Los Santos Sheriff Department & County jail release

6 hours ago, .45 said:

How come?

If you segregate females and males right now then females will have nobody to roleplay with 95% of the time and it'll feel moreso like an OOC punishment rather than an IC prison term. If the servers population continues to rise then I'm sure the demand for a female wing will rise with it, but right now dividing up males and females wouldn't make sense.

This was dealt with on LSRP with ease and I'm sure those methods will translate here.

10 minutes ago, r0yal said:

If you segregate females and males right now then females will have nobody to roleplay with 95% of the time and it'll feel moreso like an OOC punishment rather than an IC prison term. If the servers population continues to rise then I'm sure the demand for a female wing will rise with it, but right now dividing up males and females wouldn't make sense.

This was dealt with on LSRP with ease and I'm sure those methods will translate here.

You forgot that this isn't lsrp and most of the server are female rprs.

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, .45 said:

How many of those female roleplayers commit crimes? Very little; the majority roleplay a civilian life.

Male roleplayers make up 90%+ of criminal roleplay.

I understand the ooc needs as even though there's a ridiculous amount of female characters around most of the prison pop will likely be males. But having the two be completely merged together would take away from a realistic prison experience and I can see a lot of downright cringey and unserious behaviour coming from it to be quite frank. To limit this I'd agree with the idea of a fence in the yard and having separate cell blocks, but maybe have the canteen open to everyone as a chance for actual physical interaction to take place.

• Upvote 1

This is all speculation. Once we launch and we get a feel for the traffic in and out of the prison, we can start to discuss how to make it a better experience for everybody involved. It's nothing to be getting all bent out of shape about before we've even launched and had the chance to experience it first hand - if it's a big problem like some people are making it out to be, then we can move forward with ideas to improve the situation.

15 hours ago, .45 said:

How come?

I'm not forcing my small custody division, which has not yet launched, to dedicate their time to two separate wings - one of which will be completely inactive and boring, the other of which will need constant oversight.

14 hours ago, Caracosa said:

Forgive me if I'm being super dumb here. I feel like I'm misunderstanding something really obvious. Because if female characters are RPing in the same physical space as male characters, that means female characters now fall under the influence of prison gangs. That changes things up with potential CK-level ramifications that wouldn't otherwise exist.

Once again, you're looking way too deeply into this. Prison gangs should be more than capable of policing their own interactions with female characters. There is no difference between this and gangs policing their own interactions with police - on a real life basis, gangs do not have their members arrested for violent felonies and those members return 3 days later.

8 hours ago, .45 said:

Where are the stats showing that most of the server are female roleplayers? Of those, how many are criminals? Of those, how many are arrested? Of those, how many are actually interested in long-term jail roleplay? They can still wait their sentence out offline.

8 hours ago, my_g said:

I understand the ooc needs as even though there's a ridiculous amount of female characters around most of the prison pop will likely be males. But having the two be completely merged together would take away from a realistic prison experience and I can see a lot of downright cringey and unserious behaviour coming from it to be quite frank. To limit this I'd agree with the idea of a fence in the yard and having separate cell blocks, but maybe have the canteen open to everyone as a chance for actual physical interaction to take place.

It's a jail, not a prison. And the mapping doesn't accommodate this idea. 

It is equally unrealistic for us to have an ambiguously coed facility with segregated blocks as it is with a non-segregated facilities. Males and females do not end up in the same facilities in real life when they're awaiting trial in a municipality like Los Santos. It is equally unrealistic that we don't have a prison system. It is equally unrealistic that my character wasn't elected. It is equally unrealistic that the Sheriff's Department has not yet already existed. It is equally unrealistic that there's only 300 people in the big city of Los Santos. It is equally unrealistic that there's houses and properties that are shells, essentially part of a large ghost town that nobody interacts with. It is equally unrealistic that there's no wildlife.

In general:

If we acknowledge the gender separation rather than leave it ambiguous, then we would be FORCED to completely isolate female characters 24/7 from males. A total of maybe 2-3 female characters would be ISOLATED in their own block for their entire jail sentence. I cannot overstate how incredibly boring this would be for my faction and for the people who are isolated. It would be an OOC punishment for female roleplayers.

Don't roleplay it as being a coed jail. Treat it AMBIGUOUSLY. Do not acknowledge the nature of it being "coed." Nobody is forcing you to. Prison gangs do not need to acknowledge that females are on the yard, just as females don't need to acknowledge they're on a male-dominant yard.

People do this all the time with gang-members returning to the streets after being fatally shot. People do this 24/7 with past injuries. If everyone role-played all of their historical injuries, the majority of the city would be invalids. 

That said, this thread is about a faction announcement.

If this becomes an issue that compromises realism, I can guarantee that we would fix it immediately. I highly doubt this will compromise realism at all. In fact, I doubt it will be something people even notice.

Edited by Bospy
  • Applaud 5

I'm a little late to the party but I do wanna give a big congrats to all the hard-working people that are making this faction, I'm sure it'll be great and I look forward RPing in it. As of the issue with males and females together in the same pod, it's simple. As of right now, we don't expect to have a huge number of females RPing in jail. So, it would be silly of us to exclude those females who do want to RP in the jail by putting two or three in a pod by themselves. If we did that, they would be bored and go afk and we'd also have to put a deputy in that pod who would also be bored and go afk. Right now, Bospy is doing the best thing for this faction and allowing everybody to RP. Sometimes, you have to give up a little realism to ensure that everybody has a good time. If a lot of females RP in jail, changes can be made. This really shouldn't be that big of an issue. Again, congrats guys! This is gonna be great.