence to something like the Yakuza, and that faction, historically, has every reason to come and opperate wether primarily or otherwise in LS, it should be allowed.

3 minutes ago, SKENG said:

Yeah I mean why would big crime organisations want to go to a coastal city with high amounts of wealthy people and a massive drug culture it's just so unrealistic ?

Primarily due to competition, as it'd be challenging to mass-migrate large amounts of members to a city when it's heavily infected and protected by La Eme and other criminal organizations that are well established within the region.

1 hour ago, SKENG said:

Yeah I mean why would big crime organisations want to go to a coastal city with high amounts of wealthy people and a massive drug culture it's just so unrealistic ?

Might as well migrate Cartels into Sandy Shores at this point.