Unique Faction Ideas

Dodger

1 hour ago, Hanred said:

A faction which offers group meetings for several group of people. For example veterans, domestic violence victims, ex junkies, ex alcoholics, ex gang members who have chosen to leave it all behind et cetera. All kinds of things could happen and it would be fun to hold/attend those meetings.

I was thinking of something similar to this although it wouldn't really be a faction, more like an ic business. Like a gang intervention program type of thing.

Existence of unique factions, means existence of certain IC groups, that would fall under people with "unpopular opinions".  Therefore existence of such IC individuals, would spark some IRL hate.

An example would be, and I'm not saying it is impossible, but it's quite hard for someone religious to roleplay someone part of an anti religious factions. Or black people participating in a racist faction.  
Another example tho' are the Motorcycle Clubs. They usually treat women bad and disregard them. However, our playerbase is mainly male, so no one is truly offended by that. What actually sparked hate during my time of roleplay here is a female MC. Many persons were bashing and hating the female MC to the point they had to close it, because of publics opinion. To think that just gender was a reason to spark hate, imagine something racist or religious.

We can go on and pretend it is all RP, but we would only be lying to our selves that the existence of such factions might offend people IRL.

Please avoid replying me with: "I'm "X" and I'm roleplayin with an "anti-X" faction." 

Edited by Gambler
22 minutes ago, wardsforeveryone said:

Pawnshop with some shady dudes working in it, that unfortunately has stocks or ball gags in the backroom. 

Not saying that these kinds of ideas are rare itself but it does require a good amount of roleplayers pulling off the idea to initial potential.

so you enjoyed the pawn shop scene in Pulp Fiction, I take it.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Five-oh said:

so you enjoyed the pawn shop scene in Pulp Fiction, I take it.

You bet I did.

Back in the day, we were running a faction with a similar idea, based on a mere idea of just having fun in developing characters. So, rednecks, owning a family business and just having fun behind the scenes. 

One of the reasons why it died out, is because ideas like these are so abstract, that after some time passes, you realize that you have no purpose unless you have more people to support your ideas and create something out of nothing.

Edited by wardsforeveryone

* This post assumes that you're able to /sms people even if they're offline, right now that is disabled but it is being fix.

It would be nice to get some creativity going in the SMSing system we currently have on in-game phones. I've started working on bringing up an internet company that focuses on a more personalized approach to advertising by sending the advertisements directly to the (potential) customer's phone (via SMS). However, realizing the current limitations of the SMS system, I decided against putting in any more effort before it's fixed.

The possibilities are also endless with the SMS system, below are some ideas I've stormed up in the last few weeks.

1. A whole new level of roleplay could be introduced within organizations/corporations to have dedicated marketing teams that could also develop a more personal touch with the characters causing them to be more loyal customers. Think of promotions (ex: 20% off only this weekend), reach out programs (surveys, feedback, etc) with prizes, raffles, announcements, etc.

2. Another possibility would be the introduction of services that the players would sign themselves up for monthly/weekly, think of:

• daily astrology sign
  • daily news updates
  • etc.

3. Finally, officials can also take advantage of the SMS system, sending out:

•  disaster warnings (if a disaster were to ever be roleplayed)
  •  AMBER alerts
  • monthly meetings of LSPD/Gov/etc that are open to the public to attend

Do you think these ideas might survive in-game for more than a few weeks before everyone loses interest?