Unique Faction Ideas

Dodger

1 hour ago, pixel said:

I've been hoping for cyber crimes for years but the limitation has always been a lack of game script mechanics to support it. 

Don't get me wrong you can achieve it without scripts but you would need to do more pre-planned cooperative roleplay since there is no way to actually hack randomly. 

If anyone is interested in that, hmu. 

Cyber crime encompasses more than just “hacking”

Just now, eTaylor said:

Cyber crime encompasses more than just “hacking”

Within the context of LS / GTA:W, the majority of cyber crime would be hacking. Unless you want to start sending out forum PMs ICly to be phishing emails, or expect people to start DDoSing FaceBrowser to achieve an IC aim, there's not really much cybercrime that can be done that's not hacking, is there?

2 minutes ago, Westen said:

Within the context of LS / GTA:W, the majority of cyber crime would be hacking. Unless you want to start sending out forum PMs ICly to be phishing emails, or expect people to start DDoSing FaceBrowser to achieve an IC aim, there's not really much cybercrime that can be done that's not hacking, is there?

Anything from online scams to identity theft, even “spreading hate” and inciting violence and terrorism are forms of cyber crime. Profitable on GTW would probably be online money schemes and identity theft, I imagine you could do much more than that. Especially on facebrowser. 

• Upvote 1

I wasn't aware that I had to create an outline of what something involves to show support. 

The point I was making is simply what Westen touched on: As of now you need player cooperation or admin oversight when it comes to acquiring information through technological means in the game. There isn't a specific system to support cyber crimes and all that entails at the moment. 

If you want to try your luck randomly trying to scam people on things outside of the actual game, you do you.

I'm not sure what you expect to get out of "identity theft" other than creating facebrowser toxicity. There are no social insurance numbers or credit card numbers to get. I suppose you could get creative and apply for a government loan? And last I was aware terrorism is no beuno on the server. 

If anyone non-derisive is up to try something more inline with "hacking" feel free to hmu. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1ul5yqMj7_JgM5xpfOn5gtlO-bTk&ll=33.94079360148114%2C-118.3075525074988&z=13

If we're looking at the map above, the community needs more street gangs. Organized crime (Italian and Eurasian) is well fleshed out and there is a pipeline of new suppliers pumping product to the street, or more so are attempting to. We need more black street gangs, you wanna get really unique we need older black characters who own businesses and live in the southside. WAY too many younger people.

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Henning said:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1ul5yqMj7_JgM5xpfOn5gtlO-bTk&ll=33.94079360148114%2C-118.3075525074988&z=13

If we're looking at the map above, the community needs more street gangs. Organized crime (Italian and Eurasian) is well fleshed out and there is a pipeline of new suppliers pumping product to the street, or more so are attempting to. We need more black street gangs, you wanna get really unique we need older black characters who own businesses and live in the southside. WAY too many younger people.

Agree with this, was looking to make an older black gentleman before I fell in with the K-Town and Little Seoul roleplayers. Now I'm pretty dedicated to that, but you know, everyone down there wants to be a gangbanger.

Mainly in this server everything tends to be filtered so people don't get offended OOCly by IC things. So per say any Extremist faction(racist, religious etc) will offend the snowflakes and risk them not playing in the server. You get the idea. 

In Samp everyone wanted to be CJ, in GTA V everyone wants to be Michaels wife, but lesbian.

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Henning said:

good luck finding a turf. there’s a gang /without a thread/ that holds all of the inner chamberlain apartments despite only using one. if you’re on their claimed turf? they run your pockets maybe four or five deep in a complex that they’ve never even been to. all of forum drive is claimed by what could be 9 different gangs.

Edited by Max3
  • Upvote 1

A faction which offers group meetings for several group of people. For example veterans, domestic violence victims, ex junkies, ex alcoholics, ex gang members who have chosen to leave it all behind et cetera. All kinds of things could happen and it would be fun to hold/attend those meetings.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Hanred said:

A faction which offers group meetings for several group of people. For example veterans, domestic violence victims, ex junkies, ex alcoholics, ex gang members who have chosen to leave it all behind et cetera. All kinds of things could happen and it would be fun to hold/attend those meetings.

That's a pretty cool idea as someone who started roleplaying a homeless young adult a few days ago. Would definitely give those characters something to do and some link to other's character development. 

• Upvote 1