Unique Faction Ideas

Dodger

A lot of cool faction ideas, especially on the civilian side (i.e political groups like trade unions and fringe political parties), can’t really be properly portrayed in game without a more active government and legal roleplay scene. It’s kind of a shame considering the vast amount of potential in that area of RP left untapped.

• 2 weeks later...

What about like, cyber crime rings and stuff? People like hackers? After all it's lots of tech nowadays and GTA:W opens many possibilities + that type of crime is very often, not only card skimming, but leaking data, breaching databases and so on, of course, it would be hard to do anything script-wise but there is always development involved, same as with heists per say, I remember (not in this server) a great example - some tattoo shop was robbed, well planned and detailed, entry type of heist. the owner was OOC'ly informed (with RP screens, what type of damage was done and such) and was glad to role-play the consequences, also, I don't think that script wise cash should be one of the main goals, it's a role-play server after all, you can role-play it just fine. There's ton of people that have lots of cash but role-play being poor or broke. 

Think the same could be done with hacking and cyber crime, would be really interesting to see, since you can blackmail, extort, etc. citizens of LS, kinda same like LCN does, but in a truly modern, physically non-violent way.

On 1/19/2020 at 7:40 PM, M52B28 said:

I personally am looking forward to a Korean-influenced neighborhood within the city of Los Santos. Perhaps a highly diverse, dense and working-class enclave with a sizable Korean minority that has a far higher proportion of foreign-born residents than the average Los Santos County district? Characterized by small, local businesses which commonly have English and Hangeul names.. ?

Pop out to K-town. Little seoul needs more than just MS-13

Edited by Max3
5 hours ago, Daylong said:

What about like, cyber crime rings and stuff? People like hackers? After all it's lots of tech nowadays and GTA:W opens many possibilities + that type of crime is very often, not only card skimming, but leaking data, breaching databases and so on, of course, it would be hard to do anything script-wise but there is always development involved, same as with heists per say, I remember (not in this server) a great example - some tattoo shop was robbed, well planned and detailed, entry type of heist. the owner was OOC'ly informed (with RP screens, what type of damage was done and such) and was glad to role-play the consequences, also, I don't think that script wise cash should be one of the main goals, it's a role-play server after all, you can role-play it just fine. There's ton of people that have lots of cash but role-play being poor or broke. 

Think the same could be done with hacking and cyber crime, would be really interesting to see, since you can blackmail, extort, etc. citizens of LS, kinda same like LCN does, but in a truly modern, physically non-violent way.

I kinda like this idea.

Every faction idea can be unique if it's portrayed correctly, for example, can be 10 MC's in GTA;W but if one is doing it at a completely different level and wavelength then they'll be regarded as 'unique'.

We need to also consider the limitations we have regarding how much we can do mechanically in the game. A faction that simply races won't be a faction because it's moreso a hobby rather than a collective organisation working towards a unified goal. The hacking stuff is interesting but again, you'll be very limited to how much you can actually do without having extensive staff intervention and also it'd be difficult to know what is PG or not.

I think every faction, even ones that are done actively such as LCN, Street Gangs, Russian Organized Crime, etc. They all are unique, but all what's needed is to think outside the box as a player and then whatever you do, regardless of the context it's in, would be unique. Ultimately all that's required is high quality roleplay.

12 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Cult is the only thing ive never seen done on any rp server. Only problem is it could easily turn into trolling

Depends, founding a cult based on sheer violence, I'd guess you'd be better off with other games. Right? It has to have some guidance, not necessarily a goal, but kinda plausible background and deity.